Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFP Power Rankings.....

John Dee

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfp-power-rankings-182048786--nfl.html

Heheheee..   I guess we are still the little market team that is winning with mirrors.

I really hope someone steps up for Reggie and we shove this "national" perception straight down the media's throat.  

Indy's combined schedule so far is 26-21.

Beat ALL OF THE TOP 3,,,,       And have not been blown out in any game.    I don't really see the logic.   

But whatever it is what it is...

We're a little low on this poll IMO, but on the other hand ESPN had has at #2 which I think is definitely a little high. I don't understand the logic behind putting us behind San Fran right now, but otherwise a case could be made for the Broncos, Seahawks, and Saints all to be ahead us despite us having beaten two of them. Bengals have the same record I believe but our wins are more impressive.

To be honest I feel this team does better when it plays the role of underdog which is why our next game concerns me. We seem to play up or play down to our competition. Will be interesting to see how we do in Houston in a week as a favorite and without Reggie.

Being ranked behind New England and Cinn is just plain baseless. You have to consider who the teams beat , margins of victory and who the losses are to. No way does that equate to them being ahead of us. That said... I don't care.

This Colts team is legit, but we still wouldn’t take them on a neutral field against a team like New Orleans. Conversely, this Broncos squad isn’t perfect. But we’d still play them on neutral turf against a team like San Francisco.

Umm, hello? We beat the Niners in their house.

I don't care about power rankings, but that kind of logic (or lack thereof) is annoying.

I don't care about power rankings, but that kind of logic (or lack thereof) is annoying.

I'm with you.  And then they go on to say we aren't getting moved up because of losses to a 3-3 team and a 4-3 team. 

Uhhhmmm...  let's take a sec to look at all 3 teams with 5-2 records...

5 Wins                2 Losses

(comb. record)     (comb. record)

Bengals         18-15                    7-7

Patriots          14-19                    9-5

Colts              19-15                    7-6

I agree, plus having Cincy ranked ahead of us is downright comically ignorant. The best team Cincy has beat is NE and I'm not convinced NE is really that good. Other than them they have beaten nobody. I also think were better than the Packers, Saints, and the Chiefs who have beaten not a single really good team.