Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Angerer trade value?

Everyone

What do you think we could get for Pat when he is healthy enough to return to the field? Or does his injury history render the question moot?

The need for a quality pair of ILB's renders the question moot.......team leader in tackles, 4th overall in the league in 2011...Freeman held those identical placements in 2012......get them both healthy and that will be a good thing. If injury dictates trades, wait until they are both healthy and trade them both for a creamsicle and a dream.......smh, I just don't get the #51 hate.......

Why would u want him traded???  He was awesome during the Colts horrible 2011 one of the only bright spots from that year.  Obviously  he wasn't  nearly as good last year but that was because he had a broken foot and even when he came back he was never really healthy.  Expect to see Pat back to his old self in 2013.

How quickly people forget :thmdown:

At MLB he is pretty good.

He got humiliated when he got isolated in pass coverage as an ILB and didn`t look good getting off blocks.

Granted Mookie was terrible at NT.

We should hope to replace him at the 1st good opportunity. Yes that may be after this season. JMO

Why would u want him traded???  He was awesome during the Colts horrible 2011 one of the only bright spots from that year.  Obviously  he wasn't  nearly as good last year but that was because he had a broken foot and even when he came back he was never really healthy.  Expect to see Pat back to his old self in 2013.

I agree. If my memory serves me correct he was in the top 3 in tackles in the league before he got injured. 

At MLB he is pretty good.

He got humiliated when he got isolated in pass coverage as an ILB and didn`t look good getting off blocks.

Granted Mookie was terrible at NT.

We should hope to replace him at the 1st good opportunity. Yes that may be after this season. JMO

I guess him being in the top 3 in tackles in the NFL before his injury means zero? 

I agree why would we trade him, we need depth at every position and when healthy he is an incredible tackling machine.  The board has become more and more fickle of late.  First its Fleener now Angerer if Luck has a few bad games are we gonna trade him to???

The time for trades is after the season when we have had a real evaluation of our talent, I want to win as much as the next fan but I would like to win consistently.

Just my opinion, we are building something great here and I think we will be as good as we were in the Manning era maybe more super bowls hopefully. 

GO COLTS

I agree why would we trade him, we need depth at every position and when healthy he is an incredible tackling machine.  The board has become more and more fickle of late.  First its Fleener now Angerer if Luck has a few bad games are we gonna trade him to???

The time for trades is after the season when we have had a real evaluation of our talent, I want to win as much as the next fan but I would like to win consistently.

Just my opinion, we are building something great here and I think we will be as good as we were in the Manning era maybe more super bowls hopefully. 

GO COLTS

Hopefully Luck's better in the playoffs then Manning was here. 

He's worth keeping until he has shown where he is at after all these leg-foot issues.  Seems to be a throwback type of player who can be effective in any scheme.  Would love to see him back healthy and productive.  He's a keeper IMO. 

minimal for injury prone, undersized, "drag down" tackler who cannot not cover in passing situations.

Score! His tackle numbers from 2011 were largely inflated by his assists. He needs help in taking down RB's and as noted, is lacking in pass coverage. He's ok for depth but that's about it.

Hopefully grigson and the coaching staff build a more balanced and complete team so that luck won't have to do it all on his own.

Not-so-random fact: No quarterback in NFL history has had the lead surrendered by the defense in the 4th quarter of a playoff game more times than Peyton Manning.

But yeah, he totally should have played better in the playoffs when he was a Colt. :: rollseyes ::