Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaguars: "Stay classy Denver"

bap1331

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000258289/article/jacksonville-jaguars-to-broncos-stay-classy-denver

Denver is starting to become the new bullies of the NFL. Time for the Colts to take them out! :)

Wow.....Jax folks are a little sensitive....

....is Denver's publicity office supposed to point out how Jacksonville has been close in every game.......because they haven't been

....the stats package is what it is...

The tweet was bad sportsmanship

It just was

Broncos should scrutinize who they've got posting to their account

I'm not sure how pro and anti manning posters have found a way to fight about this

sports·man·ship

noun \-ˌship\

: fair play, respect for opponents, and polite behavior by someone who is competing in a sport or other competition

Jaguars response pointed that out.  I liked it

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000258289/article/jacksonville-jaguars-to-broncos-stay-classy-denver

Denver is starting to become the new bullies of the NFL. Time for the Colts to take them out! :)

:lol: Yeah you pegged me. :sigh:

The OP has had a string of hateful anti-Peyton posts and threads recently. He was miss-stating facts :poke: for the purpose of getting a reaction from people like me, and he got one.

I'm quite sure that he was delighted by my response - it shows that he got under my skin. The question is, what's the purpose of your response? If you think that was an aggressive post, you need to get around more. You also need to mind your own business and refrain from taking personal shots. It's against the forum's rules.

Certainly not the classiest thing Denver could have done.  And, for the record, this has almost 0 to do with Peyton.  He puts up points, but I can almost guarantee you he would have been against tweeting something like that.  But nothing beats the tweets the LA Kings sent out after beating the Vancouver Canucks out of the playoffs.

Broncos apologize to Jaguars for tweet taken as insult

Team media relations director Patrick Smyth called the Jacksonville Jaguars on Monday to apologize for a tweet that was sent out by a staff member of the Broncos' website.

The kid who tweeted out the 51-51 stat meant no malice. He just found the numerical coincidence irresistible. Only he should have resisted.

Already, the Jags' chances were buoyed when it was learned quarterback Blaine Gabbert, who has been awful, will be replaced Sunday by veteran Chad Henne, who is consistent if unspectacular.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24261338/broncos-briefs-broncos-apologize-jaguars-tweet-taken-insult

The tweet was bad sportsmanship

It just was

Broncos should scrutinize who they've got posting to their account

I'm not sure how pro and anti manning posters have found a way to fight about this

Jaguars response pointed that out.  I liked it

se my  comment just before this  #  45, some kid on web wite staff fascinated by the # coincidence did it, Broncos called to apologize

The Denver D isn't good enough to me for me to consider them true bullies. The physicality isn't there.....

Sometimes I feel they have to score and can't relax on offense. The D can be soft.

In 2007 the Pats were tabbed as the bullies but they had spygate going on and if I remember correctly the Pats had a top 5 defense for most of the season.....

Last line of article that apologizes for this tweet (  see my comment # 45 for apology or go to link below )  says

Denver's defense ranks 29th in total yards allowed (416.6) and 24th in points allowed (27.8). 

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24261338/broncos-briefs-broncos-apologize-jaguars-tweet-taken-insult

The Colts will be the first to beat Denver. Bank it.

At this point I firmly believe we can come up with a good enough plan to make a game out of it.  Beating Peyton Manning is an extremely tall order.  But if Luck can be smart with the ball and not turn it over and keep Manning off the field and our defense as well rested as possible, we've got a shot. 

It was a dumb move, but I think it's getting blown out of proportion.  I mean, it would have been different if it wasn't at all true or it came from within the Jaguars own leadership.  Jaguars are abysmal this year and why it makes any difference if it comes from someone within the Broncos organization or from the media is beyond me.  None of them have any allegiance to the Jags in being except to the extent that they don't deface the NFL image in doing so.  When a war of words through the media between two team players/coaches/owners is childish (i.e. Jim Harbaugh's comments on Clay Matthews), we just say he's "supporting his team" but when some lower level employee who posts accurate information, it's classless.  I don't see the difference.  If one's classless, then the other's classless.  But if you're okay with one, then you gotta be okay with the other.

At this point I firmly believe we can come up with a good enough plan to make a game out of it.  Beating Peyton Manning is an extremely tall order.  But if Luck can be smart with the ball and not turn it over and keep Manning off the field and our defense as well rested as possible, we've got a shot. 

I think our offense is gonna do fine. Defensively, not sure what to expect. So far, our biggest issues have come from "mobile" QB's. Though, our only loss was at the hands of a pocket passer. 

We have yet to face a QB with 3 years+ experience. 

I think our offense is gonna do fine. Defensively, not sure what to expect. So far, our biggest issues have come from "mobile" QB's. Though, our only loss was at the hands of a pocket passer. 

i said before we can beat Peyton's Broncos

its in our home

Now Denver says and no report on status yet  but, Vs Cowboys CB Webster & Harris ( conciussion ) , ayer's ( seen after game with shoulder wrapped and in arm  sling ) , woodward , & hillman all injured Vs Boys

Now with playing Jaxsonville many may take extra time to heal, also Peyton may get pulled early & if early enough, maybe like in INdy with playoffs all these players come back bit rusty after a rest including peyton possibly if pulled early and if not shouldnt be real test  to keep sharp like last week]

have feeling bailey will be in Vs Jaxsonvile to test him, Denver said could played but didnt want him to play on turf as thats how got hurt , Indy is turf too , right, though may be of different typpe , i have no idea when comes to this ????

Finally Von Miller will be back and he has to be Rusty, Cards may align just right for colts and destiny

COLTS took the fight to seahawks and won

Dont want to make excuses but My Colts have great chance to win in Indy ,

esp if these players dont return , but even if they all come back Colts are physical enough &

Colts are balanced ball control and can if want spread out and throw like Romo did and Colts better D to me & much better DB's

Luck can exploit the middle or throw deep - all depends on game plan

Finally have u seen HC fox on sidelines, hes like a giddy kid, does he actualy coach with intensity of Colts staff

No idea what that means.

Where's a good grammar policeman when you need one?

It's the sound my ironical statement made as it went over your head.

By calling you a bully when there was little evidence to support such a claim I managed to subvert the tone of the original post and, thus, make light of the original poster. 

I don't really think you're a bully. Although, I'm starting to think I am...

It's the sound my ironical statement made as it went over your head.

By calling you a bully when there was little evidence to support such a claim I managed to subvert the tone of the original post and, thus, make light of the original poster. 

I don't really think you're a bully. Although, I'm starting to think I am...

Then I'm very sorry for the fit of paranoia, it didn't feel like I was in on the joke. Perhaps I needed an emoticon to catch the subtlety.

I was particularly confused because we were having such a nice conversation just the other day. I was beginning to wonder if your flat-mate was posting while you were in the shower or something. ;)

Then I'm very sorry for the fit of paranoia, it didn't feel like I was in on the joke. Perhaps I needed an emoticon to catch the subtlety.

I was particularly confused because we were having such a nice conversation just the other day. I was beginning to wonder if your flat-mate was posting while you were in the shower or something. ;)

Then I'm sorry for the confusion.

I'm usually so quick with the emoticons as well!

We are playing the Broncos, not one man. We at least should be able to plan for him. We know all his bad habits. He doesn't lose many, but we can do this if we execute well.

I'm thinking a sniper.....

Huh, never used an emoticon on here. PeytonGirl even made a special kilted one for me, but I rejected it. They weren't around when I went to school.

But onto the more important point of this thread......who was here first, Bap or Broncolt? Bring in Poirot, I say......

I was, under a different user name clear back before the 3 moves to this forum. so there! :sarcasm:

We are playing the Broncos, not one man. We at least should be able to plan for him. We know all his bad habits. He doesn't lose many, but we can do this if we execute well.

I'm thinking a sniper.....

Thing is, I'm not particularly worried about Denver's defense. After subtracting that, Manning and his game becomes my only concern. Though, Denver's talent certainly doesn't stop at Manning. 

They were just giving the facts, broncos scored 51 points in a game, Jags scored 51 all season

@DenverBroncos: No shots, just stats. RT @jaguars: Stay classy, Denver. MT @DenverBroncos: #Broncos' 51 pts Sun. are as many as JAX has scored all season.

Can't get mad at facts

What if Jags players don't like having 'facts' publicly rubbed in their face, and if they can't retaliate on the scoreboard, decide to do so in a different way?

Huh, never used an emoticon on here. PeytonGirl even made a special kilted one for me, but I rejected it. They weren't around when I went to school.

if you recall, you and I once "got into it" unnecessarily. Could have been avoided if I had a clue you were kidding.  

I remember when I first started using email heavily in the mid 90's. My best friend made a really cruel comment about someone I respected. If we had been in the same room it would have slid past with a chuckle -  instead I got angry. And this is someone I'd spent hundreds of hours talking to going back close to 20 years without ever fighting. If I couldn't infer his intent, how the heck are we supposed to infer yours - and why wouldn't you want us to?

Silly or not, emoticons are very helpful when used well. We wouldn't think less of you, honest.

What if Jags players don't like having 'facts' publicly rubbed in their face, and if they can't retaliate on the scoreboard, decide to do so in a different way?

Then they should do something on the field to change those facts. ;)

I don't know about you guys but Peyton is no longer with us. He will come in 2 weeks from now and try to annihilate us to prove to Irsay he made a mistake. I love Peyton but only in his Indy days... it's time to move on!

Didn't take long for you to prove Mac's point did it? ;)

lol

if you recall, you and I once "got into it" unnecessarily. Could have been avoided if I had a clue you were kidding.  

I remember when I first started using email heavily in the mid 90's. My best friend made a really cruel comment about someone I respected. If we had been in the same room it would have slid past with a chuckle -  instead I got angry. And this is someone I'd spent hundreds of hours talking to going back close to 20 years without ever fighting. If I couldn't infer his intent, how the heck are we supposed to infer yours - and why wouldn't you want us to?

Silly or not, emoticons are very helpful when used well. We wouldn't think less of you, honest.

Yeah, but that was years ago. Most regular posters here know each others styles. I'm not going to change now. And it's kind of fun trying to work out tone and intent etc.

Jags are gonna use anything they can for motivation.  Even if its a twitter feed posted by a staffer.  Jax is grasping at anything.

Wouldn't it be funny if it worked.  the 0-5 team beats the 5-0 team.

We've seen stranger things happen so I wouldn't discount it. But then again this is the Jaguars we're talking about here.

We've seen stranger things happen so I wouldn't discount it. But then again this is the Jaguars we're talking about here.

Off hand...I dont know of anything stranger in the history of the NFL than THIS Jacksonville team defeating THIS Denver team in Denver

Now, the NYGs (0-5) beating the Bears in Chicago Thursday...?

That's another story

Off hand...I dont know of anything stranger in the history of the NFL than THIS Jacksonville team defeating THIS Denver team in Denver

That's another story

Eh, Idk. It'd be different if they hadn't lost to the Saints last week at home but you're right, the Giants beating them would be strange as well.

That's another story

the 0-10 colts beating the defending world champs and would be NFC champs with a back up QB that they didn't know would play till right before kickoff was pretty remarkable.