Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Melvin Bullitt Needs Season Ending Surgery

ColtsPacersfan

As much as i hate seein guys go down with season ending injuries. This is awesome for our Defense. Finally against the Steelers i saw good angles to the ball and great wrap up tackles by David Caldwell at SS. Bullitt is not a good football player PERIOD. This is great get the young guys Joe Lefeged and Caldwell some quallity playing time and expierience. THIS ONLY HELPS OUR DEFENSE!!

He's been coming into my fiancees massage/spa clinic for two weeks to get massages on his shoulder and he told the therapist who gave him his massage he was going to New York today for a consult on surgery. Also Conner has been coming in getting his hamstring worked on not sure if it's going yo be a prOblem

Why would the colts need a Kicker, or anyone on the Oline or much less the DL?... saftey as well is a non issue since they have two young safeties in caldwell and lefeged... only need is QB

Really?The only need is qb?How about some corners after powers, we are lacking at cb.If you are ready to put caldwell and lefeged as locks go ahead,thankfully polian evaluates players.

He's been coming into my fiancees massage/spa clinic for two weeks to get massages on his shoulder and he told the therapist who gave him his massage he was going to New York today for a consult on surgery. Also Conner has been coming in getting his hamstring worked on not sure if it's going yo be a prOblem

Did he get a happy ending? :excited:

It does suck for Bullitt and he's done some good things for the Colts but IMO he never was a good starting SS. He seems like he would've been a solid backup FS. SS are designed to also come up and help in run support, play up in the box, even pressure the QB and that's something he's never done well unless it's simply the Colts defensive scheme that never allowed him to do that, (However I do remember Bob Sanders doing alittle of all those things).

With him in the mix it was like two free safeties playing. We need to develop someone we have now to see their potential, either Lefeged or Caldwell, if they can't play, pick up a true solid SS. One hard hitting, havoc wrecking, solid coverage, run stuffer even one Colts feel confident in blitzing.

Why would the colts need a Kicker, or anyone on the Oline or much less the DL?... saftey as well is a non issue since they have two young safeties in caldwell and lefeged... only need is QB

Seriously brah? This time next year you are 100% confident starting these exact same players,+Manning? Your happy w/ our OL, and willing to keep it, same with DL? While I agree they have gotten marginally better latley, they still NEED improvment. Our CBs are Powers and *insert name here*. No need to upgrade? Nearly all WR will be FAs, and Vinetari is how old? Im liking our LBs' but even thats still a possibility.

I've asked this before and not gotten a reply. Anyone know Jamie Silva's status now that Bullitt's down?

Seriously brah? This time next year you are 100% confident starting these exact same players,+Manning? Your happy w/ our OL, and willing to keep it, same with DL? While I agree they have gotten marginally better latley, they still NEED improvment. Our CBs are Powers and *insert name here*. No need to upgrade? Nearly all WR will be FAs, and Vinetari is how old? Im liking our LBs' but even thats still a possibility.

I think the idea Smitto was getting at is if we get better QB play we can over come the other issues. It's the QB play right now that is causing us to lose. Every team in the NFL has holes it's a matter of if you can over come them and win. There is no "dream team" out there without a hole. Smitto's point is while the other places might be issues if we had Peyton Manning right now we would probably be winning.

Also age for a kicker isn't the same for age for another player. They don't get beat up nearly as much as other players and AV still have a 50+ yard leg he showed off in the pre-season and he's 107 out of 126 since he signed here in 2006. That's 85% pretty good. He's also only missed five field goals in the past three years combined. Why is kicker a need?

I think the idea Smitto was getting at is if we get better QB play we can over come the other issues. It's the QB play right now that is causing us to lose. Every team in the NFL has holes it's a matter of if you can over come them and win. There is no "dream team" out there without a hole. Smitto's point is while the other places might be issues if we had Peyton Manning right now we would probably be winning.

Also age for a kicker isn't the same for age for another player. They don't get beat up nearly as much as other players and AV still have a 50+ yard leg he showed off in the pre-season and he's 107 out of 126 since he signed here in 2006. That's 85% pretty good. He's also only missed five field goals in the past three years combined. Why is kicker a need?

I thought we would want to get away from that philosphy,dependent on one player has caused us to be contender's for the first pick in the draft.

Really?The only need is qb?How about some corners after powers, we are lacking at cb.If you are ready to put caldwell and lefeged as locks go ahead,thankfully polian evaluates players.

I never said the colts didnt need a corner, the colts havent even given rucker or thomas a chance yet so corner is up in the air... just cause lacey is lacking doesnt mean the rest are either....

And yes i am ready to put Lefeged as the starter, obviously they agree or else he wouldnt be playing... he's much better than bullit i can tell you that, if bullit can stick you can gurantee joe will as well.

I never said the colts didnt need a corner, the colts havent even given rucker or thomas a chance yet so corner is up in the air... just cause lacey is lacking doesnt mean the rest are either....

And yes i am ready to put Lefeged as the starter, obviously they agree or else he wouldnt be playing... he's much better than bullit i can tell you that, if bullit can stick you can gurantee joe will as well.

You said all we really need is a qb,yes he is a starter but for you to proclaim these guys as keeper's it's to early.He may turn into a starter or just a back up,much to prove in the next 13 weeks.Obviously they have to start him because bullitt is out.

Plzzzzz explain to me.. what do the Dlineman need improvement in and where? and YES i am confident that the same players that are on this team can perform, how did the the Oline perform on sunday? everyone in here were saying how woodley is gonna dominate Link and guess what that didnt happen, the colts over powered the steelers on most plays... At CB you dont know what you have until you have evaluated all players in the game and the colts havent been through rucker, thomas i havent seen those guys yet in the game so its very unlikely the colts will spend a high draft pick on a CB.... I never said the colts dont need a WR either, and the colts would be resigning some of their WR's anyway.... kicker wise vinateri is not old at all he is only what 38 39? he still has a good 3yrs left.

Plzzzzz explain to me.. what do the Dlineman need improvement in and where? and YES i am confident that the same players that are on this team can perform, how did the the Oline perform on sunday? everyone in here were saying how woodley is gonna dominate Link and guess what that didnt happen, the colts over powered the steelers on most plays... At CB you dont know what you have until you have evaluated all players in the game and the colts havent been through rucker, thomas i havent seen those guys yet in the game so its very unlikely the colts will spend a high draft pick on a CB.... I never said the colts dont need a WR either, and the colts would be resigning some of their WR's anyway.... kicker wise vinateri is not old at all he is only what 38 39? he still has a good 3yrs left.

Has our Def played better? Yes. Has the oline played better? Yes. Im not debating any of these things. But if you can look at our roster and say 'Yea we are set, we just need #18 back" then I dont know what to tell you.

You said all we really need is a qb,yes he is a starter but for you to proclaim these guys as keeper's it's to early.He may turn into a starter or just a back up,much to prove in the next 13 weeks.Obviously they have to start him because bullitt is out.

Quote really, joe is a keeper pretty soon he will be the exclusive starter at that position. he has all the attributes you would want in a safety size speed tackling.. now all he needs to do is show he is a student of the game and make plays... like he did with that INT in the steelers game.

Quote really, joe is a keeper pretty soon he will be the exclusive starter at that position. he has all the attributes you would want in a safety size speed tackling.. now all he needs to do is show he is a student of the game and make plays... like he did with that INT in the steelers game.

Yep,you say it all so matter of factly.All he needs to do is show he is a student of the game,lol the guy has played 1 game and you have him as future starter.

Has our Def played better? Yes. Has the oline played better? Yes. Im not debating any of these things. But if you can look at our roster and say 'Yea we are set, we just need #18 back" then I dont know what to tell you.

That still doesnt make any sense, the current starters this team has, IF peyton came next season the colts would make a strong case for making it to the superbowl... there are nothing wrong with the CURRENT and i stress current starters, excluding brackett and bullit. Add a WR with good hands and a young upcoming QB and i see nothing wrong with the roster.

Yep,you say it all so matter of factly.All he needs to do is show he is a student of the game,lol the guy has played 1 game and you have him as future starter.

THATS BECAUSE OF WHO THEY PREVIOUSLY HAD AS A STARTER!! Its not gonna take an ED Reed to replace bullit because he rarely produced.