Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Handwritting on the Wall for Ijalana

atapcl

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With McGlynn being replaced by Lickenbach in the game Saturday it is looking more and more like Ijalana will be cut. The numbers dictate that we can keep about 8-9 OL. Costonzo, Thomas, Satele, McGlynn, Cherilus. Thornton, Holmes and Lickenbach would be 8. If we keep a ninth I believe it will be a battle between Cleary and Reitz.

I agree!

How bad is Ben to get cut before McGlynn or Link? Is he just too far gone in terms of learning to play in the pros? He was a 2nd rounder, not a UDFA...sad to see if it happens. I hope he gets a chance somewhere.

Because he is a Tackle, not a Guard.

Because he is a Tackle, not a Guard.

The way Reitz played T against Cleveland it looks like he is a G trying to play T. The few times I have seen Ijalana play this year I have not seen a difference in talent between him, Reitz, and Lickenbach.

The way Reitz played T against Cleveland it looks like he is a G trying to play T. The few times I have seen Ijalana play this year I have not seen a difference in talent between him, Reitz, and Lickenbach.

I have stated several times that I think Ijalana has the skillset of a Guard, but the Colts staff clearly do not agree, he has not played there at all in camp or pre-season. The versatility they see with Reitz cannot automatically be applied to Ijalana, even if he is a better player.

I have stated several times that I think Ijalana has the skillset of a Guard, but the Colts staff clearly do not agree, he has not played there at all in camp or pre-season. The versatility they see with Reitz cannot automatically be applied to Ijalana, even if he is a better player.

I know we do not have access to practice but it seems that Reitz and Ijalana can only play on the left side of the line. Ijalana is on his 3rd OL coach and they all looked at him on the left side.

I know we do not have access to practice but it seems that Reitz and Ijalana can only play on the left side of the line. Ijalana is on his 3rd OL coach and they all looked at him on the left side.

Ijalana has played RT and LT in camp. Reitz has played LG and LT.

If I remember right, his rookie year he was practicing and being prepped to be the starting RT.  They only put him at LT when Castonzo got hurt and then Ijalana got hurt shortly after.  They were drafted though with the premise that Castonzo would be the LT and Ijalana would be RT.  I don't think really got any work anywhere last year because didn't he get hurt the first day of training camp?  Then this year they brought in Cherilus to be starting RT so they've moved Ijalana and have been testing him as a backup LT. He'd have to beat out either Castonzo or Cherilus, or be moved to OG in order to crack the starting lineup.

How bad is Ben to get cut before McGlynn or Link? Is he just too far gone in terms of learning to play in the pros? He was a 2nd rounder, not a UDFA...sad to see if it happens. I hope he gets a chance somewhere.

The concern is probably the multiple injuries...dunno if they will take a chance on a guy who won't be able to play a full season...but Pagano does like him...he has that going for him.

2 bad injuries make him suspect even if he plays well.

Second injury I blame on the Colts for not giving him the proper time to heal. He got less than 10 months for a similar injury that Chapman got nearly a year and a half to let heal. The Panthers gave Thomas Davis several injuries to make it back and he is now starting. I believe he will play somewhere if not here. The Colts' brass has done an excellent job bringing in talent but all teams make mistakes sometimes.

Second injury I blame on the Colts for not giving him the proper time to heal. He got less than 10 months for a similar injury that Chapman got nearly a year and a half to let heal. The Panthers gave Thomas Davis several injuries to make it back and he is now starting. I believe he will play somewhere if not here. The Colts' brass has done an excellent job bringing in talent but all teams make mistakes sometimes.

Ben also had 2 surgeries on his hip while rehabbing the ACL. 

He didn't get beat at all in pass blocking and beat his guy in run blocking but most rushing plays were on the right.

Thanks. We did our draft tonight so I didn't see the game.

Some * took Luck the pick before me in the fifth round. I should have drafted him too early, instead of not at all.

Thanks. We did our draft tonight so I didn't see the game.

Some * took Luck the pick before me in the fifth round. I should have drafted him too early, instead of not at all.

Good luck with your draft. I am not into fantasy football though. By the way, I am the same as codrutc, you may have seen my comments once in a while on CA.

He played the whole second half.

Normally speaking for a vet like Ijalana playing the whole second half of the last pre-season game isn't a good thing.  It tells me he didn't play well enough to jump over the guys on the second unit in the depth chart.  If that's the case it's going to be really hard for him to make the final roster.  Poor guy, he got an unfair hand with being raw coming out of college to start with and all the injuries to boot.  I think it might have been to much for him to over come at least here.

Dang it! I know we can only carry so many lineman... But mark my words: if he stays he a healthy he will eventually make us sorry for cutting him. Esp. over the current turds on the line... Yes he's raw but he looked good last night IMO

Dang it! I know we can only carry so many lineman... But mark my words: if he stays he a healthy he will eventually make us sorry for cutting him. Esp. over the current turds on the line... Yes he's raw but he looked good last night IMO

Okay, I marked your words.

Kidding.  But I agree with you.  I didn't see him last night, I had to listen to the game.

I'm not sure it makes much of a difference, but I was at the Cleveland game last week and he was warming up and running plays with the second team before the game.  I know they put Reitz in when AC got hurt.  So maybe they don't have total faith in him, but it looked like he was getting a chance.

I'd cut Mcglyyn for Ijalana, He actually looked better at LT then anyone we have had there this preseason I think, Cleary looks to be a good option at backup RT

You know that's not going to happen.  I'd love to know what the coaches see in McGlynn.  Maybe he just looks good compared to Satele?  Remember the Bash Brothers?  We should call those two the Backup Brothers.

You know that's not going to happen.  I'd love to know what the coaches see in McGlynn.  Maybe he just looks good compared to Satele?  Remember the Bash Brothers?  We should call those two the Backup Brothers.

I prefer the Cut Brothers, Hey I can dream........There is always Madden ya know

With McGlynn being replaced by Lickenbach in the game Saturday it is looking more and more like Ijalana will be cut. The numbers dictate that we can keep about 8-9 OL. Costonzo, Thomas, Satele, McGlynn, Cherilus. Thornton, Holmes and Lickenbach would be 8. If we keep a ninth I believe it will be a battle between Cleary and Reitz.

they need to keep only 8, there are too many good players that are right on the bubble line that are way too good to dispose of in other areas of the team, especially on defense.  Cleary and Reitz have to go.  Executive of the year will make the right call.  We can ALWAYS pick up someone better than Reitz off the waiver wire at around 6:01pm on Saturday.  Problem is they have to learn the offense which really makes these cuts even harder.  Reitz is just a body in case of serious injuries up and down the line.  He is awful, kinda, sorta.