Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eli Manning vs Matt Schaub

IcEWoLF

Man, both of these guys are having a rough year...Eli just hit the record for most INT in the first 6 weeks of the season. 15 by now I believe.

It's sad to see teams like the Texans & Giants being this bad this year...

Lets not forget about them Steelers, they are doing pretty terrible too..

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, both of these guys are having a rough year...Eli just hit the record for most INT in the first 6 weeks of the season. 15 by now I believe.

If only the Patriots would have a horrible year too.

Like Blood said, I think its great that the Texans are doing horrible.  Serves all the "experts" right for picking them to make "the next step" the only step they are taking is backwards :clap: (sorry Qwiz)

As far as the Giants are concerned, I think its time for Coughlin to go.  On a side note how do you think Mannings' parents are doing, one son is setting records in a positive way, while the other. . . .well not so much

The Steelers downfall is not surprising, but the Giants and Texans is very much. I haven't seen much of the Giants playing this season... so I can't say what Eli's issues are. Luckly they play in the NFCE so the division is still winable if they get it together, and make a run. Coughlin may very well be the fall guy here.

Both are having it rough, but Eli's team is still winless. Texans should start their comeback this week against a very beatable team, and hopefully Schaub gets his confidence back. That's all it is with both of them I believe, confidence, but Eli isn't going to have much with zero wins on the table.

I'd take our past team against the texans anytime Peyton would still own you

We beat Peyton last year when he was playing with a better team. If the Cowboys defense can give him trouble then I like our chances against him when we see the Broncos again this year. Provided our offense is out of it's slump, that is.

We beat Peyton last year when he was playing with a better team. If the Cowboys defense can give him trouble then I like our chances against him when we see the Broncos again this year. Provided our offense is out of it's slump, that is.

Indeed. You and the Pats have the two best teams to knock him off. Ball control offenses and very stout defenses. That said they are a little better this year than last and I'm just not sure you have enough offense even if Schaub does get his mojo back.

Both are having it rough, but Eli's team is still winless. Texans should start their comeback this week against a very beatable team, and hopefully Schaub gets his confidence back. That's all it is with both of them I believe, confidence, but Eli isn't going to have much with zero wins on the table.

Confidence is key. I think Schaub will get some back in the next few weeks. Just give him some passes between the numbers and keep pounding the rock...he will get back (losing daniels hurts though). Eli just needs confidence in the rest of his team. His defense isnt stopping anyone, his running game has been non-existant and his OL has been pourous. His team played better last night....and Jacobs looked good...he just didn't finish the game off (Eli). He is pressing and making mistakes. Schaub just lost all confidence in his reads and throws outside the numbers.

Eli is the anti-Romo.  Horrible til it matters then unreasonably good when it does.  Unfortunately for him and Giants fans, it looks like every game this year doesn't matter.

That was what was so stunning this year. He has a qbr of 3 in the 4th quarter this year. Like 3tds and 8 ints in the 4th quarter....very un Eli-like. Last night I really expected him to cap that drive with a td and beat the bears but he made a bad throw.

Indeed. You and the Pats have the two best teams to knock him off. Ball control offenses and very stout defenses. That said they are a little better this year than last and I'm just not sure you have enough offense even if Schaub does get his mojo back.

Confidence is key. I think Schaub will get some back in the next few weeks. Just give him some passes between the numbers and keep pounding the rock...he will get back (losing daniels hurts though). Eli just needs confidence in the rest of his team. His defense isnt stopping anyone, his running game has been non-existant and his OL has been pourous. His team played better last night....and Jacobs looked good...he just didn't finish the game off (Eli). He is pressing and making mistakes. Schaub just lost all confidence in his reads and throws outside the numbers.

That was what was so stunning this year. He has a qbr of 3 in the 4th quarter this year. Like 3tds and 8 ints in the 4th quarter....very un Eli-like. Last night I really expected him to cap that drive with a td and beat the bears but he made a bad throw.

Yep, a lot of steps to be made for those two. I agree that two of the Broncos toughest games will come against those two teams. We'll have to see if they are up to the task though.

Yep, a lot of steps to be made for those two. I agree that two of the Broncos toughest games will come against those two teams. We'll have to see if they are up to the task though.

After watching that defense last week...I just can't say they go undefeated. I think either KC,NE, INDY, HOU gets them once....just my feeling. Peyton is great...but he will make a mistake or two during the season and the Broncos seem to always have a little fumblitis...and that defense....just can't trust them to not blow one. Great team...I still think they win the AFC but can't say I trust them to not lose 1.

It's sad really. Eli is getting all the blame even though that Giants team has been overrated as hell for the last few years.

You don't need me to tell you their defense has been garbage ever since they won the first Super Bowl. Tom Coughlin is the most overrated coach ever. He can scream and throw players under the bus after a loss and he always gets a break for it. The guy always looks like he's going to blow up on the sidelines and it never has shocked me that players don't like him. Kevin Gilbride should have never had a job again in the NFL after that disaster back in the 90's called the 1993 Houston Oilers offense. Steve Spagnolo got all the credit for that 2007 defense and then he showed just how great he really was with the Rams and Saints handling some of the worst defenses ever.

It's more sad that Gilbride has not one but two rings to me than it is how people talk down about how awful Eli is for having two on his hand.

I'm starting to feel bad for Eli though. No matter what he did or does that's great, he's always in the shadow of Peyton. It's always "he's not as good as him" even with two rings the guy still don't get much credit at all. No one can ever say "he's a good quarterback" he always has to be compared to Peyton. I don't think most people even wanted him to win another Super Bowl.

Now he's having a misreable year and he's the subject to blame for all of it.The NY media will scapegoat him to save Coughlin's job, the same way their fans have ALWAYS complained non stop about him even after he won them the first Super Bowl.

As for Schaub I don't get it really. I don't think it's all his fault either. Kubiak isn't the best play caller ever, and the fans aren't supporting Schaub. This guy is probably going to have a really bad mental break down some time in the season with the hell he is catching, and I'm starting to feel bad for him after he's had a brainless zombie fan berate him at home. No one deserves that stuff.

At the end of the day the quarterback gets more blame than anyone else on the team. Just look at how "Packers fans" treat Brett Favre all these years later. They blame him for EVERY single loss in their history since 1992. If he threw a pick or fumbled in the game, it's all his fault.

the cowboys defense gave him trouble?

the cowboys defense gave him trouble?

Alright, so maybe I should have said the Cowboys team gave the Broncos as a whole trouble. Granted, he did throw an INT for the first time this season and the Cowboys made it a game and kept it competitive instead of just letting him blow it open like other teams have done this season. My point though is that our defense is better then the Cowboys and I like our chances if the offense is back up to par like it should be.

Told you Shaub would be your downfall and you would be 3rd in division behind Colts and Titans...Should have drafted Geno Smith or Matt Barkley and you wouldn't be in this position..Best thing the Texans can do at this point is lose and draft Manziel next year...You guys have the line and weapons for him to be successful right off the bat and the Colts need a challenge...I might regret this happening though.

Told you Shaub would be your downfall and you would be 3rd in division behind Colts and Titans...Should have drafted Geno Smith or Matt Barkley and you wouldn't be in this position..Best thing the Texans can do at this point is lose and draft Manziel next year...You guys have the line and weapons for him to be successful right off the bat and the Colts need a challenge...I might regret this happening though.

He's had three bad games, lol. A little soon for I told you sos. Division position doesn't matter till the end of the season and we will see each other soon enough. We are the challenge right now, the crown is still on the bull horn at this point. Don't think this is only a two-team race in the division either.

It's sad really. Eli is getting all the blame even though that Giants team has been overrated as heck for the last few years.

You don't need me to tell you their defense has been garbage ever since they won the first Super Bowl. Tom Coughlin is the most overrated coach ever. He can scream and throw players under the bus after a loss and he always gets a break for it. The guy always looks like he's going to blow up on the sidelines and it never has shocked me that players don't like him. Kevin Gilbride should have never had a job again in the NFL after that disaster back in the 90's called the 1993 Houston Oilers offense. Steve Spagnolo got all the credit for that 2007 defense and then he showed just how great he really was with the Rams and Saints handling some of the worst defenses ever.

It's more sad that Gilbride has not one but two rings to me than it is how people talk down about how awful Eli is for having two on his hand.

I'm starting to feel bad for Eli though. No matter what he did or does that's great, he's always in the shadow of Peyton. It's always "he's not as good as him" even with two rings the guy still don't get much credit at all. No one can ever say "he's a good quarterback" he always has to be compared to Peyton. I don't think most people even wanted him to win another Super Bowl.

Now he's having a misreable year and he's the subject to blame for all of it.The NY media will scapegoat him to save Coughlin's job, the same way their fans have ALWAYS complained non stop about him even after he won them the first Super Bowl.

As for Schaub I don't get it really. I don't think it's all his fault either. Kubiak isn't the best play caller ever, and the fans aren't supporting Schaub. This guy is probably going to have a really bad mental break down some time in the season with the heck he is catching, and I'm starting to feel bad for him after he's had a brainless zombie fan berate him at home. No one deserves that stuff.

At the end of the day the quarterback gets more blame than anyone else on the team. Just look at how "Packers fans" treat Brett Favre all these years later. They blame him for EVERY single loss in their history since 1992. If he threw a pick or fumbled in the game, it's all his fault.

Eli would not have been drafted with the first pick or in the first round if his last name was not Manning. He would have been a back up after his first four seasons in the league which are comparable to Mark Sanchez if his name was not Manning. He would be treated like Schaub and Ryan for his horrendous play this season if his last name was not Manning. In short, forget Peyton, Eli is not even a good QB. His stats bear that out.

all are shocking suprises

Guest TeamLoloJones

Well to be fair, the Colts don't do so well when there's actual competition in the AFC South.

Probably the dumbest comment ever on this forum.  So the Texans win the South when the Colts have no quatertback and then a rookie quarterback.  When have the Texans ever won anything when there was legit competition?  Seems to me every time you guys have a chance to prove yourselves as AFC contenders, you get blown out of the stadium. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

The record is 16 by both Dan Fouts and Joe Namath

Probably the dumbest comment ever on this forum.  So the Texans win the South when the Colts have no quatertback and then a rookie quarterback.  When have the Texans ever won anything when there was legit competition?  Seems to me every time you guys have a chance to prove yourselves as AFC contenders, you get blown out of the stadium. 

But they beat the Bengals in the playoffs twice!! They are the truth!..lol

Won the division by 1 game remind you.  It wasn't like there was a super huge difference in our records. . . 1 game was the difference.  

I'm thinking the difference between the Colts and the Texans record at the end of this season will be much larger then 1 game and it will be in favor of the Colts.  

Won the division by 1 game remind you.  It wasn't like there was a super huge difference in our records. . . 1 game was the difference.  

I'm thinking the difference between the Colts and the Texans record at the end of this season will be much larger then 1 game and it will be in favor of the Colts.  

Hope they don't draft Manziel, but they are too dumb to do that...They passed on Geno and Barkley past draft so they have no one to turn to in Shaub's usual suckiness...

Hope they don't draft Manziel, but they are too dumb to do that...They passed on Geno and Barkley past draft so they have no one to turn to in Shaub's usual suckiness...

Manziel I think is going to have a Ryan Leaf type meltdown in the NFL.  Guy likes to party too much to be a day 1 starter.  You can get away with crap like that if you are a TE like Gronk is.  But you can't do that as a franchise QB.  

They might be able to do it if they where committed to having him sit behind Schaub or someone and grow up a little bit.  But I think a QB hungry team will grab the kid right away in the first round.  It could be before the Texans even get a shot at him in the first round anyways.

Besides they wouldn't spend a first rounder on a project QB.  

Gonna be a blood bath...Our only weakness is mobile QB's and last time I checked Schaub ain't that..Pick city..

You seem to be forgetting about that Watt guy and your QB's own self-professed worst player he doesn't want to play against. Bloodbath...in our house...yeah, that's definitely happened for the Colts the past few seasons.

Eli would not have been drafted with the first pick or in the first round if his last name was not Manning. He would have been a back up after his first four seasons in the league which are comparable to Mark Sanchez if his name was not Manning. He would be treated like Schaub and Ryan for his horrendous play this season if his last name was not Manning. In short, forget Peyton, Eli is not even a good QB. His stats bear that out.

I guess two Super Bowl rings against solid teams both years means "overrated".

Fact is, people talk non stop crap about Eli even when he wins no one wants to give him credit.

When the Giants lose it's all his fault. No one wants to point the finger at the defense or coach.

He's still got two rings, and at the end of the day I don't care how people try to analyze it. he's playing poorly but that entire Giants team as a whole is playing poorly. You can't pin ALL the blame on him while he's having a bad year.

You seem to be forgetting about that Watt guy and your QB's own self-professed worst player he doesn't want to play against. Bloodbath...in our house...yeah, that's definitely happened for the Colts the past few seasons.

I love Watt and feel sorry for him...His talent is being wasted..Hope we sign him when he is a free agent so he can feel what winning is like..

I'm starting to feel bad for Eli though. No matter what he did or does that's great, he's always in the shadow of Peyton. It's always "he's not as good as him" even with two rings the guy still don't get much credit at all.

He could start by not stinking up the joint every single week. Two rings or not, they're not helping him win any games.

The Giants used to be a solid unit. If Eli had a bad game the D could still win it. If the D had a bad game maybe Eli, Cruz and co. could pull their slack. They were very well rounded. Now they're not very good as a whole.

The 0-6 result is evidence that Eli, while certainly an above average QB at worst, is not a great QB. He can not carry a team like Brees, Brady, Rodgers, let alone his older brother who made not one, but two different franchises relevant.

Hardware doesn't make one a better QB, and it doesn't help one win games. Teams win hardware.

I love Watt and feel sorry for him...His talent is being wasted..Hope we sign him when he is a free agent so he can feel what winning is like..

He has two playoff wins already lol. Come down to Houston and you'll learn soon enough how much he likes the place. Nice and warm down here. :thmup:

Getting blown out by the Ravens in the playoffs though don't count as a loss either, I presume? Pfft.

I really do feel sympathy for Texans fans..Gonna be another 10-15 years till you have a chance to win the division..You guys need a real coach and QB so we can have some competition at least..

I really do feel sympathy for Texans fans..Gonna be another 10-15 years till you have a chance to win the division..You guys need a real coach and QB so we can have some competition at least..

Whatever you say Jr. Talk is cheap, especially during week 5.