Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buccaneers release Josh Freeman.

Dustin

This whole thing in Tampa has been a debacle.  It just seemed odd that the front office was leaking things about him which they knew would hurt his trade value.  

Somebody will pick him up because he is still really young.

Honestly, I expect Schiano to be let go to because he seemed to be just as much the problem as Freeman. The guy just needs to go back to college.

I don't think the Jags would want him.  They want Bridgewater and Freeman might win some games.  

He'll catch on somewhere. 

Maybe he has to wait a little while because the teams that need QB's want to win Bridgewater and not win now.

Also he's too good to not at least get a backup job.  But he'll likely get another chance at starting.  

Surprises me that they couldn't trade him.  

For some reason, Minnesota keeps popping in my head.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in a quiet place, maybe out of the spotlight.

Its the one logical place he ends up. They have pieces but a serious need at QB (Ponder is not the answer). Since hes released now, they dont need to give up anything to get him either.

Cleveland was never going to do it, and Jax is trying to move players out for picks to rebuild, not the other way around. Nobody else is really that hard up for QBs.

maybe he'll go to oakland & never be heard from again 

Could be. Matt Flynn was demoted to No.3 on the depth chart. I expect him to be released soon and possibly Josh Freeman signed there to back up Terrell Pryor. It would be quite the turn of events if it happens that way. :)

This whole thing in Tampa has been a debacle.  It just seemed odd that the front office was leaking things about him which they knew would hurt his trade value.  

Somebody will pick him up because he is still really young.

Honestly, I expect Schiano to be let go to because he seemed to be just as much the problem as Freeman. The guy just needs to go back to college.

What no call to join Tom Coughlin's NY Giants staff? LOL!  

I think Schiano is a smart football coach who needs to work on his people skills. Bogie said it best. Freeman as a scapegoat should buy Schiano 1 more year in Tampa. I'd rather roll with Greg Schiano than Chip Kelly in Philly personally. Greg can coach in the NFL. Chip, on the other hand, let's just say SW1 isn't sold or converted yet to put it mildly. 

Pretty surprised by this.

You'd have to think someone will pick him up though. Jags maybe?

When not a soul wanted to trade for him the writing was on the wall. One way or another he wasn't going to be a part of the team it was only just a matter of time.

Also here's a nice laugh about Schiano

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/10/3/4799476/greg-schiano-buccaneers

What no call to join Tom Coughlin's NY Giants staff? LOL!

I think Schiano is a smart football coach who needs to work on his people skills. Bogie said it best. Freeman as a scapegoat should buy Schiano 1 more year in Tampa. I'd rather roll with Greg Schiano than Chip Kelly in Philly personally. Greg can coach in the NFL. Chip, on the other hand, let's just say SW1 isn't sold or converted yet to put it mildly.

Any Bucs fan, or general NFL fan for that matter, will tell you that Schiano is a liar and a fraud who treats grown men like theybare still in high school.

-allowing the release of private medical records

-reports of having a temper tantrum every time hes disagreed with

-having his staff record players on the sidelines and in the locker room to weed out dissenters

-forcing players to rush victory formations

-altering the resultsn of the captain polls to keep guys he didnt like out of leadership positions

-forcing one of the best cover corners in Revis in to a zone scheme hes clearly not comfortable with

The list goes on. Schiano is proving himself an embarrasment to the Tampa organization as a coach, and as a human being. If hes not fired by the end of the year, the owners will likely see both him and the GM shoved out the door, as Tampa fans are boycotting until hes gone on principal, rather than because of product on the field.

Schiano needs to be let go ASAP.  I think Freeman is actually a decent QB who has talent and can win you some games.  Why let him go?  What has Schiano done that would warrant him coming back for another year next year?  He's made a ton of enemies during his short stint in the NFL.  Send him back to college

Schiano needs to be let go ASAP.  I think Freeman is actually a decent QB who has talent and can win you some games.  Why let him go?  What has Schiano done that would warrant him coming back for another year next year?  He's made a ton of enemies during his short stint in the NFL.  Send him back to college

Too bad for Freeman.  I feel he had some ability, but no desire and no work ethic.  And now his mental outlook has been shaken.He will likely be a journeyman backup the rest of his career, unless someone comes along like Harbaugh did for A. Smith.  But even then it wasn't in the cards for A. Smith and Harbaugh.  Maybe like Reid and A. Smith. ;)