Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 49ers Win Was Special Because...

King Colt

Granted this was week three but I have not enjoyed a Colts win this much since they beat the Pats when it counted. To me, few if any gave our team a chance because of the never ending praise for their coach and QB. When Vinateri we missed the early field goal I was saying this is going to come back and bite us in the throat. In my opinion this win has to be special to do it in their house, at this stage, with 19 new players. To see Richardson get a TD on his first carry as a Colt was sweet. The entire game was exciting and the outcome was a show of what the organization is believing they can and will be for many seasons to come. You have to feel good for coach Pagano and his staff. I am listening to Houston Texans radio on this Monday morning as I write this and the mood in Houston is as negative as it gets and they do this same thing every year. I wish I could get Indy radio!!

It was very nice to see game time adjustments on the fly. I definitely want to see more passes to RB's out of the backfield! 

I agree about the FG's. I thought that would come back to bite us. Good thing our D played lights out. 

Texans mood should be negative......they scored 9 points on Baltimore and let them score 30! 

Pagano just got hammered on CBS sports radio for his comments about it being a signature win, yada yada, including saying that they will look back at this in 5 or 6 years and this could be the one that was the stepping stone and such.  They were stepping all over his comments while the tape was playing,,,saying eh, yikes, bla bla bla.  Wow, they are harsh, heard other radio shows doing the same thing. Pagano is probably going a bit far with all his comments including where he said that Luck had more glean in his eye after this one than normal bla bla.  It is a bit much but let's get on with the season.

Granted this was week three but I have not enjoyed a Colts win this much since they beat the Pats when it counted. To me, few if any gave our team a chance because of the never ending praise for their coach and QB. When Vinateri we missed the early field goal I was saying this is going to come back and bite us in the throat. In my opinion this win has to be special to do it in their house, at this stage, with 19 new players. To see Richardson get a TD on his first carry as a Colt was sweet. The entire game was exciting and the outcome was a show of what the organization is believing they can and will be for many seasons to come. You have to feel good for coach Pagano and his staff. I am listening to Houston Texans radio on this Monday morning as I write this and the mood in Houston is as negative as it gets and they do this same thing every year. I wish I could get Indy radio!!

Whenever I'm out of the area I stream 1070 the fan on my phone.

Pagano just got hammered on CBS sports radio for his comments about it being a signature win, yada yada, including saying that they will look back at this in 5 or 6 years and this could be the one that was the stepping stone and such.  They were stepping all over his comments while the tape was playing,,,saying eh, yikes, bla bla bla.  Wow, they are harsh, heard other radio shows doing the same thing. Pagano is probably going a bit far with all his comments including where he said that Luck had more glean in his eye after this one than normal bla bla.  It is a bit much but let's get on with the season.

I hate listening to sports announcers and radio about the Colts. Majority of the time we are viewed as a team that is not a threat. Even with Peyton Manning we were viewed as a nondangerous team. I love that Pagano praises his team and it puts hope and confidence in everyone. Beating a team that was in the super bowl last year is definitely a signature win. Hopefully they aren't trying to say this Colts win against the 9'ers wasn't a big deal or anything. We played SOLID football on both offense and defense and was consistent throughout the whole game. That was huge.

Pagano just got hammered on CBS sports radio for his comments about it being a signature win, yada yada, including saying that they will look back at this in 5 or 6 years and this could be the one that was the stepping stone and such. They were stepping all over his comments while the tape was playing,,,saying eh, yikes, bla bla bla. Wow, they are harsh, heard other radio shows doing the same thing. Pagano is probably going a bit far with all his comments including where he said that Luck had more glean in his eye after this one than normal bla bla. It is a bit much but let's get on with the season.

See thats your problem, you care & worry about what "they" think. "They" are irrelevant to "us". What "we" have in this franchise & fan base is "our" business not "theirs". "They" can say what "they" wanna say about "us". At the end of the day it matters what "we" do, not what "they" say

:cheer::coltslogo:

:rantoff:

See thats your problem, you care & worry about what "they" think. "They" are irrelevant to "us". What "we" have in this franchise & fan base is "our" business not "theirs". "They" can say what "they" wanna say about "us". At the end of the day it matters what "we" do, not what "they" say

i think even though san fran was hurt, it was still a good win.  also, we had a bunch of injuries and they don't mention that. 

i think even though san fran was hurt, it was still a good win.  also, we had a bunch of injuries and they don't mention that. 

San Fran was HURT.... How about the Colts... we were without 6 starters from just a few weeks ago....  That is the NFL, no one feels sorry for us when we lose players to injury, The best we have spanked the best San Fran had.... if they aren't deep enough on the bench.... too bad.  Now we need to follow up and not let the Jags even get close....  maybe run for 375 yds!

San Fran was HURT.... How about the Colts... we were without 6 starters from just a few weeks ago....  That is the NFL, no one feels sorry for us when we lose players to injury, The best we have spanked the best San Fran had.... if they aren't deep enough on the bench.... too bad.  Now we need to follow up and not let the Jags even get close....  maybe run for 375 yds!

it's funny because they knew of the injuries before the game started and still they said we would get spanked.

Predicting he future? Everybody's wrong most the time.

But there is chane Chuck P. is right...

Road wins build teams....not home upsets...

There were some circumstances with the 49ers yesterday obviously that ma ha contributed to their demise but I couldn't swear to you that Chuck is wrong.

That win on the road goes a long way (if we can split with Houston) to getting us back to the playoffs

we were down 6 guys and had a revamped, O-line

we played conservatively and mistake free and banked on our defense to handcuff Kap

SF had circumstances...but so did we

Guest TeamLoloJones

Sounds like a couple people on CBS sports radio are 49ers fans, or maybe Texans fan.  Or maybe they bet on the 49ers to cover the spread.  Whoops.

Pagano just got hammered on CBS sports radio for his comments about it being a signature win, yada yada, including saying that they will look back at this in 5 or 6 years and this could be the one that was the stepping stone and such. They were stepping all over his comments while the tape was playing,,,saying eh, yikes, bla bla bla. Wow, they are harsh, heard other radio shows doing the same thing. Pagano is probably going a bit far with all his comments including where he said that Luck had more glean in his eye after this one than normal bla bla. It is a bit much but let's get on with the season.

The Indianapolis Rodney Dangerfields

The best thing about this win was that it was a TEAM win. This wasn't just an outstanding performance by a couple of guys (a 200 yard rusher, a 350 yard passer, a 4 touchdown receiver, etc.), but lots of little individual battles that were won quietly and very effectively. It was a defensive back who looked like he was Gorilla-glued to a receiver; an O lineman that held his block just a half second longer; a receiver who made that cut just a hair sharper; a linebacker who pursued just a step quicker; a coach who called just the right play at just the right time. If the Colts continue to play this way I don't care who they're up against. They're going to be that team that nobody wants to face when it's all on the line.

Agreed. . . unlike college football. . . what people think about us does not change our chances of winning a championship or going to the playoffs.  

Just remember that in college football your entire post season destiny is determined by polls, which is determined by the general consensus of what people feel about your team.  

That is not true here.  It doesn't matter if everyone thinks we suck, as long as we win games they can think what they want while we laugh our way into the playoffs.  

You think it's bad in Indy with respect, try Baltimore. We get no respect, and all you here in the Baltimore/DC metro are is the RG3 lovefest.

Great wins by the Colts and Ravens , but it's one game in a long season. I know we were hammered by the Texans 43-13 last year, yet managed to win the Super Bowl. I think Houston is very dangerous , and things just didn't break their way in Baltimore. The Denver game was tough for us, but we were also badly beaten on the regular season and came back and beat them.

I give the Colts full credit on winning a brutal away game, and it should give them a lot of confidence moving forward. I think the AFC is better than people are giving it credit for.

You know what really caught my attention?  I know it may sound "silly" to some, but I think it has a lot to do with the success.  The team was having FUN.

First, I think the team knows what impact T. Rich is going to make on our future offensive plans and they were playing on an emotional high from the implications that brings. I think this really lifted the teams morale knowing that Grigson/Pagano were going to do whatever they could possibly do to make them a winning team.

Secondly, it has GOT to be a big pat on the back to have your GM give up the first round pick in the next draft to help the "NOW" team.  I think not only does this move show the team that you're willing to take a chance to improve NOW, but it also sends the message that we're not worried about NEEDING a first round pick. 

These guys got a boost knowing that the GM/Coach/Owner all feel like they have complete confidence in the personnel we have now and are no longer "rebuilding", but are filling minor holes here and there.

Moves like Grigson made say, "We're a contender NOW!" not "We'll be a contender in a few years after we get the right guys." 

I like what they're doing and I think the players like it too.  If these guys go out week in and week out and work well together, have fun and play hard, there's no limit to their success.

The Colts looked every bit a playoff team yesterday.  For me the SF game signalled a new era in Colts football.  It really felt like a changing of the guard when young boys became men (even though some may not be so young :-)

No more cover 2, no more bend but don't break, no more finesse football, no more defending the lead.  It's like the players turned a corner yesterday and executed the game plan on both sides of the ball.  We sent a message to the league by bashing the defending NFC champions in their own house.

I particularly love how T-Rich and Bradshaw make decisive cuts.  Addai was solid back in the day but I really like the North/South running style we currently have rather than dancing behind the line.  It's this sort of running that will allow Luck to light up opposing D's in the future.

I hope over the next few weeks we can maintain some consistency and do what we did to SF to a few more teams.  

I learned a long time ago to not listen to what the 'talking heads' have to say.  They have this little fraternity and usually what one says the next one will say.  Football isn't a popularity contest, it is a physical contest. 

I loved it when Rodney Harrison told Tony Dungy that now the Colts have a defense.  Something they didn't have when you were their coach.  LOL  Even Tony laughed.