Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Too all the peeps complaining about Grigson and the Richardson move

Nesjan3

Holmgren drafted a 30yr old project to play qb. I know he was in his 20s at the time, but he was pretty close to 30. You dont use 1s on someone like that. Joe Banner would never be that dumb. I.m sure Browns fans will smarten up when the draft rolls around

How dumb does a person have to be to throw in the towel (for an entire team) before week 3 of an NFL season, and do it in a way that everyone knows about it? 

The Browns have one of the better defenses in the NFL so they could have been competitive this year if they would have been aggressive instead of giving up.

They were not that far away from becoming a solid team. Now they are in total rebuild mode. 

I would give up our second for Josh Gordon if they are still having the auction. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dumb does a person have to be to throw in the towel (for an entire team) before week 3 of an NFL season, and do it in a way that everyone knows about it?

The Browns have one of the better defenses in the NFL so they could have been competitive this year if they would have been aggressive instead of giving up.

They were not that far away from becoming a solid team. Now they are in total rebuild mode.

I would give up our second for Josh Gordon if they are still having the auction.

They want a qb. Cant fault them for that.

Like I said Mr Banner. Call Ryan Grigson and offer Josh Gordon for a second. I am sure we can make that deal happen for you. Then you will have plenty of ammunition to get you a QB.

Thanks. :)

Isnt he in the drug program or something? He has some kind of issue off the field. That would not be a smart trade.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Like I said Mr Banner. Call Ryan Grigson and offer Josh Gordon for a second. I am sure we can make that deal happen for you. Then you will have plenty of ammunition to get you a QB.

Thanks. :)

We have a Josh Gordon on our roster already, his name is LaVon Brazill.

Here is Mike Holmgren's words.....

"I struggled with it," Holmgren told Seattle's KJR-AM on Thursday, via The Plain Dealer. "Philosophically, if I'm the coach and someone came in anywhere and did that, I'd say 'OK, fire me, or I'm going to quit. Or we're going to both go into the owner and talk about this and then we'll see who's still standing.' "

"How do you make your team better by trading your best player?" he added. "He's the best offensive player. He's a valuable, valuable guy."

Holmgren was fired at the end of last season by owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner. Sources told The Plain Dealer the "general feeling" was that Holmgren and former general manager Tom Heckert had "botched" the top picks in the 2012 draft, a group that included Richardson, quarterback Brandon Weeden and right tackle Mitchell Schwartz.

According to The Plain Dealer, Banner and general manager Mike Lombardi wouldn't have drafted Josh Gordon with a supplemental pick in 2012. That decision wiped away Cleveland's second-round choice in this year's draft.

Holmgren believes Richardson is a future star. He never would be on board with sending that promise elsewhere.

"I'd shake hands and walk. I would," he said. "Because if I disagreed with it vehemently, and I couldn't buy in, I mean, I'm not saying I'm right, I'm saying that's what I would do, because you have to be true to yourself in this business."

Here is Mike Holmgren's words.....

"I struggled with it," Holmgren told Seattle's KJR-AM on Thursday, via The Plain Dealer. "Philosophically, if I'm the coach and someone came in anywhere and did that, I'd say 'OK, fire me, or I'm going to quit. Or we're going to both go into the owner and talk about this and then we'll see who's still standing.' "

"How do you make your team better by trading your best player?" he added. "He's the best offensive player. He's a valuable, valuable guy."

Holmgren was fired at the end of last season by owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner. Sources told The Plain Dealer the "general feeling" was that Holmgren and former general manager Tom Heckert had "botched" the top picks in the 2012 draft, a group that included Richardson, quarterback Brandon Weeden and right tackle Mitchell Schwartz.

According to The Plain Dealer, Banner and general manager Mike Lombardi wouldn't have drafted Josh Gordon with a supplemental pick in 2012. That decision wiped away Cleveland's second-round choice in this year's draft.

Holmgren believes Richardson is a future star. He never would be on board with sending that promise elsewhere.

"I'd shake hands and walk. I would," he said. "Because if I disagreed with it vehemently, and I couldn't buy in, I mean, I'm not saying I'm right, I'm saying that's what I would do, because you have to be true to yourself in this business."

We can fix that problem and give you the second back.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Fair enough. Talent wise; there is no comparison. 

Gordon is a super star though.

I do agree with you...Brazill was somewhat of a letdown his rookie year even though I never expected much to begin with.   I found myself being constantly impressed with Gordon his rookie year.  Which is one reason the Trich trade makes less sense to me from the Browns perspective.  Yes they need a qb, but honestly the have a very good team.  Above average defense, with a shutdown corner (Haden) and a few other playmakers, a great front 7.  The left side of their o-line may be one of the best in the nfl, right side does need alot of work.  Throw in Gordon, Cameron the TE, and if they kept TRich, and you basically are a Russell Wilson (Teddy Bridgewater) away from a Seahawks like situation.

I do agree with you...Brazill was somewhat of a letdown his rookie year even though I never expected much to begin with.   I found myself being constantly impressed with Gordon his rookie year.  Which is one reason the Trich trade makes less sense to me from the Browns perspective.  Yes they need a qb, but honestly the have a very good team.  Above average defense, with a shutdown corner (Haden) and a few other playmakers, a great front 7.  The left side of their o-line may be one of the best in the nfl, right side does need alot of work.  Throw in Gordon, Cameron the TE, and if they kept TRich, and you basically are a Russel Wilson (Teddy Bridgewater) away from a Seahawks like situation.

Absolutely. Too bad we couldn't have somehow swapped Brazil for Gordon in the trade too. Maybe thrown in a 3rd or 4th. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Absolutely. Too bad we couldn't have somehow swapped Brazil for Gordon in the trade too. Maybe thrown in a 3rd or 4th. 

My impression from the way Pagano described how the trade went down, he couldn't believe Grigson was actually able to get TRich for just a 1st rd pick, so my guess is they felt no need to have the deal sweetened, but you never know how it was actually negotiated.

My impression from the way Pagano described how the trade went down, he couldn't believe Grigson was actually able to get TRich for just a 1st rd pick, so my guess is they felt no need to have the deal sweetened, but you never know how it was actually negotiated.

Yeah, I was observing Pagano's body language while he was explaining that one too. Would have loved to have been a fly on that wall. I imagine there was a lot of high-fiving and energy in the room after that phone call was over.

Only time will tell if this was a good move. His 3.5 ypc worries me, there have been a lot of 1st round flops in the NFL and hopefully Richardson isn't one of them. Giving up a 1st round pick for a runner that has yet to prove himself in the NFL seems much to risky to me. I hope he'll be an absolute stud with the Colts, but again only time will tell.

luckyblue, on 20 Sept 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Only time will tell if this was a good move. His 3.5 ypc worries me, there have been a lot of 1st round flops in the NFL and hopefully Richardson isn't one of them. Giving up a 1st round pick for a runner that has yet to prove himself in the NFL seems much to risky to me. I hope he'll be an absolute stud with the Colts, but again only time will tell.

Most people say his 3.5 ypc was because teams stacked the box all day against him, because they have absolutely no threat at qb to back the defenders off. So I'm trying not to be too concerned about that 3.5 ypc stat.

if it doesn't work the colts will be the worst team in the world and everyone should be fired and irsay is stupid but if it does work omg the colts are the greatest lol does anyone else see how flawed this is, are there any real fans??

Does a "real" fan call out other fans for daring to have an opinion different to their own?

This is a pretty divisive trade all round the football community, but however people think about it, I'm sure the "real" fans will still be rooting for #34 come Sunday.

I didn`t get that.

I`m sure he was just surprised we were getting Richardson at all.

I swear everyone on here claims to be colts fans but all I see is complaining and complaining

I'm with you.. Don't listen to em these people on here are a joke..

They need lives... I love being passionate about my team and fans should be, but it's not that serious where u should be a cry baby ..

And my favorite is the "I don't want...." Like anyone really cares who they want or don't want on the team..

We have no ides where that pick is going to be...and we have no idea how well Trent will play..

...what we all do know for sure is that we all have said you don't give up a No.1 for a running back...

Its a gamble..I hope it works...

Again with this WE stuff.. Just shhhhh already

Guest TeamLoloJones

I didn`t get that.

I`m sure he was just surprised we were getting Richardson at all.

I'm obviously just guessing so don't take me too seriously on that note...

Again with this WE stuff.. Just shhhhh already

Yeah, it is WE. It has always been about WE. 

WE will be here longer than any player will ever be. WE make the Colts possible, because WE spend our money to make the NFL possible. WE have emotional attached our selves to this team. WE rejoice and WE hurt as much, if not more than the players do. 

So yes, when I mention what the Colts are doing, I say this is what WE are doing. WE are the most important part of the Colts. If you don't believe then think about where the NFL would be if the fans were not emotionally attached. It is impossible to pay the players when teams are not selling tickets and merchandise. 

The right to say WE is the least we should get in return. 

Yeah, it is WE. It has always been about WE. 

WE will be here longer than any player will ever be. WE make the Colts possible, because WE spend our money to make the NFL possible. WE have emotional attached our selves to this team. WE rejoice and WE hurt as much, if not more than the players do. 

So yes, when I mention what the Colts are doing, I say this is what WE are doing. WE are the most important part of the Colts. If you don't believe then think about where the NFL would be if the fans were not emotionally attached. It is impossible to pay the players when teams are not selling tickets and merchandise. 

The right to say WE is the least we should get in return. 

I think you missed his point...

oldunclemark is talking about Colts fans in the collective, calling us all hypocrites because of his extreme position. Nostrils is saying he should stop lumping everyone together in this collective "we." 

At least that's what I got from it. Don't mean to speak for anyone else...

Most people say his 3.5 ypc was because teams stacked the box all day against him, because they have absolutely no threat at qb to back the defenders off. So I'm trying not to be too concerned about that 3.5 ypc stat.

i know you dont want to hear this but he his a 3.5 yard back see below the stacking the box argument is not correct.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/08/facing-eight-in-the-box/

They need lives... I love being passionate about my team and fans should be, but it's not that serious where u should be a cry baby ..

And my favorite is the "I don't want...." Like anyone really cares who they want or don't want on the team..

Are you trolling with two user names? I ask because I am not seeing your complaints as justified. I only see the actions of a person (maybe two people), becoming extremely negative, while complaining about people who are negative. 

oldunclemark is talking about Colts fans in the collective, calling us all hypocrites because of his extreme position. Nostrils is saying he should stop lumping everyone together in this collective "we." 

You may be right. 

If he meant WE in those terms then I misunderstood.

"I don't want ...", "I do want...", "I wish ..." etc .... are the basis of most opinions, and opinions drive the discussions on the board. If people did not offer up opinions (incuding dissenting ones) than there would not be much to discuss.  The fact that you think those complaining need lives, but yet you make multiple comments on the issue suggets you are no different in the "life department".

"I don't want ...", "I do want...", "I wish ..." etc .... are the basis of most opinions, and opinions drive the discussions on the board. If people did not offer up opinions (incuding dissenting ones) than there would not be much to discuss.  The fact that you think those complaining need lives, but yet you make multiple comments on the issue suggets you are no different in the "life department".

That is the part I don't get either. One has to wonder if some trolling is not going on. 

I don't know exactly how Nostrils comment was meant, but I would not read it as diplomatically as you .  Especially when taken with his comment immediately proceeding the one in question.