Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I hope Richardson shuts every one of his critics up today (Seahawks Game)

BlueShoe

Richardson has had his best games against good defenses. With all of this talk about the Seahawk defense and the Legends of Boom (LOB), it will be perfect to watch Richardson have his best game and lay the Boom on the Seattle defense. Do we have a back on our roster that ups his level of play against better defenses? If he does it today then it is more than a coincidence. 

I am tired of hearing about his rushing average too. Richardson's replacement in Cleveland, Willis McGahee, is averaging 2.6 yards a carry. In 3 games he has 49 carries for 127 yards. 

Anyway, time to shut up the critics Trent.

Punish them!

Meh hopefully he gets better, he had a good run for 16 yards today. I was kinda hoping seeing Marshawn run with so much power would inspire Trent, It didn't

that isn't very fair

marshawn was dragging db's.  trich was trying to drag dlinemen

that isn't very fair

marshawn was dragging db's.  trich was trying to drag dlinemen

Lynch was dragging Linebackers at times, I would have to go back through each one of there runs, Watching Bronco game now though, But I will later

I never doubted his toughness, The kid is tough. I know that....I doubted his ball carrying vision

I like T Rich and I'm going to give it some more time, but I'd be lying if I said I felt like he is going to be 

the type of franchise back Edgerrin James was. Please T Rich prove me wrong my guy! I'm not saying he

is bad, but I'm not saying I feel like he is going to be be blowing the doors off.  Maybe that's what Jim Brown

felt like after watching several games. Brown ended by saying he didn't think Richardson could shoulder the 

whole franchise.  I'm sure he wouldn't have said that about Adrian Peterson.

I like T Rich and I'm going to give it some more time, but I'd be lying if I said I felt like he is going to be

the type of franchise back Edgerrin James was. Please T Rich prove me wrong my guy! I'm not saying he

is bad, but I'm not saying I feel like he is going to be be blowing the doors off. Maybe that's what Jim Brown

felt like after watching several games. Brown ended by saying he didn't think Richardson could shoulder the

whole franchise. I'm sure he wouldn't have said that about Adrian Peterson.

Name one RB who is carrying a franchise?

Those days are long gone in the NFL lol.

Fighting for that CRUCIAL first down when it mattered. Frankly, I don't see any room for him to run. Oline's run blocking is sketchy at best. Where I think Richardson's trade will pay off is next year, once we shore up the line and he's comfortable.

Adrian Peterson and everyone knows it.

Carrying them to what though, not a SB. Mediocre seasons? With an occasional playoff loss?

I'm not knocking AP he's amazing, but when's the last time someone has said "That RB led his team to the SB." Or having a franchise RB.

Name one RB who is carrying a franchise?

Those days are long gone in the NFL lol.

Can you say with a huge amount of confidence that T Rich will be on Edgerrin James level?

I'm going to say it again, I like Richardson and I do think he will get better but I'm not totally

confident as of yet that he will get to where James got.  If you're number 3 overall draft pick

that's what you are striving for.  The Colts want him to be the feature back in the RBBC.

Even after we play several more games I wouldn't be surprised if Bradshaw(if he comes back)

was the better of the two.

Much better performance today. Looked a lot more comfortable and made sone nice plays (Great block to save Andrew on TY's 73 yarder, and then the key first down run on 3rd and 5.)

Still very average at best, definitely nothing to write home about or shut anyone up. He at least made timely plays today

Carrying them to what though, not a SB. Mediocre seasons? With an occasional playoff loss?

I'm not knocking AP he's amazing, but when's the last time someone has said "That RB led his team to the SB." Or having a franchise RB.

House you are grasping at straws.  You know good and well it's due to the team he is on and the talent level of the Minnesota quarterback and everyone else that surrounds that squad.  You're trying to tell me you wouldn't want Peterson on this team? Come on and tell me no in a serious way...

Can you say with a huge amount of confidence that T Rich will be on Edgerrin James level?

I'm going to say it again, I like Richardson and I do think he will get better but I'm not totally

confident as of yet that he will get to where James got. If you're number 3 overall draft pick

that's what you are striving for. The Colts want him to be the feature back in the RBBC.

Even after we play several more games I wouldn't be surprised if Bradshaw(if he comes back)

was the better of the two.

I've never claimed TRich will be James before now, and I certainly won't start now.

But Rich can be the consistent, grinding, tough running back that we need to set up other parts of our game. It helps Brown, it helps Luck, and he's certainly wearing down Ds. I just wish we could have had Richardson and Bradshaw together longer.

However if Bradshaw was healthy, he should be the number 1 back. He's a veteran. Trent is not.

House you are grasping at straws. You know good and well it's due to the team he is on and the talent level of the Minnesota

quarterback and everyone else that surrounds that squad. You're trying to tell me you wouldn't want Peterson on this team?

Come on and tell me no in a serious way...

When did I say I wouldn't want him? I never even insinuated it where are you getting that from? I'm not sure your reading, or understanding, my posts clearly.

But your only proving my point. When does a great RB carry a bad team? In this day and age.

Great QBs regularly carry bad teams. RBs can only influence so much in the NFL as it currently is.

When did I say I wouldn't want him? I never even insinuated it where are you getting that from? I'm not sure your reading, or understanding, my posts clearly.

But your only proving my point. When does a great RB carry a bad team? In this day and age.

Great QBs regularly carry bad teams. RBs can only influence so much in the NFL as it currently is.

The Vikings quarterback is about on the same level or not too far from Weeden.  Do you think the Vikings would have done that deal? Jim Browns comments were meant to say that Richardson will not likely impact the game enough to turn down the offer they got.

Others have argued against it, but I can see his point.  I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't think Richardson will even match James level.  I think he'll be a good solid back like you're saying, but not much more than that. The issue is you can find other backs in lower rounds to give you a "good solid back".  The Colts did not trade a #1 pick for him to be "good and solid". I think they are looking for more than that.

The Vikings quarterback is about on the same level or not too far from Weeden. Do you think the Vikings would have done that deal? Jim Browns comments were meant to say that Richardson will not likely impact the game enough to turn down the offer they got.

Others have argued against it, but I can see his point. I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't think Richardson will even match James level. I think he'll be a good solid back like you're saying, but not much more than that. The issue is you can find other backs in lower rounds to give you a "good solid back". The Colts did not trade a #1 pick for him to be "good and solid". I think they are looking for more than that.

I'm not sure I understand these hypotheticals. Of course the Viks wouldn't make the trade. They have AP.

But we didn't have a lock at RB, and we were looking thin as it was. So the FO took a chance on TRich who is still young, and improving.

James talent level didn't enable us to win a SB with it. It didn't hinder it, but having an AP level running back isn't a necessity. Having a franchise QB is. If Trent works out its a Home run, and well worth the risk, a minimal one at that. Rhodes being less talented, but good/great in spurts alongside Addai was a great recipe for success. I'm sure this FO feels similar.

However, neither of us knows at this juncture what Trent's top level will be. We both only have a season and 5 games to go on. And 3 of those games this season have been with a new team, and a new system. I'm certainly not willing to write the kid off so quick.

I'm not sure I understand these hypotheticals. Of course the Viks wouldn't make the trade. They have AP.

But we didn't have a lock at RB, and we were looking thin as it was. So the FO took a chance on TRich who is still young, and improving.

James talent level didn't enable us to win a SB with it. It didn't hinder it, but having an AP level running back isn't a necessity. Having a franchise QB is. If Trent works out its a Home run, and well worth the risk, a minimal one at that. Rhodes being less talented, but good/great in spurts alongside Addai was a great recipe for success. I'm sure this FO feels similar.

However, neither of us knows at this juncture what Trent's top level will be. We both only have a season and 5 games to go on. And 3 of those games this season have been with a new team, and a new system. I'm certainly not willing to write the kid off so quick.

I'm not writing him off either, but as a fan I am stating my opinion.  And my opinion is he is a good back but my thinking right now is he may not be a whole lot better than good.  I'm not mad that we traded for him at all, nor do I think picking him up was a mistake but the production that you are looking for when you trade away a number one pick I'm not quite sure at this point we will get that.  I'm certainly willing to give him time to prove my doubts wrong.  I had similar feelings about Ballard and I'm glad he proved me wrong for the most part.  

I'm not writing him off either, but as a fan I am stating my opinion. And my opinion is he is a good back but my thinking right now is he may not be a whole lot better than good. I'm not mad that we traded for him at all, nor do I think picking him up was a mistake but the production that you are looking for when you trade away a number one pick I'm not quite sure at this point we will get that. I'm certainly willing to give him time to prove my doubts wrong. I had similar feelings about Ballard and I'm glad he proved me wrong for the most part.

I never disputed your opinion as wrong lol.

T-Rich is what he is. The biggest run he had today came with a gaping hole to run through. He doesn't have good vision and struggles to find a hole to run through. He can run ahead and get 3 yards. If you need 3 yards he will get you 3 yards. If you need 10 yards he will get you 3 yards.

As horrendous as the OL played today, TRich did his job.  He's brought in to get tough yards, hard earned first downs and most of all great blocking.. Did you really not see how many times he saved Andrew Luck today?

Keep in mind it's his third game.  Patience will be needed. 

As horrendous as the OL played today, TRich did his job.  He's brought in to get tough yards, hard earned first downs and most of all great blocking.. Did you really not see how many times he saved Andrew Luck today?

Patience and another interior O-lineman.

I'll keep waiting and he will keep averaging a low 3.xx YPC. He makes it look tough because he runs right into the line and then has to fight defenders to get his 3 yards. Runningbacks are known for coming in and making an imact right away. Doug Martin did it last year while missing his pro bowl guards. Richardson is 21 games into his pro career now. People need to stop giving him excuses.

I never doubted his toughness, The kid is tough. I know that....I doubted his ball carrying vision

T-Rich is what he is. The biggest run he had today came with a gaping hole to run through. He doesn't have good vision and struggles to find a hole to run through. He can run ahead and get 3 yards. If you need 3 yards he will get you 3 yards. If you need 10 yards he will get you 3 yards.

Exactly the conclusion I came to watching his games last year.  I remain very skeptical about the cost to acquire him but the fact is that he's a much better fit for your current roster than he was with the Browns.  The Browns needed a guy to carry their entire offense, you really just needed someone to spell Ahmad Bradshaw (who is fantastic but a bit fragile) and help open things up for a quality QB.  If Ballard comes back next season and starts looking like he did before the injury then you've got a strong trio with highly complimentary skillsets reminiscent of what the Giants had back when they were actually winning Super Bowls instead of failing hilariously every week.

Nope, not me, not yet!

Best thing about him is that he holds on to the ball!

IMO Brown outshined him again with very limited carries!   Last two games I really wanted them to keep feeding Brown - his play has earned him more carries NOT special teams play!