Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

At Least Pat Angerer Was Making Plays

ColtsBTM12

After a couple foot surgeries that forced him to miss time last year and never quite be the player he really is, it seems that Pat Angerer as we know him is back. His 11 tackle, 0.5 sack performance on Sunday was impressive and one of the bright spots in a 24-20 loss to the Dolphins. It seemed like 51 was all over the field on Sunday, being the explosive, high energy linebacker that many Colts fans love. I fell on the Angerer bandwagon after his monster 2011 year where he had 146 tackles and was my vote for MVP of that horrible 2-14 squad. He remains one of my favorite players on the team and its nice to finally see him back to himself.

Yeah, but like I said I didn't see it. And when I was in the chat room on gameday... I believe it was Holden89 on one play that said Angerer was getting dragged on a tackle. Drug him for a few extra yards

Few extra yards probably means 1 extra yard. I did not notice it but I did notice all the stops he made.

Yeah, but like I said I didn't see it. And when I was in the chat room on gameday... I believe it was Holden89 on one play that said Angerer was getting dragged on a tackle. Drug him for a few extra yards

He had one hit in the backfield but most were drag down tackles.

I love his motor and tends to be a guy, like Landry, who is always in on the tackle

My chronic problem with him is that he tends to get beat OFTEN when he is put into man coverage.  The first time I noticed him was when he got beat immediately down field by a tight end.  He just seems to not be athletic enough to play man coverage.

Overall, if he is our 3rd option at ILB, I am a happy man

He had one hit in the backfield but most were drag down tackles.

Few extra yards probably means 1 extra yard. I did not notice it but I did notice all the stops he made.

Ahh. Well the drag down tackles I'm sure he'll work on. I'll cut him a pass for that game since it was really his first game back imo

Ahh. Well the drag down tackles I'm sure he'll work on. I'll cut him a pass for that game since it was really his first game back imo

A bad tackle is when the ball carrier doesn't go down, IMO. Angerer may not big the biggest hitter but he knows how to wrap.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=330915011 Runs when Angerer was in were gains of :10,6,8,12,4,0,3,0,31,6,3, and 0. The plays with 3yds and 0yds Angerer assisted with players like Bethea Franklin, and Landry as the primary tacklers. Some of the longer runs Angerer was completely blocked away from the play. Not trying to dog Angerer as this was the most active I have seen him in almost 2 years. It still seems to me that he and Freeman are redundant. We need a power hitter opposite one of the two.

Didn't see the game so I wouldn't know

Can't go by the tackles. Misleading stat

Just curious, how are you this huge fan with thousands of posts on Colts forum yet you seem to never watch the games? I would go insane if I had to miss even one game let alone most of them, as you seem to.

Can't you go to a bar or find a link on the internet to watch the game?

I'm just curious because I've read many post of you mentioning how you couldn't watch the game. Feel free to ignore me if it's a personal reason.

Just curious, how are you this huge fan with thousands of posts on Colts forum yet you seem to never watch the games? I would go insane if I had to miss even one game let alone most of them, as you seem to.

Can't you go to a bar or find a link on the internet to watch the game?

I'm just curious because I've read many post of you mentioning how you couldn't watch the game. Feel free to ignore me if it's a personal reason.

I'm in the worst state ever: Virginia

All I get is the local teams (Redskins & Ravens)

Only get our games if they're primetime. So I spend my gamedays in the chat room o here with everyone and just do it like that. It's depressing actually, but it is what it is

Only get our games if they're primetime. So I spend my gamedays in the chat room o here with everyone and just do it like that. It's depressing actually, but it is what it is

[/quote) I'm a lot like you in SC. Luckily NFL Network carried all the preseason games and the Dolphin game was the main game on CBS.

[/quote) I'm a lot like you in SC. Luckily NFL Network carried all the preseason games and the Dolphin game was the main game on CBS.

Yeah, I'm only 19 so I've learned from this. When I get my own place...... NFL sunday ticket is a MUST

How do you have all these opinions on the offense when you don't actually watch the games?

1. Pre-season

2. Highlights (in most Luck gets hit even though it goes for a Touchdown)

3. NFL Network talking about us (Hard to watch since they most are senseless "experts"

4. Chat Room live feed. When the words "Sacked, Stuffed, Hit, Etc. Etc" come across the chat screen you get a pretty good feel on how the offense is doing

there isn't a bw3 anywhere near where you live?

There's a hard time cafe or hard rock one of the two. But that's in springfield. I'd have to take a bus & train to get over there. And I've been there, not a fan of the smoking. The smell of cigarettes in your clothes is utterly disgusting

I really don't have like a major freak out kind of problem with not seeing every single Colts game. I've learned to deal with it after going through it for 8-9 years now

There's a hard time cafe or hard rock one of the two. But that's in springfield. I'd have to take a bus & train to get over there. And I've been there, not a fan of the smoking. The smell of cigarettes in your clothes is utterly disgusting

I really don't have like a major freak out kind of problem with not seeing every single Colts game. I've learned to deal with it after going through it for 8-9 years now

what part of Virginia do you live in?

I was in Norfolk last year and you couldn't smoke in public places

8 to 9 years? God Bless You.

Angerger played well looked a little rusty at first, but played well & NO all his tackles where not chase tackles. As the game went on he played better. I do think we are a little light in the middle though. We need a 260 pound ILB who hits the % out of people hard to find though! Anyone complaining about Pat's play didn't see or forgot Sheppard's :puke:  play week one!!