Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ilbs

CantBeStopped

Outside of j freeman our ilbs are mediocre to very poor. Most on herr said we were fine at ilb and didnt need to upgrade that it would just be a luxury. Once freeman went out our defense just got worse. We need a play maker next to freeman. Angerer is too small for this scheme. Conner is average but for some reason cant get in the game. Harvey may be a decent run stopper but couldnt cover anyone. Im not happy with our ilbs at all

i think our linebackers as well as the team even the oc is just fine it was one bad game we do this every time we lose a game we point out who needs to go and who sucks....we are just fine maybe a little too "timid" on some play calling but if the wr's and coby caught those balls it would have been a different game...we are fine...its obvious we was looking past the chargers..not taking nothing away from them though

I have a similar opinion of Angerer. Think Conner is a better back up, stick him in on definite running downs.

There is Sheppard, just don't know what to make of him.

I would start Harvey in all honesty, always think he is great as a run stopper which when teams get 100 rushing nearly every week. I think he would be needed. However I think the best option would be start Freeman and rotate the no 2 based on what type of team we will be playing.

I don't think drafting an ILB will be a good idea, not unless it is certain he will be a top player.

ILB is a need but i'm so unsure about this position.

Also an extra thought, start Howell with Bethea at safety and move Landry to ILB? Not saying we should do that but it would be interesting to see how that would play out.

I think landry would be too small yo play lb. I knows hes built like a brick wall but his body would take even morr of a beating. And im not one of the ones that come on here after every lose and slam thr whole team. Im normally positive and get disgusted by some of the threads. But i just have not been a fan of the ilbs outside of freeman since last year

I think landry would be too small yo play lb. I knows hes built like a brick wall but his body would take even morr of a beating. And im not one of the ones that come on here after every lose and slam thr whole team. Im normally positive and get disgusted by some of the threads. But i just have not been a fan of the ilbs outside of freeman since last year

Don't think we've had good lb's for a few more years than last year. But tbh we had bigger problems on D we had to deal with i'd presume. I suppose ILB/DL should be next up.

i must be watching different games than a lot of posters. the colts have been weak at lb for a long time. people keep saying conner is the run stopper, but the downs he has played have been on obvious passing plays. coaches must think he is better in coverage than against the run. i have always thought he should be starting. not having a decent pick this year, the colts will probably be in the same situation next year unless they get a good lb in free agency.

Does anyone know of any good mlbs available in fa next year? I really wanted burfect last yr but the begals got him and therr were too many off field red flags. But he has looked good for cincy

Don't think there is many good young ilbs. If any age will do and they don't re sign him i would be tempted on Vilma or D. Smith

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=LB&y=2014

Angerer is the weakest link right now at LB; his 2011 season was a fluke, and a top tackler for the worst team in the league (because the tackles have to fall to somebody).

No pass cov, no run cov, gets dragged constantly in tackles, no pass-rushing ability either. Shepherd at least has size at 6'2'' and 256 lbs.

I think sd got rid of spikes for a reason. He was gettin too old and lost a step. Is mcnary eligible with his military status? I really have no idea how that goes

McNary is eligible. Coaches must think the 2 years he missed and position change leaves him too inexperienced to play yet.