Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Biggest steal of Colts draft

BProland85

I feel just the opposite, a great pass rush makes great CBs.

Also, Not sure how a CB will take pressure off our O line, but I'm sure you have your reasons?

Not disagreeing with you, BUT Rex's best pass rusher in NY was Calvin Pace and really had an average front 7, however with Revis/Cromartie he was able to get creative with his blitzes and generate a pass rush because he knew his secondary could hold up. Again, not saying this is the preferred method, but he was able to make the opposite, of whats been said, work. Although, I think Rex is really one of the very few minds to get it to work as well.

Must be when it came time for the Colts to select a player , there was not a CB that Grigson had rated as highly as you did. Must also be that throughout the draft , Grigson did not see a CB that he thought was worth traded up or down to get . That meaning matching the value of the pick to the value of the player.

Hense no CB selected...

Plus they selected Vontae Davis in the 2nd round.  Not bad.

I think Denodus Obryant is going to be a good one. I also enjoy the pick of Boyett. I'm thrilled to have someone with the capability of stepping in for Landry or Bethea if either get hurt, and the physicality and ball skills will continue as if no one got hurt.

Brain, you got me rolling bro. Obviously a bunch haven't caught on.

As for me, I'm hoping Hughes is our steal. That would mean out d line is in beast mode. And he was worth the trade. Plus he was taken in the 5th

I'll go with Kerwynn Williams. A triple threat, running back, backfield receiver and kick returner. I expect him to beat out DBrown by mid season as the change of pace back.

For a 7th round pick, none too shabby.

I hope Kerwynn works out....to be honest, nothing I have seen of him has really impressed me that much. He is obviously fast (even though he looks like he is just coasting when running) and has good receiving ability. I hope he is a solid return guy.

Now I can better understand part of the reason why Boyett has excellent recognition skills. He was a pretty good high school quarterback in California. I'm sure that helps him in diagnosing where the ball is going ahead of time.

BPM.....

My friend Brian Casserly is being mostly sarcastic....

He has a long history here of getting annoyed at Colts fans who want another Cornerback.    He'd prefer more pressure on the QB -- which we all would.  

Brian likes to take most every chance he can to rub our noses in the never-ending, always on-going, need another Cornerback debate....

Hope that clarifies....

I see I see.. I was unaware of this

Thank you for the clarification

Kerwynn Williams will be the steal of the draft for the Colts.

I have to agree with you on Williams. I think with his speed he will be a big upgrade in punt and kick off returns. Also he might be able to break a few good runs especially with an addition of a fullback. 

I really don't understand all the people who think CB is a need, Vontae Davis will be a stud possible shut down corner this year, I and apparently the FO view Greg Toler as a good #2 corner, Darius Butler was very good as a #3 corner last year, and as much as people hate on Cassius Vaughn, he is good as a #4, his problem last year was we needed him to be a #2 corner, but their are hardly any #4 corners better than him, the experience he has makes him even better, i don't view corner as that big of a need at all

I think all of the corners will benefit from having a good defensive line and what seems to be some real good linebackers. With better D=line play even the safeties will be able to move around where needed. 

BPM.....

My friend Brian Casserly is being mostly sarcastic....

He has a long history here of getting annoyed at Colts fans who want another Cornerback.    He'd prefer more pressure on the QB -- which we all would.  

Brian likes to take most every chance he can to rub our noses in the never-ending, always on-going, need another Cornerback debate....

Hope that clarifies....

That's great but with this many posters and post going on in this forum , it's a little much to ask us to keep up with someone posting sarcasm on the board. I appreciate knowing that Brain is being sarcastic and my humor is as dry as the next guys, but keeping up with stuff like that is a little much IMO. I do appreciate you letting us know he's jerking our chain but who needs that ?

That's great but with this many posters and post going on in this forum , it's a little much to ask us to keep up with someone posting sarcasm on the board. I appreciate knowing that Brain is being sarcastic and my humor is as dry as the next guys, but keeping up with stuff like that is a little much IMO. I do appreciate you letting us know he's jerking our chain but who needs that ?

DW.....

Forgive me,  I'm a little slow on the up-take here....

Are you not happy with me for explaining to the new guy what Brian Casserly was doing?     Or were you made at Brian Casserly for doing -- as he put it in his own words with this thread -- repeatedly and violently beating the dead horse??

Hope it's not me.....   I hate when the messenger gets shot!   (especially when I'm the messenger!)

DW.....

Forgive me,  I'm a little slow on the up-take here....

Are you not happy with me for explaining to the new guy what Brian Casserly was doing?     Or were you made at Brian Casserly for doing -- as he put it in his own words with this thread -- repeatedly and violently beating the dead horse??

Hope it's not me.....   I hate when the messenger gets shot!   (especially when I'm the messenger!)

Sorry , if I came off as being upset with you as that would be ridiculous. I appreciate you telling us that he's really just jerking chains. No problem with you or Brain.