Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I can see the Titans giving the Colts a run for the money too other than Texans who are a given threat

chad72

Gregg Williams manning that D, and both Andy Levitre and Chance Warmack for starting guards, those Titans could become a road grading team on O and the chippy Titans on D that we knew of under Fisher and cause us enough grief again. Not to mention Luck better wear 2 knee braces vs Bernard Pollard twice a year.

Now, I see why Grigson, unlike Polian, spent most of the money on players keying on run D in a run happy division.

I'm more worried about the Jags.  They just picked a great tackle, they already have Blackmon who started to come on after Gabbert was benched and did so with Chad Henne at QB.  They also have Maurice Jones Drew.  

Say they take Geno Smith at the top of round 2 tonight.  If Geno Smith plays even decent you have to think they are at the very least a threat.  

Titans may have a great running game, but I think they will be limited by their quarterback.  

Of course I suppose it might be possible that they grab a QB in round 2.  

I'm more worried about the Jags. They just picked a great tackle, they already have Blackmon who started to come on after Gabbert was benched and did so with Chad Henne at QB. They also have Maurice Jones Drew.

Say they take Geno Smith at the top of round 2 tonight. If Geno Smith plays even decent you have to think they are at the very least a threat.

Titans may have a great running game, but I think they will be limited by their quarterback.

Of course I suppose it might be possible that they grab a QB in round 2.

The Titans signed Fitzpatrick to back up Locker, they won't be wasting a pick on a QB. Jaguars could grab Smith or Barkley though.

They should be able to run the ball pretty well, but I still dont have faith in Jake Locker yet. He has no excuses this year after shoring up that OL. Plus the Titans secondary is pretty awful and Luck can expose them. So everything depends on Locker if they can compete with us.

They should be able to run the ball pretty well, but I still dont have faith in Jake Locker yet. He has no excuses this year after shoring up that OL. Plus the Titans secondary is pretty awful and Luck can expose them. So everything depends on Locker if they can compete with us.

He has no excuses...  besides his receivers...  and his defense...

Other than that, NO EXCUSES!

The Titans signed Fitzpatrick to back up Locker, they won't be wasting a pick on a QB. Jaguars could grab Smith or Barkley though.

I hope they grab Barkley, then he can be a part of a long line of overrated USC quarterbacks that have sucked in the NFL.  

I think Smith could be a legit decent starter in the NFL.  Barkley I see being in the mold of Leinhart and Sanchez.  

So please Jacksonville draft Barkley.  Besides the fact that you are an AFC South Rival, but since my wife has many friends in Jacksonville who are Jags fans, I quite enjoy talking trash to them about their team.  I wouldn't want to have to acknowledge that you have a decent team.  Your continued losing is in my best interest.  

I hope they grab Barkley, then he can be a part of a long line of overrated USC quarterbacks that have sucked in the NFL.  

I think Smith could be a legit decent starter in the NFL.  Barkley I see being in the mold of Leinhart and Sanchez.  

So please Jacksonville draft Barkley.  Besides the fact that you are an AFC South Rival, but since my wife has many friends in Jacksonville who are Jags fans, I quite enjoy talking trash to them about their team.  I wouldn't want to have to acknowledge that you have a decent team.  Your continued losing is in my best interest.  

haha I hope they get him too. But watch him become the next big thing out of nowhere. It would be our luck that the Jaguars find the gem of the Draft. :facepalm: But the chances of that not happening...well let's just say I like them lol.

It's a QB driven league.  If Locker can up his game and the offensive line can protect him (which it should be with some of the guys they've acquired), they could be good.  I'm not sold on that defense though.

Locker hasn't been able to hit the side of a barn from 20 yards since he was the "Tebow of the West" in his college days. Looking back, that was an appropriate description.

Lets all hope the Titans are stubborn enough to stick with him.

I agree the Titans are steadily getting better. I think their coaching staff is doing a very good job. I however believe they are limited by their passing game. Their receivers can't stay healthy or on the right side of the legal system and Locker definately has accuracy issues. He can improve...but he has a long way to go. He had issues with that in college....and it still shows. I think we have a team that can compete with the Texans....it will be hard...but if Luck can take another step this year in the new offense...and be more accurate and can move the sticks on third down....we should be a tough out.