Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Get rid of Reed and shop for new WR's

SubZero

The team will definitely be different with Wayne gone. Very hard loss. But right now with Vaughn doing a good job in the return game I say just dump Reed and pick up two kew WR's. Hakeem Nicks and Emmanuel Sanders were rumored to get shopped. If we got Sanders for a 7th round i wouldnt mind. But what are your thoughts??

Guest TeamLoloJones

Isn't Nicks contract up after this season? If it is you have to pay him..rather ride it out with Whalen and Rogers

I would only want Nicks if it was a sign and trade, so we would have him locked in and not let him walk and thus loose the pick.

Man what did Nicks do with your girlfriend? You trash him in every thread. He's a very good player with injury issues. He's the type of WR Luck loves.

Injury issues and drops. He has more drops than DHB I do believe. Why get an injury prone WR to a team who's no stranger to the injury bug? Then if we give them a 2nd or 3rd for him and he does get injured for the rest of the season, then the forum is gonna become bi-polar like it always does and say how dumb of a trade it was

Or here's a crazy idea: let's see if one of OUR guys can step up. I know, I know, what am I thinking. But, I mean worse case scenario, this idea doesn't pan out...and if that's the case, we can always think about a trade. Oh yeah, and you have to give it some time. I know some people on this board want to judge a player/coach based off 1 or 2 performances (example: our weekly "Get rid of xxx because he had a bad game" thread), but just give it some time. I'm sure Grigs and company will ultimately make the best decision for our franchise. 

Or here's a crazy idea: let's see if one of OUR guys can step up. I know, I know, what am I thinking. But, I mean worse case scenario, this idea doesn't pan out...and if that's the case, we can always think about a trade. Oh yeah, and you have to give it some time. I know some people on this board want to judge a player/coach based off 1 or 2 performances (example: our weekly "Get rid of xxx because he had a bad game" thread), but just give it some time. I'm sure Grigs and company will ultimately make the best decision for our franchise.

The problem with that is the trade deadline is in 8 days if I'm not mistaken. So if we're gonna trade, don't have much time to get it done

The trade deadline is in 8 days. There's no time to waste to evaluate our guys that hasn't already happened in the entire off-season and half of the regular season. 

It's either make a move now, or be stuck with DHB as your #1 receiver and essentially lose out on any chance you have of winning a Super Bowl this year.

The problem with that is the trade deadline is in 8 days if I'm not mistaken. So if we're gonna trade, don't have much time to get it done

My bad, I was thinking that the trade deadline wasn't until at least 2 weeks away. With that said, I'm confident with our group. I feel like we're going to be "overpaying" for someone like Nicks/Saudners anyways.

My bad, I was thinking that the trade deadline wasn't until at least 2 weeks away. With that said, I'm confident with our group. I feel like we're going to be "overpaying" for someone like Nicks/Saudners anyways.

Yep; we'll see what happens. We're on a bye week so we got time to sort things out

Guest TeamLoloJones

Wrong sport. Sign and trades do not happen in the NFL.

Trades can be contingent on signing a new contract.  That's what happened with Percy Harvin and Seattle.  If the trade is accepted, the player has to pass a physical and sign a new contract before the trade is made official.  Thus the sign and trade.

Man what did Nicks do with your girlfriend? You trash him in every thread. He's a very good player with injury issues. He's the type of WR Luck loves.

I couldn't agree more. plus isn't Nicks like 6'1 6'2?? he is taller then the average DB in the NFL and we need another big guy who can win the jump ball game especially the way Luck gets erratic at times. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

No he doesn't

People on here are clueless.  Nicks is injury prone, no doubt about it.  But healthy, he is a top 10 WR talent in the NFL.  If people don't think so then they should just stop discussing football all together because they don't know what they are talking about.

People on here are clueless.  Nicks is injury prone, no doubt about it.  But healthy, he is a top 10 WR talent in the NFL.  If people don't think so then they should just stop discussing football all together because they don't know what they are talking about.

Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Victor Cruz, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Marshall, Percy Harvin, Randall Cobb are all better than him and that's just off the top of my head.

He's a good player, but top 10 is a stretch imo. Definitely not unanimous enough to say that someone has "no football knowledge" if they disagree. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Victor Cruz, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Marshall, Percy Harvin, Randall Cobb are all better than him and that's just off the top of my head.

He's a good player, but top 10 is a stretch imo. Definitely not unanimous enough to say that someone has "no football knowledge" if they disagree. 

My point wasn't necessarily that Nicks was in the top ten but me arguing the idea that Nicks is "garbage"- which is just ridiculous.

I would love to bring in Doug Baldwin if we could get a decent deal. He's a very solid player in my opinion, and he may be expendable for the seahawks with Percy coming back.

Didn't Doug Baldwin go to Stanford too? That could work. He'll have a hand up over bringing in a random WR which would take longer to learn the plays

Agreed, can't just promote the practice squad guys. With Reggie out, you need a guy with some proven experience. None of our current receivers have much experience. 

T.Y. with a year & a 1/2; DHB with a few years of so so success. The rest are guys who have barely 

played & had little to no success thus far. If you want to win playoff games this season you've got 

to find at least one experienced guy at WR.

Plus you need an experienced guy at TE as we're not getting much production there as well.

While we're at it, get a OG as well! That's a lot of shopping I know, but needed.

And hey, the 4th & 5th CB's can't seem to cover well in the base defense. But that'll most likely have to wait till the off season.

Good luck to Grigson!