Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

manning is to brady as luck is to

danlhart87

Wilson almost never takes big hits.  As much as he scrambles around he always seems to know when to get down.  I would argue Luck has taken more big hits.  And Wilson is built alot like Luck, just shorter.  He's a thick kid.

When Wilson does take a big hit he goes flying like a bowling pin. I didn't think he he was going to get up after JJ Watt nailed him a couple weeks ago.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Maybe whomever the Jags draft this year....Bridgewater, Mariota, Hundley...who knows?

Chip Kelly will be desperate to get Mariota.

When Wilson does take a big hit he goes flying like a bowling pin. I didn't think he he was going to get up after JJ Watt nailed him a couple weeks ago.

I love watching JJ Watt get after it. That man's a beast! Though I do want to break his finger off every time he does that "no, no" moti

I love watching JJ Watt get after it. That man's a beast! Though I do want to break his finger off every time he does that "no, no" motion.

Guest TeamLoloJones

He better get in line. Although it's always hard to judge QBs that come from these spread offenses. Seems like anyone can chuck it for 350 .

Yeah but Kelly will pay more than most to get his old QB back.

Thats a given, when he said next year i was thinking next season, and not literally next calendar year when the playoffs are going on.

I was just saying we could play them again this season( playoffs)and then regular season next year, maybe the playoffs next year too. It seems to me a rivalry is very possible.

There isn't a young QB in the AFC that is anywhere even close to Luck's talent and ability. So unless one comes along in the next yr. or 2(and I'm not sure there will be), I don't see a Manning vs. Brady rivalry for Luck.

With the talent level of the QBs that going to be in this up coming draft I do think there will be a Luck rival. This next draft is very QB heavy with quality QBs.

You see, the thing about the Manning vs. Brady debate was that they were pretty similar in talent. If you believe that Smith or Pryor are even in the same zip code or heck, even country code, then you need to start paying much more attention. Nobody in the AFC under the age of 35 are even remotely close to Lucks talent.

Brees is 34

What if Peyton Manning becomes his biggest rival during the next few years? It's possible.

It already started, we'll start to see the Broncos like we use to see the Patriots because of how they schedule the teams that make the playoffs the previous season.   This was just the start of that rivalry, we'll see them again this year.  

Luck/Manning I  was pretty cool, but Luck/Manning II will be for even more rewards.  

Will the Jags still be in our division when they move out west? 

It already started, we'll start to see the Broncos like we use to see the Patriots because of how they schedule the teams that make the playoffs the previous season.   This was just the start of that rivalry, we'll see them again this year.  

Luck/Manning I  was pretty cool, but Luck/Manning II will be for even more rewards.  

Will the Jags still be in our division when they move out west?

Supposedly yes they would still be in our division :(

I'm not sure that the Manning/Luck rivalry even existed on the field until late in the sixth year of Peyton's career. Brady hadn't even been drafted at a comparable point in time.

Anyone have a ouija board?

If we're looking for symmetry, you're right... we need to be looking for someone drafted a couple years from now, in a late round.

Now THAT player should be easy enough to find...

manning had brady

always had intense games

who will be luck's greatest opponent

dont say russell wilson either cause we will rarely play him

best i can come up with is andy dalton

No one..There is no counterpart to Andrew Luck among young QBs...

Russell and Robert are good players

But Andrew is 1-0 against Denver, GB, Seattle and SF...and he's won under 2 different systems and 2 different coaches.

Manning and Brady are equals.

in the under-25 crowd..Andrew has not equal

Yet to be determined!

Rivalries evolve over a period of time.

Lucks rival will be shown over the next 4-5 years.

Repeated meetings, playoff matchups, etc.

Agreed and well-said. 

He may never really have a main rival. The Brady-Manning thing was borne out from very unique circumstances. Two smart, pocket QBs, playing for consistent organizations that were always in the hunt, so there was always something at stake when they played (normally home field advantage for later on in the playoffs). The younger AFC quarterbacks, like Flacco and Dalton, play for teams that are up one year, down the next. It's not going to create a rivalry if the Andrew-Luck-led Colts send the Ravens to an 8-8 record next year or the one after that. The Colts look like the AFC team with the brightest future right now, just a few parts away while competing in the here-and-now. You guys should be happy for such good fortune! 

Guest TeamLoloJones

manning had brady

always had intense games

who will be luck's greatest opponent

dont say russell wilson either cause we will rarely play him

best i can come up with is andy dalton

LeBron James.