Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peterson could be father of 7 kids out of wedlock

amfootball

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to jshipp23-  When you have that many kids with that many women you bring the negativity upon yourself. In a world with way too many 'my babies Mamas' it is not a good thing. With the time he spends playing in the NFL where is he being a father figure in his kids life. Where was he when one of his kids was being abused? Having babies and being there when they need you and having babies and going down the road are two different things. For you to condone and defend this actions says a lot about the person you are.

to jshipp23-  When you have that many kids with that many women you bring the negativity upon yourself. In a world with way too many 'my babies Mamas' it is not a good thing. With the time he spends playing in the NFL where is he being a father figure in his kids life. Where was he when one of his kids was being abused? Having babies and being there when they need you and having babies and going down the road are two different things. For you to condone and defend this actions says a lot about the person you are.

I'm not condoning anything, it's none of my BUSINESS and I've made many mistakes myself so I'm not gonna judge anyone....

guys your seeing this all wrong. peterson is the perfect example of an athlete so hes breeding the world full of adrian peterson for the next generation. we should be thankful haha

Is this AP's NFL retirement plan? A DNA bank for molding the perfect RB? It works for Kentucky Derby race horses...Just Kidding! 

Is this AP's NFL retirement plan? A DNA bank for molding the perfect RB? It works for Kentucky Derby race horses...Just Kidding! 

Come on man.....Southwest, in today's society people are gonna twist what you just said in a very bad way..I know you was just kidding, but you may wanna have that post taken down..

Honestly, this is disturbing.  The fact that he never even met his one kid who died till he was in a coma....it's just sick.  As a father, it's your responsibility to protect your kids, regardless of whether you're married to the mother.  If Peterson's any real man at all, he'll change his ways and actually have a relationship with the kids he fathered and look out for them so nothing like what happens to his one kid happens to another (and even if this never had happened, he still should always be watching out for his kids and protecting them).

Come on man.....Southwest, in today's society people are gonna twist what you just said in a very bad way..I know you was just kidding, but you may wanna have that post taken down..

I speak my mind & make no apologies for that. If you are that offended by what I said send me a PM & we can talk about it man to man in a respectful way naturally.

That's the problem with today's world everybody walks on egg shells too worried about offending about someone's personal beliefs. They have a right to take issue with what I said & They have a right to simply LOL & move on... There are bigger societal dilemmas in this world than what I inferred & if a person is that distraught over what I said they can communicate those feelings to me directly or put me on the ignore list. Either one, if fine to me. 

The irony here is that most bloggers on this site are adults & I do my best to remember that the intended audience is PG in orientation, but it's like a Walt Disney animation movie, there is adult humor & kids humor in the same PG motion picture. Do we condemn Walt Disney Pictures for that? No, either you slap down your hard earned dollars & buy the ticket or you don't it's as simple as that IMHO. 

I speak my mind & make no apologies for that. If you are that offended by what I said send me a PM & we can talk about it man to man in a respectful way naturally.

That's the problem with today's world everybody walks on egg shells too worried about offending about someone's personal beliefs. They have a right to take issue with what I said & They have a right to simply LOL & move on... 

Hey, I agree 100% with you as I feel the same I'm just saying their will be those who like to be offended by everything and miscontrue everything just to cry about it...

Hey, I agree 100% with you as I feel the same I'm just saying their will be those who like to be offended by everything and miscontrue everything just to cry about it...

I wrote this before I read your reply above: [i like you Jshipp23 & I have no problem with you at all my friend.]

People can dismiss what I said, be revolted by what I said, silently laugh at what I said, or ignore what I said. If the moderators wanna take it down, they take it down. If I receive a warning point, so be it. My philosophy on the matter is simply this: Come back to me when you have a real problem. Yes, whatever a person's emotional reaction to it, is fine by me. Express your true feelings & own them but what I said is meaningless in the grand scheme of things jshipp23. JMO. 

Most of the comedians I admire especially George Carlin never cared whose fethers they ruffled largely because they are trying to separate a real crisis from a fabricated one or they want to explore the real root over why a segment of the population is offended over an issue or complaint. Can AP have intimate relations with whomever he wants? Sure Can people be upset over physical intimacy outside of marriage? Sure. Can people say it's none of my darn business? Sure. Can people joke about the frequency of that intimacy? Sure. Nothing is offlimits to me, except in the immediate wake of a horrific accident, tragedy, or natural disaster. 

I wrote this before I read your reply above: [i like you Jshipp23 & I have no problem with you at all my friend.]

People can dismiss what I said, be revolted by what I said, silently laugh at what I said, or ignore what I said. If the moderators wanna take it down, they take it down. If I receive a warning point, so be it. My philosophy on the matter is simply this: Come back to me when you have a real problem. Yes, whatever a person's emotional reaction to it, is fine by me. Express your true feelings & own them but what I said is meaningless in the grand scheme of things jshipp23. JMO. 

Most of the comedians I admire especially George Carlin never cared whose features they ruffled largely because they are trying to separate a real crisis from a fabricated one or they want to explore the real root over why a segment of the population is offended over an issue or complaint. Can AP have intimate relations with whomever he wants? Sure Can people be upset over physical intimacy outside of marriage? Sure. Can people say it's none of my darn business? Sure. Can people joke about the frequency of that intimacy? Sure. Nothing is offlimits to me, except in the immediate wake of a horrific accident, tragedy, or natural disaster. 

Yeah...you're probably safe as you have a lot more friends on here than me...If I said it they'd already be all over me like they have in the past...lol...

Yeah...you're probably safe as you have a lot more friends on here than me...If I said it they'd already be all over me like they have in the past...lol...

In fairness to you jshipp23, if I see bloggers attempt to tar & feather you for expressing your genuine beliefs I will defend your right to say it & whether or not I agree with your stance.

I owe all my friends that much as a bare minimum. It takes real courage to say something unpopular & I can distinguish between an instigator stirring the pot vs someone speaking what they truly believe. You're a good guy jshipp23. You are not a troll. You have a keen understanding of football & I enjoy reading your slant on things. Keep it up! :thmup:  

AP is not the only one. There was some report out a year or so ago, huge list of athletes, most NFL who have fathered multiple children (5 or more) with multiple women (3 or more). It is a little sad, all these half siblings not knowing each other, etc. Family dynamics have certainly changed America and the world, so without judging it is interesting to see how this is changing society for better or worse. Maybe a football forum isn't the place to discuss it, but it is an interesting topic none the less. 

AP is not the only one. There was some report out a year or so ago, huge list of athletes, most NFL who have fathered multiple children (5 or more) with multiple women (3 or more). It is a little sad, all these half siblings not knowing each other, etc. Family dynamics have certainly changed America and the world, so without judging it is interesting to see how this is changing society for better or worse. Maybe a football forum isn't the place to discuss it, but it is an interesting topic none the less. 

I think pro sports are a microcosm of society. I think what makes AP's story sad is that he fathered a child that he did not know about until recently and that child was killed by an abusive male caretaker. Perhaps, I am old fashioned but for a child to not know its father and to have been conceived purely out of sexual pleasure is very sad and in this case extremely costly. I would hope this experience would make AP think twice about having sex with no pregnancy precaution.

Honestly, this is disturbing.  The fact that he never even met his one kid who died till he was in a coma....it's just sick.  As a father, it's your responsibility to protect your kids, regardless of whether you're married to the mother.  If Peterson's any real man at all, he'll change his ways and actually have a relationship with the kids he fathered and look out for them so nothing like what happens to his one kid happens to another (and even if this never had happened, he still should always be watching out for his kids and protecting them).

FWIW, I'd heard that the mother had left town and that Peterson never even knew the child existed until the mother reached out to him shortly before or around the incident.

I understand your position and generally agree, but it's hard to hold it against a guy when he never knew the mother was even pregnant in the first place.

Good point MCF. AP is far from the only NFL athlete to have multiple children out of wedlock with more than 1 woman. As long as AP takes care of all his children financially & maintains a presence in their lives as a father, that's all I  care. Just my 2 cents.

"Any animal can give birth. It takes a real man to be a father." --Malcolm X

Comon' AP, at least Tiger had enough common sense to wrap his willy. On another note, assuming this is true, I wonder if AP will claim that they're not his children. If he does deny it, please Maury fit him into your show...I might actually watch it for once..

epic-fail-gifs-found-her-baby-father.gif

Just imagine if that was AP haha

Yeah....It would really suck to have a dad who is a Hall of Fame NFL player who probably pays thousands in child support each month....poor kids...It's none of my business, but this 1 goes on the MOM for putting the kid in the situation and purposely getting pregnant by AP for financial gain...Always the guy's fault, their are lots of bad mom's out there who get by with this stuff and most dads have no rights in the situation...The whole system is messed up altogether...

I think pro sports are a microcosm of society. I think what makes AP's story sad is that he fathered a child that he did not know about until recently and that child was killed by an abusive male caretaker. Perhaps, I am old fashioned but for a child to not know its father and to have been conceived purely out of sexual pleasure is very sad and in this case extremely costly. I would hope this experience would make AP think twice about having sex with no pregnancy precaution.

Well, for one you can't put all this on Mr. Peterson. If the woman knew he was the father why didn't she tell him so? If he knew he might have had a chance to be in his life... and regardless of the situation it doesn't make the child's death any less disgusting. I would refrain from passing judgement on a issue you know little about because you can take all the precautions possible, but things happen.

I'm proud to have both created and given birth to this post, but had no pleasure in doing so.

Well, for one you can't put all this on Mr. Peterson. If the woman knew he was the father why didn't she tell him so? If he knew he might have had a chance to be in his life... and regardless of the situation it doesn't make the child's death any less disgusting. I would refrain from passing judgement on a issue you know little about because you can take all the precautions possible, but things happen.

I'm proud to have both created and given birth to this post, but had no pleasure in doing so.

7 kids, if true, shows a lack of restraint and responsibility. That was my main point. That's not judgement, that's observation.

7 kids, if true, shows a lack of restraint and responsibility. That was my main point. That's not judgement, that's observation.

A stone has been cast in Mr. Petersons direction... and it certainly isn't the first. I hope you have never made any mistakes yourself in your life. That would make things kind of odd.

A stone has been cast in Mr. Petersons direction... and it certainly isn't the first. I hope you have never made any mistakes yourself in your life. That would make things kind of odd.

So we are not allowed to call a poor behavior, poor behavior? Should we also look the other way about Aaron Hernandez too?