Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we're gonna trade, trade for proven OL with talent!

BProland85

I'd rather have us trade a player like Angerer for OL help than adding another RB. Instead of dealing away more draft picks, see if we can get value for some of our players we don't desperately need. I feel like Bradshaw, Brown, and Williams could get it done with a decent OL.

Someone like OT/G Jeff Allen from the chiefs would be an option.

I'd rather have us trade a player like Angerer for OL help than adding another RB. Instead of dealing away more draft picks, see if we can get value for some of our players we don't desperately need. I feel like Bradshaw, Brown, and Williams could get it done with a decent OL.

We'd never trade Bradshaw after just signing him. No one is going to give up a quality OLineman for a RB anyway. They're a dime a dozen. It would have to be a draft pick.

The O line isn't the problem right now. I think we've been out coached two games in a row. I'm not saying fire anyone, we just have to get better. New head coach, new OC, it may just take time.

We'd never trade Bradshaw after just signing him. No one is going to give up a quality OLineman for a RB anyway. They're a dime a dozen. It would have to be a draft pick.

The O line isn't the problem right now. I think we've been out coached two games in a row. I'm not saying fire anyone, we just have to get better. New head coach, new OC, it may just take time.

The coaches didn't make Jones drop the ball at the goal line, or cause Reggie to have a brain fart, or force Luck to throw a pick.

I do question allowing AV to attempt a 52 yarder though.

We need to trade for a CB i think that's the biggest problem with this team. Offense put up a bunch of yards and we moved the ball, we just couldn't stop their WR's. I'll be willing to give up a 1st for Joe Haden or a top notch CB because we desperately need it.

A pass rusher would do a lot more for the Colts than a CB

A pass rusher would do a lot more for the Colts than a CB

We got great pressure on Tannehill today mostly in a 4 man front, the problem is our CB's couldn't cover slants,out routes, or any type of routes for 2.5 seconds. I like Davis and Toler as #2 and #3CB's but this team is in dire need of a physical shutdown CB.

We got great pressure on Tannehill today mostly in a 4 man front, the problem is our CB's couldn't cover slants,out routes, or any type of routes for 2.5 seconds. I like Davis and Toler as #2 and #3CB's but this team is in dire need of a physical shutdown CB.

The colts got pressure in a few spurts, but other than that it was pretty tame.....much like last week.

I would bring back Saturday...

not sure if this is a joke or not but if its not look at the man he's about the size of Andrew Luck now he's in no shape to play. Also based on last year he's done which is why I think he retired he knows it. Now if we wanted him to help coach the online I would be all for it. I always thought Jeff would make a good coach.

We need to trade for a CB i think that's the biggest problem with this team. Offense put up a bunch of yards and we moved the ball, we just couldn't stop their WR's. I'll be willing to give up a 1st for Joe Haden or a top notch CB because we desperately need it.

I doubt the Browns would trade Haden because the Browns are actually really close to contention. I never understood why we didn't make a move for Revis though. That just made too much sense. I do agree that while Davis could be a phenomenal number two corner we need a number one, shutdown corner. 

Yeah, if Tampa did that, I would also try and do Griff Whalen for Vincent Jackson.

It would help some here, if, when you make a post like that, if you would use an emoticon to make things more obvious for them...

You know.....    like this.....        :sarcasm:         Otherwise.....    you know...   they'll think you're serious....

at times we got pressure and when we did Tannehill struggled. Then the middle of the third till the end of the game we struggled to get heat and he played well. Like Fouts said at one point the Colts pass rush has disappeared and Tannehill is picking them apart. Coverage only holds up for so long if you don't get to the QB. That's why pass rush is so important in the NFL.

The coaches didn't make Jones drop the ball at the goal line, or cause Reggie to have a brain fart, or force Luck to throw a pick.

I do question allowing AV to attempt a 52 yarder though.

hes been hitting them. The one today had the leg he just pushed it a little too much those things happen to kickers just sadly for us it never happens to the other teams kicker from beyond 50 :(

It would help some here, if, when you make a post like that, if you would use an emoticon to make things more obvious for them...

You know.....    like this.....        :sarcasm:         Otherwise.....    you know...   they'll think you're serious....

Thanks good to know.

:sarcasm:

:sarcasm: to the :sarcasm:

Does that eliminate the original sarcasm? Man, I gotta go to bed.

For Oline: trade for someone like Alex Boone from the 49ers to replace thomas but until he learns the playbook etc, have thornton plugged in at LG and eventually replace Mcglynn.

Dline:keep in chapman rather than start franklin.

LBs: with angerer and freeman playing well, that kinda makes sheppard and conner expendable for a trade. With that said, I would always love the idea of trading for someone like navorro bowman.also we need to keep walden off the field, he can't generate a pass rush and he's even questionable against the run.

CBs: we need to in the offseason to either pick up sam shields and/or draft bradley roby/jason verrett

For Oline: trade for someone like Alex Boone from the 49ers to replace thomas but until he learns the playbook etc, have thornton plugged in at LG and eventually replace Mcglynn.

Dline:keep in chapman rather than start franklin.

LBs: with angerer and freeman playing well, that kinda makes sheppard and conner expendable for a trade. With that said, I would always love the idea of trading for someone like navorro bowman.also we need to keep walden off the field, he can't generate a pass rush and he's even questionable against the run.

CBs: we need to in the offseason to either pick up sam shields and/or draft bradley roby/jason verrett

as fas as Walden he wasn't brought here to rush the passer your later point is more concerning when it comes to him.

Who's gonna trade a quality guard that could start and produce for Angerer?

Face it, if were that desperate for a guard we are going to have to give up a decent draft pick.