Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders Get Carson Palmer

ReMeDy

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nfl-wp9852

I didn't think they'd pull it off, but they did. The Raiders had to give up a first-round draft pick in 2012 and a conditional first-round pick in 2013. The conditional is if the Raiders win a playoff game in the 2011 season, the Bengals will get a first-rounder in 2013. Otherwise, it will be a second-round pick if they don't. In short, Oakland thinks they can win NOW.

Seems like a huge asking price to me, but I guess Mike Brown needed some extra convincing. Bare minimum that's a 1st and 2nd round pick for a 31-year old QB who hasn't had a professional snap in six weeks. Thankfully, Oakland has a great running game to ease Palmer in.

Edited by ReMeDy

Waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy toooooooo much for this guy!And to think that many of you wanted the colts to pull the trigger on him!I like his arrogance,but not his productions.

We should have tried to get Palmer the instant they knew Manning was not going to play. If he had come in before the season started we could be 2-4 at least with him which is fine in a weak division like we have. It would have been worth giving up a lot for the chance to make the playoffs in the year we are hosting the Super Bowl. We also don't know if Manning is ever coming back so Palmer would have made a good replacement in the event Manning doesn't return.

We should have tried to get Palmer the instant they knew Manning was not going to play. If he had come in before the season started we could be 2-4 at least with him which is fine in a weak division like we have. It would have been worth giving up a lot for the chance to make the playoffs in the year we are hosting the Super Bowl. We also don't know if Manning is ever coming back so Palmer would have made a good replacement in the event Manning doesn't return.

Are you crazy? Give up 2 1st rd. picks for a 1 yr. rental. That would be the epitomy of stupid!

Hey, I don't think it's a bad deal at all. Call me crazy, but with Carson I think the Raiders have a Superbowl chance. Not a knock on Jason Campbell, but he isn't an amazing quarterback. Carson has done many things with the Bengals, the BENGALS. The Raiders are a good running and defensive team. Carson gives them their passing game. The Raiders all around were god with Jason Campbell. They have only lost to the Bills and Patriots. Carson gives them that extra oomph.

Edited by Fx Stryker

Hey, I don't think it's a bad deal at all. Call me crazy, but with Carson I think the Raiders have a Superbowl chance. Not a knock on Jason Campbell, but he isn't an amazing quarterback. Carson has done many things with the Bengals, the BENGALS. The Raiders are a good running and defensive team. Carson gives them their passing game. The Raiders all around were god with Jason Campbell. They have only lost to the Bills and Patriots. Carson gives them that extra oomph.

If I remember correctly Carson Palmer wasn't cut until after we had already signed Kerry Collins. If not I'm sure someone will correct me. rotfl

If I remember correctly Carson Palmer wasn't cut until after we had already signed Kerry Collins. If not I'm sure someone will correct me. rotfl

He clearly was never cut, hence the trade...

This seems like way too much for Carson, but I really like him and hope he can turn his career around in Oakland.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now