Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury News, Colts Updates, & Coach Comments

TKnight24

Hello :coltslogo: Family :wave: & Happy Tuesday :D

Here's some news from the team that we all love oh so much :heart:

@KBowenColts: Dwayne Allen updates his foot injury w/ @JMV1070 and talks about what the last 2 weeks away from the field has meant http://t.co/cTS9ig3szA

@KBowenColts: Chuck Pagano said Lawrence Sidbury is going to get a second opinion, more than likely doubtful for this game.

@KBowenColts: Pagano said he doesn't think Ahmad Bradshaw will play this weekend.

@KBowenColts: Pagano said with LaRon Landry coming from a familiar system, he doesn't think it will take Landry long to knock off the rust.

@KBowenColts: Pagano on rookie running back Kerwynn Williams: "He's a guy that has caught everybody's eye."

@KBowenColts: Pagano said that Hugh Thornton might be back this week. Thornton is ahead of Khaled Holmes health wise.

@KBowenColts: Pagano on Erik Walden: "He's exceeded our expectations...He's done nothing but flourished here."

@KBowenColts: Pagano said the team will game plan and treat it as a normal in-season game week for the Browns.

Mike Chappell @mchappell51 21m

Pagano: Starters likely to play more vs. Browns. Like to go into halftime, make adjustments, come out for series in 3rd quarter

Mike Chappell @mchappell51 13m

Pagano: we're still in training camp mode. no time to get complacent. no time to take a step back.

Mike Chappell @mchappell51 18mPagano: offensive line improving. better vs. nygiants. depth coming around

Hello :coltslogo: Family :wave: & Happy Tuesday :D

Here's some news from the team that we all love oh so much :heart:

@KBowenColts: Dwayne Allen updates his foot injury w/ @JMV1070 and talks about what the last 2 weeks away from the field has meant http://t.co/cTS9ig3szA

@KBowenColts: Chuck Pagano said Lawrence Sidbury is going to get a second opinion, more than likely doubtful for this game.

@KBowenColts: Pagano said he doesn't think Ahmad Bradshaw will play this weekend.

@KBowenColts: Pagano said with LaRon Landry coming from a familiar system, he doesn't think it will take Landry long to knock off the rust.

@KBowenColts: Pagano on rookie running back Kerwynn Williams: "He's a guy that has caught everybody's eye."

@KBowenColts: Pagano said that Hugh Thornton might be back this week. Thornton is ahead of Khaled Holmes health wise.

@KBowenColts: Pagano on Erik Walden: "He's exceeded our expectations...He's done nothing but flourished here."

@KBowenColts: Pagano said the team will game plan and treat it as a normal in-season game week for the Browns.

I had to laugh at the Landry quote.

When he hits someone he WILL knock their rust off. :clap:

More updates

@KBowenColts: Coby Fleener said he will be practicing today. He doesn't know how much he will practice but he will be out there this afternoon

@KBowenColts: Andrew Luck on Reggie & T.Y.'s catches: "Those catches are special. Just b/c they happen over & over again, it doesn't lose it's luster."

@KBowenColts: Behind Mathis & Bethea, Fili Moala is the 3rd longest tenured Colts defender. Moala is off PUP & ready to hit someone http://t.co/IXxf1c3yDg

More updates

@CraigKColts: #Colts Chuck P. will monitor Bradshaw and Moala should start work. Bradshaw may not play Saturday. Starters may go into 3rd qtr.

@CraigKColts: #Colts Chuck P. not worried if Bradshaw does not play, cites his veteran nature.

@CraigKColts: #Colts Chuck P. likes OL, says starting 5 are in good shape, those behind them shaping up.

@CraigKColts: #Colts Chuck P. likes motor and size of Caesar Rayford. Read later in Colts Notebook.

@CraigKColts: #Colts Chuck P. says told team though at home to keep the training camp mindset.

@CraigKColts: #Colts Chuck P. says great catches by Wayne/Hilton a result of work in practice. Sounds like Marvin H. from back in the day.

found on rotoworld.

may be another reason for the new WR

Suspended Colts WR LaVon Brazill was spotted with a walking boot on his right foot Tuesday.

That won't help Brazill's roster chances. The 2012 sixth-rounder has just two catches through two preseason games. He's sounding doubtful for Saturday's regular season dress rehearsal against the Browns

More updates

@KBowenColts: Coby Fleener said he will be practicing today. He doesn't know how much he will practice but he will be out there this afternoon

@KBowenColts: Andrew Luck on Reggie & T.Y.'s catches: "Those catches are special. Just b/c they happen over & over again, it doesn't lose it's luster."

@KBowenColts: Behind Mathis & Bethea, Fili Moala is the 3rd longest tenured Colts defender. Moala is off PUP & ready to hit someone http://t.co/IXxf1c3yDg

Fleener needs to glue himself to that jugs machine all stinking day.

Got it right here

@CraigKColts: #Colts Chuck Pagano says Fleener is day-to-day. Allen will be monitored in reps. Sidbury to get 2nd opinion on shoulder. Doubtful.

The way Rayford is playing, Sidbury may be on the outside looking in unless he gets healthy soon.

The way Rayford is playing, Sidbury may be on the outside looking in unless he gets healthy soon.

ehhhh I don't know about that.  Rayford showed some good flashes in the Giants game but I'd be surprised if he's done enough already to push himself above Sidbury.  Plus, and I could be wrong, but I thought on the first depth chart the Colts released they had Rayford as 3rd string rush LB behind Werner and Mathis whereas Sidbury was listed as 2nd string Sam LB behind Walden. 

ehhhh I don't know about that.  Rayford showed some good flashes in the Giants game but I'd be surprised if he's done enough already to push himself above Sidbury.  Plus, and I could be wrong, but I thought on the first depth chart the Colts released they had Rayford as 3rd string rush LB behind Werner and Mathis whereas Sidbury was listed as 2nd string Sam LB behind Walden. 

Meh depth charts mean squat at this point but if Rayford stays healthy if he gets cut then there is seriously something wrong

Meh depth charts mean squat at this point but if Rayford stays healthy if he gets cut then there is seriously something wrong

I realize depth charts mean squat at this point based on what order players are placed in.  the point was, at least according to that depth chart, the staff seems to be looking at Sidbury and Rayford for different positions so, like Walden and Werner, Sidbury and Rayford may not necessarily be competing with each other.  

I realize depth charts mean squat at this point based on what order players are placed in.  the point was, at least according to that depth chart, the staff seems to be looking at Sidbury and Rayford for different positions so, like Walden and Werner, Sidbury and Rayford may not necessarily be competing with each other.  

Our OLB's are going to be expected to line up at both spots from the looks of it. I have the following OLB's in (no particular order)

Mathis

Werner

Walden

Sidbury (were not gonna give something up for him just to cut him)

Rayford (2 games two sacks and a few more pressures to go along with a strip sack...barring injury he is in)

That leaves one OLB spot open I think.

@TribStarTJames: Sitting out Wednesday: WR LaVon Brazill, WR Maurice Williams, LB Kelvin Sheppard, CB Teddy Williams, TE Coby Fleener, S Joe Lefeged.

@TribStarTJames: Also sitting out Wednesday was C Khaled Holmes, LB Josh McNary. Sheppard had a walking boot on his right foot.