Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown currently has 458 consecutive carries without a fumble.

Dustin

He only has 1 fumble in his entire career and that was in his first season, sure handed scat Back with the ball in his hands and I think can develop into one ofthe best ones in the league if he stays healthy, He is having a good season on limited touches, 33 rush attempts and 195 yards

I recall BenJarvus Green Ellis formerly for the Pats having a ton of games without one. Not sure if he has Donald beat or not.

He does, 510 carries at least from 2008 to his first year with Cincy in 2012 without a fumble vs Washington week 4 and 2 the next week  in week 5 vs Jax. 1 of those 3 was recovered by the offense though

If he fumbles this week.....

I have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If Brown doesn't fumble, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if he does, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

If he fumbles this week.....

I have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If Brown doesn't fumble, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if he does, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Taken from "Taken", point taken, lol :)

This streak might be higher than entire RB rosters of most teams, I can bet.

Also, say what you want about Bill Polian, he drafted RBs that did not put it on the floor. Both Addai and Brown were high floor, moderate ceiling guys that won more games than they lost for you. They may not have a high ceiling to bear a sole burden but in a complementary role, always delivered, Addai did so with Rhodes and Brown might do so with Richardson. The Polians' OL drafting did DB no favors either, IMO. This is truly the first year I can see a Colts' OL open up enough holes after a LONG time.

Ahmad Bradshaw was another of those kind with a high floor but he had a higher ceiling to get to than Addai or Brown. If he were healthy, Richardson's playing time might have been reduced to that of a backup, IMO. I strongly believe that.

Eli Manning really misses Bradshaw, and the role he played in those 2 SB runs, no doubt in my mind.

That is a pretty impressive stat that Dustin provided. 458 carries with no drops is quite a feat. I will paying close attention to Brown this weekend to see if Donald fights for additional yards this Sunday or if he drops like a feather at the slightest defender near him as House indicated. 

This is a crucial game for Donald against the Texans since Wade Philips defense loves to pressure the QB & Brown will be called upon to run screens & make the Texans think twice about blitzing us frequently as the game progresses. 

INDY desperately needs to dominate this game if we are to have any hope of winning the division this year & always know where JJ Watt is at all times. I know what a 1 man game wrecker that man is...I don't want Luck taking a beating at his expense...

That is a pretty impressive stat that Dustin provided. 458 carries with no drops is quite a feat. I will paying close attention to Brown this weekend to see if Donald fights for additional yards this Sunday or if he drops like a feather at the slightest defender near him as House indicated. 

This is a crucial game for Donald against the Texans since Wade Philips defense loves to pressure the QB & Brown will be called upon to run screens & make the Texans think twice about blitzing us frequently as the game progresses. 

INDY desperately needs to dominate this game if we are to have any hope of winning the division this year & always know where JJ Watt is at all times. I know what a 1 man game wrecker that man is...I don't want Luck taking a beating at his expense...

SW..you are right..about the short passes to Brown on 3rd and long

KC throws swing passes to Jamaal Charles like they invented the play...he's caught 40 balls

safe plays,...easy to complete..and he could break one

Is he going to come back after having a really good season to be the 3rd back behind Richardson and Ballard, and can we offer him enough money?

The answer to bothj is probably 'no'

Denver would kill for a back who could hold onto the ball..

They don't need 100 yards games from the backs and Donald may know their QB

Guest TeamLoloJones

What's odd is that Donald Brown is the oldest most experienced skill player on the Colts roster now..other than Matt Hasselbeck, right?

I think DHB is actually a few months older than Brown.

Guest TeamLoloJones

If you factor in catches he has 518 consecutive touches without a fumble.

Here's two fun facts:

1. The all time NFL record for consecutive touches without a fumble is 719 by Ladainian Tomlinson

2. If you look up "Fumble" on Wikipedia, Andrew Luck is the first picture that comes up. (I'm not kidding)