Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Chargers Monday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

Greetings, and I hope all of you are enjoying your Columbus Day holiday, Colts fans! :) Our 4-1 Colts are in San Diego to play the 2-3 Chargers on prime time for ESPN's Monday Night Football. and will try win their fifth game of the 2013 regular season tonight, on Andrew Luck's Monday Night Football debut.

Indianapolis won't be able to see former Colts linebacker Dwight Freeney, as he is out for the season, and placed on the injured reserve list, after suffering a torn quadracep during the Chargers home game with the Dallas Cowboys last week.

Tonight is the 28th all-time regular season meeting between the teams, and a rivalry that started when the then-Baltimore Colts defeated the Chargers 16-14 in the first game since the AFL-NFL merger of both leagues back on September 20, 1970. San Diego though leads the all-time regular season series 17 games and 10 losses over the Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts.

Chargers defeated the Colts by the score of 23-17. in Indianapolis's last visit to San Diego in the AFC Wild Card Divisional Playoff Game back on January 3, 2009. Colts scoring in that game included a 1-yard run by Joseph Addai, a 43-yard FG by Adam Vinateiri, and a Reggie Wayne 72-yard pass from Peyton Manning. Peyton threw for 310 yards and 1 touchdown. Chargers won with a 1-yard TD run by LaDainian Tomlinson, a Nate Kaeding 26-yard FG, and two TD runs by Darren Sproles from 9 and 22 yards, the second score sealing the win for San Diego.

Chargers also eliminated the Colts from the playoffs for the second time in their last visit to San Diego. San Diego also eliminated Indianapolis 28-24 during the AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Qualcomm Stadium back on January 13, 2008.

Colts though, defeated the Chargers 23-20 their last regular season road game in San Diego back on November 23, 2008. Peyton Manning threw two touchdowns, a 13-yard pass to Anthony Gonzalez in the second quarter, and a 1-yard pass to Dominic Rhodes in the third quarter. Colts kicker Adam Vinateiri also kicked three field goal, from 23 and 38 yards, and his 51-yarder went through as time expired in the game, to seal the 23-20 win for the Colts.

Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden are announcing the live TV commentary, along with sideline reporter Lisa Salters, for ESPN's Monday Night Football coverage, seen live around the USA and, at US military installations around the world, live on HD.

WTHR NBC channel 13 in Indianapolis will also televise ESPN's Monday Night Football live over-the-air feed, also live on HD, seen throughout the Indianapolis area. beginning at 8:30PM, Eastern Standard Time.

Bob Lamey, our 'Voice Of The Colts,' and former Colts QB and Wisconsin Badger Jim Sorgi are also announcing the live radio game play-by-play and analysis, simulcast on Colts flagship stations WFNI ESPN SportsRadio 1070AM, and WLHK Country 97.1FM, and the Colts/Vectren Radio Network. Kevin Harlan and Dan Fouts will also announce the Colts @ Chargers game live on national radio, along with sideline reporter Tim Ryan, on the Westwood One Radio Network.

Sunny and clear skies at 72 degrees is the local gametime forecast at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego for the 8:40PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 45% humidity, 0% precipitation, and mild northwest winds at 7 miles per hour.

Visiting Colts players are wearing their matching white jerseys and pants on the playing field tonight, while the host Chargers are wearing their powder blue jerseys, and white pants.

Both the Colts and Chargers players, and their coaching and support staffs, alogng with the rest and all of the NFL teams, will continue to wear pink NFL Equipment Apparel both on the playing field, and in the sidelines, to continue the NFL's 'A Crucial Catch' campaign to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month throughout the month of October.

NO injuries to both the Colts and Chargers, but let's hope Andrew Luck and the Colts win their first regular season game in San Diego since 2008! Stay 'Colts Strong,' and GO COLTS!!!!! ;) :D:excited::rock: :pass: :coltshelmet::blueshoe::coltslogo: :ribbon: :colts::1colts::coltslogo: :ribbon:

Complete Colts @ Chargers Monday Night Football Pregame Info, and NFL Live Gamecenter:

http://prod.static.colts.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/gamereleases/2013/gamerelease-reg06.pdf

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013101400/2013/REG6/colts@chargers#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

http://www.wthr.com/story/23689485/2013/10/14/colts-chargers-ready-for-monday-night-showdown

http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/mnf

Colts @ Chargers Week 6 Pre Game Injury Reports:

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.chargers.com/team/injury-report.html

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont get me wrong I love Luck but I am SICK of hearing all about Luck om this MNF pregame......what about the other players, what about the scheme changes

How could you be sick of watching Luck? Every time I watch the kid I become even more of a fan lol.

Hearing about. Watching same thing lol.

I don't get sick of it at all. :(

I'd like to hear about the whole team as well not just Luck, we are building a good team with some budding stars , Lucks is just 1 of those, Its like they are just promoting Luck and his accomplishments at times and not the team

Gavin I understand EXACTLY what you mean...  

I don't CARE who gets attention for Indy ON MNF...       The COLTS are getting attention..   ANY attention is good..

You act as if this is old hat,   Indy getting LOVE on MNF.   

Enjoy it dude..      it's ESPN what do you really expect?  An in depth analysis of Indianapolis Colt footaball?

if you read that sentence correctly then no Im sure Im not....reread again

I'd like to hear about the whole team as well not just Luck, we are building a good team with some budding stars , Lucks is just 1 of those, Its like they are just promoting Luck and his accomplishments at times and not the team

They gave props to the likes of Mathis, TY, and Reggie. But Luck is the star lol.

Gavin I understand EXACTLY what you mean...  

I don't CARE who gets attention for Indy ON MNF...       The COLTS are getting attention..   ANY attention is good..

You act as if this is old hat,   Indy getting LOVE on MNF.   

Enjoy it dude..      it's ESPN what do you really expect?  An in depth analysis of Indianapolis Colt footaball?

With it beingan hour and a half long show a little more in depth would be nice, But it is what it is. I know the drill, Just dont always like it