Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Jags, Dolphins, Vikings uniforms (merge)

Dustin

See...the grey is what almost got me burned at the stake! We no-likey new colors here in Colts-land. :) I was inspired by Boise States jereys. It worked pretty well for them.

i think id like it better if it was more blue with white strips on the side going down to the blue pants. kinda like the broncos unis. ive always liked those kind of unis when the strip goes all the way down. id also like a black alternate. that would be cool.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing an alt jersey made for the Colts. But...we have 2 colors to work with. Don't worry, you won't be run out of town. I did some designs of new Nike Colts jerseys a while back. Most people hated them, but i'm still here :). People don't want to stray from the classic blue and white. Personally, I don't see the harm in change for a game or two.

These were my horrible ideas. 

You don't see the harm, but I don't see the benefit - even if for a game or two. The appeal of your designs isn't the issue. The question is, what would be the purpose? I wouldn't like the "door opening" with alternative uniforms, because it would indicate a "testing of the waters" that would inevitably lead to greater changes. Otherwise what exactly would be the point of the exercise? The uniforms are perfect the way that they are.

Why don't you submit some design suggestions to the Jaguars. They apparently could use the help. :D

You don't see the harm, but I don't see the benefit - even if for a game or two. The appeal of your designs isn't the issue. The question is, what would be the purpose? I wouldn't like the "door opening" with alternative uniforms, because it would indicate a "testing of the waters" that would inevitably lead to greater changes. Otherwise what exactly would be the point of the exercise? The uniforms are perfect the way that they are.

Why don't you submit some design suggestions to the Jaguars. They apparently could use the help. :D

I didn't know something as small as a change of uniform would lead to such catastrophic events! My apologies for suggesting such blasphemy! 

I actually wouldn't mind seeing an alt jersey made for the Colts. But...we have 2 colors to work with. Don't worry, you won't be run out of town. I did some designs of new Nike Colts jerseys a while back. Most people hated them, but i'm still here :). People don't want to stray from the classic blue and white. Personally, I don't see the harm in change for a game or two. 

These were my horrible ideas. 

Vkh7gmD.jpg

Ubs8LO7.jpg

I still like them

Nike is also offering players an integrated system of dress that also includes a new sock design and shoes, for those players that have Nike deals. The company says that its new apparel that goes under the uniform is lighter and stronger.

I always thought that a Dolphin was not a tough enough mascot for an NFL squad. You associate dolphins with warm weather, fishing, nice temperatures, & happy things. Not fear, intimidation, & pain. At least, jellyfish are translucent, glow in the dark [some varieties do anyway], & their toxins or bite isn't easily forgotten by anyone who crosses their path.

jellyfish-dangerous.jpg

8313331095_a18eb66fa8_o.png

Well..........

Don't let it happen again. haha

You would surely admit though...that from a business standpoint it makes a whole lot of sense though right? 

I'll give you two examples. Oregon Ducks and Seattle Seahawks

Oregon - That college makes BANK on having all of those crazy new Nike jerseys because everytime a new one is released, they fly off the rack on the west coast. These guys don't have an identity anymore. They embrace a change almost every week. I'm not advocating a change like this for the Colts...just pointing out that the majority, doesn't seem to have a huge problem with change in general.

Seattle Seahawks - I have two people that I know personally who are diehard Seahawks fans and have been since the Jim Zorn era. One of them loves the new jerseys. The other hates the new jerseys. Both of them are still fans and still pay to go to games. So let's say 50/100 Seahawks fans bought new jerseys. If jerseys are $100 a piece, the Seahawks just made $5000. Now let's be realistic and look at footage of a game in Seattle and see that the MAJORITY of people bought those new jerseys and wore them to the game...well, they made a ton of money by making new jerseys is all I'm saying.

My point is, from a business standpoint there is a huge benefit to adding new items for your fans to enjoy. The old fans will still be fans of the team, but most people love shiny new things and I guarantee if the Colts came out with a new jersey for one or two games, they'd sell like hotcakes my friend. But you'd still be a fan right? I'd still be a fan AND get to enjoy a breath of fresh air in this modern jersey era. If people stopped being Colts fans because they changed their jersey for 1-2 games out of the year, then they weren't much of a fan to begin with. 

So I still stand by my point. There is no harm and there is a benefit. Just not to you. :P

I always thought that a Dolphin was not a tough enough mascot for an NFL squad. You associate dolphins with warm weather, fishing, nice temperatures, & happy things. Not fear, intimidation, & pain. At least, jellyfish are translucent, glow in the dark [some varieties do anyway], & their toxins or bite isn't easily forgotten by anyone who crosses their path.

Because a Colt, a young male horse, inspires fear? haha

I actually really like the Jags new jerseys.  I think the color fade on the helmet looks awesome.