Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Garcon thanks Reggie

Kyle

Reggie is my ALL-TIME favorite Colt.  I always like the guy a lot but after we released Peyton and went into "reloading mode" he seemed like the one who was most willing to take what was offered to him, be an example to the younger guys, and work his a$$ and do WHATEVER was asked of him.  He is a true professional and the type of player you LOVE to have on ur team.  Therefore, he is my favorite player ever.

Reggie is my ALL-TIME favorite Colt.  I always like the guy a lot but after we released Peyton and went into "reloading mode" he seemed like the one who was most willing to take what was offered to him, be an example to the younger guys, and work his * and do WHATEVER was asked of him.  He is a true professional and the type of player you LOVE to have on ur team.  Therefore, he is my favorite player ever.

Me and you both!

One of the (few) advantages of social media is that you can say something like this....

In the past, Pierre might have thought it..but had no way or no time to say it...

Its telling that he has the perception to know how much he was helped...by an old guy

Always thought Garcon was a better wr then many will give him credit for, He had some drops but made some great catches  and had the potential to be a #1 wr here if he would cut down on just a few of the easy drops. Hope he can stay healthy this year

Always thought Garcon was a better wr then many will give him credit for, He had some drops but made some great catches  and had the potential to be a #1 wr here if he would cut down on just a few of the easy drops. Hope he can stay healthy this year

i can never forgive him for dropping that easy pass in the super bowl. never

no way. reggie would have to keep playing for like 6 more years and make the playoffs every year to catch rice.

He is only 59 behind. Could easily do it in 3 years and if we have good playoff pushes(WC round included) he could do it in 2 if he balls out like he did against BAL(Like 10 for 113 if I remember correctly). I don't see it hppening as soon as 2 but definitely 3-4. This year, next year, and if he decides to stay for 1 more aftercould see it happening.

He is only 59 behind. Could easily do it in 3 years and if we have good playoff pushes(WC round included) he could do it in 2 if he balls out like he did against BAL(Like 10 for 113 if I remember correctly). I don't see it hppening as soon as 2 but definitely 3-4. This year, next year, and if he decides to stay for 1 more aftercould see it happening.

Lets say he averages 5 catches a playoff game that's 12 playoff games.

Honestly, about 1/3 through last season I forgot all about him. Good move by Ryan to let him go.

Nothing against Garcon, but he took the money while Reggie took less and just plain balled it last year for us.

Way overpaid. I have nothing against Garcon, and I hope he does well. But he's a limited receiver, physically gifted, plays tough and with heart, but not particularly skilled.

Honestly, about 1/3 through last season I forgot all about him. Good move by Ryan to let him go.

Nothing against Garcon, but he took the money while Reggie took less and just plain balled it last year for us.

actually thats not entirely true. grigson wanted to keep him. if memory serves he offered garcon 40 mil, but refused.

actually thats not entirely true. grigson wanted to keep him. if memory serves he offered garcon 40 mil, but refused.

I think we offered five years, $35m. More than I thought we should have, by the way. So I'm glad the Redskins outbid us. 

your expecting too much. reggie is no spring chicken

Oh I agree on that, but speed was never his game. His impecable route running and hands are his forte. Those are two things you don't loose with time.

Reggie is just 32 catches away from 1,000 for his career.

If, (and hopefully when) he reaches that mark Reggie will join Hines Ward and Marvin Harrison as the only players in NFL history to acheive that mark with just one team.

And, its amazing that both Reggie and Marvin played so many years together, for them to both have at least 1,000 receptions in their careers. We Colt fans have been blessed for many years, because of both of them. (and Peyton too!)

Yeah he was all about GARCON

I liked Garcon's attitude. It wasn't ever over the line or overtly disrespectful. He brought moxie and flare to a rather bland team of quiet individuals. Those vampire teeth....nothing but cool. 

I liked Garcon's attitude. It wasn't ever over the line or overtly disrespectful. He brought moxie and flare to a rather bland team of quiet individuals. Those vampire teeth....nothing but cool. 

He was always one I hoped would do well and stick with the team, certainly had talent if not consistency Plus he wore #85! .