Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB winning #2 WR spot so far.

Indyfan4life

Darrius Heyward-Bey is working as the Colts' No. 2 wide receiver early in Colts training camp.

T.Y. Hilton has been the No. 3 receiver. Because the Colts will be far more of a two-tight end, two-wideout team under new OC Pep Hamilton, the winner of this camp battle will essentially be locked in as an every-down receiver and serious fantasy breakout candidate. The loser will be used only on obvious passing downs. Despite Hilton's big play-filled rookie season, DHB has generating significant praise from coaches and teammates, including Andrew Luck. Heyward-Bey is very much leading the competition thus far.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter Jul 28 - 11:34 AM

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He played on the outside the majority of last year. I think he's fine on the outside.

More of lack of options. Avery and Hilton were basically the same type of player. Hilton I think was more effective in the slot were he can use his speed to split the defense.

This surprises me. I figured DHB for the Avery role. Lots of camp to go though.

I guess this surprises you cause you didn't see or hear the Pagano interview. The moment we signed DHB, Pags said he'd be our X (#2) WR.

TY is better in the slot and built for the slot. He'll still get his PT. He did too much for us last season to just get casted on the bench. It's alot of weapons this year, Pep certainly has his hands full with trying to get everyone involved

Darrius Heyward-Bey is working as the Colts' No. 2 wide receiver early in Colts training camp.

T.Y. Hilton has been the No. 3 receiver. Because the Colts will be far more of a two-tight end, two-wideout team under new OC Pep Hamilton, the winner of this camp battle will essentially be locked in as an every-down receiver and serious fantasy breakout candidate. The loser will be used only on obvious passing downs. Despite Hilton's big play-filled rookie season, DHB has generating significant praise from coaches and teammates, including Andrew Luck. Heyward-Bey is very much leading the competition thus far.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter Jul 28 - 11:34 AM

I agree with some of the OP there is a lot of camp yet to come and how Mike Chappell got that from a walk through that the team had this morning with just shorts and tees on is beyond me.  Wonder what he will get when they have a full practice. haha

He played on the outside the majority of last year. I think he's fine on the outside.

maybe he is "fine" on the outside but he is great in the slot.  If DHB is great on the outside then look out NFL.

I guess this surprises you cause you didn't see or hear the Pagano interview. The moment we signed DHB, Pags said he'd be our X (#2) WR.

TY is better in the slot and built for the slot. He'll still get his PT. He did too much for us last season to just get casted on the bench. It's alot of weapons this year, Pep certainly has his hands full with trying to get everyone involved

You are correct. I didn't see the interview. I looked for AL and TY to build on their rapport from last year. I do realize that TY had a lot of drops...DHB had them too.

Just to clear things up for everyone. DHB will ALWAYS be #2 throughout the year unless he blows it with dropped passes or an injury. Pagano has confirmed this moving forward. Reggie Wayne & DHB outside while TY creates headaches for any defense we play in the slot.

If I can find the interview or article I will glady post it for those of you who don't believe things until it's in black & white (you know who you are haha)

Just because TY is playing the slot, doesn't mean he won't get a lot of playing time.

With the "No Coast" Offense, I see everybody getting equal playing time with the different types of looks and formations.

That's no question. He won't always be in the slot, he'll see time outside as well. Hey, for all we know he could be in the backfield if we run a wildcat play once. No one knows what to expect this year and I like that. Cause if we as fans are gonna be surprised with each play & formation..... imagine the thoughts of the defenses we face

That's no question. He won't always be in the slot, he'll see time outside as well. Hey, for all we know he could be in the backfield if we run a wildcat play once. No one knows what to expect this year and I like that. Cause if we as fans are gonna be surprised with each play & formation..... imagine the thoughts of the defenses we face

Yeah, and I think there was one play where TY did throw the ball. I want to say it was the KC game, so we might see more of that.

so the next percy harvin?

i believe that is what they said about percy harvin his rookie year, and he became their # 1 WR in minnesota and Austin in St. Louis is destined to be their # 1 and at worst # 2 WR and their the same size as Hilton. 

those guys will be moved all around. their not your traditional wr that plays on the outside all the time like a calvin johnson or fitz

TY is at his best in the slot that's why the Colts want to keep him there, don't get hung up in one being the number two and number three based on one being outside and or being in the slot. The Colts don't have him in the slot because they think he's the third best WR they have him there because they think its where they can get the most out of his skill set.