Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So who takes Geno Smith early in the 2nd?

The Jags were actually debating taking him at #2, they sent all of the coaches and the owner to Morgantown to watch him. If he gets past the Jags then the Cardinals will snatch him up. If the Jags don't want him they could trade down a few spots and pick up a 4th rounder.

I really can't see him getting past the Jags.  Maybe he isn't worth the #2 pick.  But quite frankly they would have to be stupid to pass up Geno Smith in the 2nd round.

Of course if they want to do that, then I encourage the Jags to keep building around Blaine Gabbert.

if he goes to the jags which i think he will, hes going to be very happy joeckle was taken with pick 2 and not him

If the Jags get their QB, we may have to actually worry about them a bit.  They've got themselves a top WR (Blackmon) who started showing up after Gabbert was benched.  Just grabbed a top LT, and with a decent QB and a great RB you have to think that they could seriously improve.  

I still think it's between us and the Texans but we probably won't be able to overlook Jacksonville if they get their QB.  

I heard Jacksonville likes Barkley. I could be wrong and it could just be a smokescreen.

With Barkley, there could be a little more intrigue in the Colts/Jags games. Barley and Luck played against each other in college. They had a couple really good games against each other. I could see the Colts/Jags games getting more hype due to that.

Regardless, I feel the Jags need to go QB at 33. Blaine Gabbert is not the answer. Barkley is better than his senior year indicates. More importantly the Jags need to get someone who excites the fan base. They need to sell tickets.

That being said, I could see the Jags take Tank Carradine to help the pass rush if they go in an alternate direction.

If the Jags get their QB, we may have to actually worry about them a bit.  They've got themselves a top WR (Blackmon) who started showing up after Gabbert was benched.  Just grabbed a top LT, and with a decent QB and a great RB you have to think that they could seriously improve.  

I still think it's between us and the Texans but we probably won't be able to overlook Jacksonville if they get their QB.

Colts and Texans are still ahead, no doubt.

But both Jacksonville and Tennessee have had pretty good off seasons so far. They're both creeping up imo.

latest im hearing s that geno will attend day 2 of the draft, maybe hes heard something from the jags?

He doesn't have to hear anything, he'll be selected on day 2 of the draft no question unless he gets run over crossing the street to get to Radio City Music Hall.

I'll be surprised if he falls past #42

I'll be floored if he falls out of the 2nd round.

I may pass out if he falls out of the 3rd.  

He'll be drafted tomorrow, and probably early.  How could the Jag's justify keeping Blaine Gabbert as their starter when he's sitting there at the start of the 2nd round?  

On top of that how could the Eagles, the Cardinals, the Jets, the Titans, and the Raiders, justify passing on him in Round 2?

He doesn't have to hear anything, he'll be selected on day 2 of the draft no question unless he gets run over crossing the street to get to Radio City Music Hall.

I'll be surprised if he falls past #42

I'll be floored if he falls out of the 2nd round.

I may pass out if he falls out of the 3rd.  

He'll be drafted tomorrow, and probably early.  How could the Jag's justify keeping Blaine Gabbert as their starter when he's sitting there at the start of the 2nd round?  

On top of that how could the Eagles, the Cardinals, the Jets, the Titans, and the Raiders, justify passing on him in Round 2?

im just saying, maybe his decision to come back to the second day, as opposed to his original plan to skip it was because maybe he heard the jags will take him first, but who knows