Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Losing Reggie Wayne Could Be A Good Thing.

Dark Superman

Well lets see who we have here...

T.Y. Hilton - Crazy speed, good route runner, typically holds onto the ball and has WR1 Possibilities.

DHB - Great Speed, Great Size, Good hands, not a possession receiver though. He's a lock at WR2

LaVon Brazil - Good speed, good route runner, has hands, possession receiver, he's an almost lock on WR3 if he produces.

Reed - Other than his hands, and speed I don't really know a whole lot about him.. Other than they say he just hasn't stepped up yet this season.

We are a little thin at receiver, but I think this is the worst case scenario and a star will emerge from that group of guys right there..

I disagree that Whalen is like Blair White.

If given a chance, I think he could be similar to Stokely or Welker.

Perhaps his long awaited chance may soon come? Or perhaps not?

Please stop with this Whalen nonsense. Please, for the love of god it has to stop.

As much as I like Hilton he is at best a number 2 receiver. DHB should have been the number 3 receiver until he proved he was a number 2 (which has not happened). We will need a number 1 receiver to compete in the playoffs. Think about it...Denver is loaded, Seahawks just got number 1 back in Harvin, San Francisco get there number 1 before the playoffs (Crabtree), New England just got there number 1 back (Gronk) and the Saints are loaded.

The Colts and Chiefs are the odd man out with questionable #1 WR. Then you add the Colts questionable running game and that puts the Colts behind the Chiefs.

Trade for Fitzgerald.

DHB is/was the #3 receiver. He received the 3rd most targets of our receivers this year. Hilton had the 2nd most...

DHB is/was the #3 receiver. He received the 3rd most targets of our receivers this year. Hilton had the 2nd most...

People seem to mistake DHB as the #2 just because he plays more downs. He's in there because he is a large body and superior blocker to Hilton, and Hilton is the slot reciever.

I disagree that Whalen is like Blair White.If given a chance, I think he could be similar to Stokely or Welker.Perhaps his long awaited chance may soon come? Or perhaps not?

oh my lordy lord....

Well Welker wasn't an all pro in San Diego or Miami, hard tellin what a player is capable of if they never see the field...

With that said I doubt Whalen ever becomes pro bowler, but he has shown some decent route running & if developed he could probably become a decent possession receiver, but that won't happen if he never sees the field...

A persons ceiling is what he is capable of. Your ceiling doesn't change. You have to put in the work to reach your ceiling. Moss and Megatron have the highest ceilings but Jerry rice out worked everybody. Hilton has a WR1 ceiling to me, but people don't like his size. What he did a couple of games ago proves what he can do.

Now, now hear me out.

I am in no way shape or form bashing Reggie Wayne here.

The guy is our best receiver and our offensive leader and he's just not replaceable right now.

Filling his shoes may not happen for another twenty years.

But we all know Reggie is getting older and his years are numbered.

And we all know that our clock to find his replacement has been tickling.. Right?

This injury might just give us the kick in the butt we need to pull off an aggressive move to get somebody who can come in here and deliver for many years.

I sure hope his successor is on our roster this year or even next year so that Reggie can mentor him.

I hope he can come back next year and finish out his career here in Indy..

Get well #87

I know you mean well..but we lost any chance at the Super Bowl losing Reggie.

WE cant bring somebody in now who will help us greatly this year

its late for that..

...I think we were well aware of Reggie's age. Now isn't the time to find his eventual successor..

..we just need a fill in

I know you mean well..but we lost any chance at the Super Bowl losing Reggie.

WE cant bring somebody in now who will help us greatly this year

its late for that..

...I think we were well aware of Reggie's age. Now isn't the time to find his eventual successor..

..we just need a fill in

Nice defeatism.

Its a weak AFC this year, if the Colts can get a passable #1 reciever they will continue to be a top tier team in it.

I agree

Indy needs a stop - gap player

Deion Branch...

Cheap!!!

Veteran...

Has experience in big-time games...

No character issues...

Did I say cheap???

Even if you just get something like his 16 receptions, 150 yards, & 10 FDs he put in last year that'd be worth it as a stop-gap possession receiver.

we just need a fill in

Just reality, SKY..

If it wasn't the Colst you'd see it clearly...

we've lost 4 skill positon players on offense including our top RB and receiver plus our starting RG.

..and its not a down year in the AFC in Denver, SD, NE, KC and Cincy..

We've lost a ton of offense...we've taken to many hits.

You have to say what you see.

Just reality, SKY..

If it wasn't the Colst you'd see it clearly...

we've lost 4 skill positon players on offense including our top RB and receiver plus our starting RG.

..and its not a down year in the AFC in Denver, SD, NE, KC and Cincy..

We've lost a ton of offense...we've taken to many hits.

You have to say what you see.

Okay.

-Denver has a horrific pass D. Hold them under 40 and they lose.

-San Diego is mediocre and with a QB good enough to occasionally rise to the occasion

-KC has racked up great defensive stats against all of the worst offenses in the NFL, while their offense remains just managed enough to barely outscore those poor opponents

-Cincy is the most up and down team in the league, and Dalton is as likely to lose you the game as he is to win it.

-NE's defense is battered to the point of nonexistance, and Tom Brady continues to look out of sorts at times.

The Colts continue to be more balanced than any of the teams mentioned above, and just need to make a move to shore up the WR corp to stay in the hunt. To write off the team thats beaten some of the top teams in the NFL and went 5-2 in one of the more brutal first half schedules, primarily through great secondary play, is delusional, especially if Grigson gets a replacement reciever before the trade deadline.

Honestly how you can say that and call it realism is laughable. This Colts team no longer deserves doubt, as the passing game isnt even that important to their formula for winning.

Fitz is also injured, bad hamy which has plagued him for the last 3-4 games. Production is way down, and a hamstring can last a whole season when you keep playing on it. Plus at around 15 million a year, way too much salary cap wise, even if we had the money this year, which we don't! Still I do love the dream of him and Andrew! I bet Fitz would love to be here also.