Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Jags, Dolphins, Vikings uniforms (merge)

Dustin

Sorry...these have "Arena Football" written all over them. Just need a big "EverBank" logo slapped on there across from the shield.

Wats wrong with that its 2013 and there not a team like the colts or bears or packers that have been in the league forever I have no problem with newer looking jerseys plus the Nike jerseys are sick I would understand if the colts or bears went this direction but its the jags lol

Wats wrong with that its 2013 and there not a team like the colts or bears or packers that have been in the league forever I have no problem with newer looking jerseys plus the Nike jerseys are sick I would understand if the colts or bears went this direction but its the jags lol

They just aren't aesthetically pleasing. They are trying to use a jumble of 4 different colors, some of which don't really compliment as intended (the gold). It's personal preference I guess... The good people at Nike swung and missed on this one in my opinion. The faded helmet is on the level of fail that Notre Dame's alt Helmet was on last year. Just find myself asking...."why?"

ZrDTv8y.jpg

They just aren't aesthetically pleasing. They are trying to use a jumble of 4 different colors, some of which don't really compliment as intended (the gold). It's personal preference I guess... The good people at Nike swung and missed on this one in my opinion. The faded helmet is on the level of fail that Notre Dame's alt Helmet was on last year. Just find myself asking...."why?"

ZrDTv8y.jpg

I'm not a fan of the helmet it's better to have a solid color and the little patch is kinda dumb IMO I would have put the jag logo on the sleeve like the eagles have but I don't understand wat ppl don't like about the colors it's just black gold and turquoise

W          the Nike jerseys are sick

I agree completely.

Of course my generation applies an entirely different meaning to the word "sick".

My opinion: Teal and black is a good combination if done right, but they have too much black. It's that whole "we may not be tough but at least our uniforms are" nonsense that most every other team in professional sports dabbled with, and than abandoned (thank goodness) some time ago. They just look dull. I also think that the gold on gold helmets are odd and ugly. All in all a weird and forgettable miss-mosh. I remain thank-full (for many reasons) that I'm not a Jaguars fan.

I'm not a fan of the helmet it's better to have a solid color and the little patch is kinda dumb IMO I would have put the jag logo on the sleeve like the eagles have but I don't understand wat ppl don't like about the colors it's just black gold and turquoise

It's not the colors, it's how you use them. The 2013 uniform is trying to do too much. These looked awesome last year.

yb2406q.jpg

Simple and clean. Gold does't like good right next to teal. That's why they use it next to black on their helmets. I think if they took the gold off the numbers and left it one color, it would be less harsh on the eyes. 

its not like the jags have a big history like other teams. id actually welcome a uni change. this is gonna shake a fell trees but our uni's are boring. getting ready to be run out of town

I totally agree with you I would be upset if a team with tons of history just jumped to modern jerseys but the jags are a more modern team why not get a modern jersey

It's not the colors, it's how you use them. The 2013 uniform is trying to do too much. These looked awesome last year.

yb2406q.jpg

Simple and clean. Gold does't like good right next to teal. That's why they use it next to black on their helmets. I think if they took the gold off the numbers and left it one color, it would be less harsh on the eyes.

My point is its not much gold it's a few little stripes on the shoulders and outline of the number but that's your opinion it's fine my original point was just how much ppl seem to not like a modern style jersey is all I was trying to say

its not like the jags have a big history like other teams. id actually welcome a uni change. this is gonna shake a few trees but our uni's are boring. getting ready to be run out of town

I actually wouldn't mind seeing an alt jersey made for the Colts. But...we have 2 colors to work with. Don't worry, you won't be run out of town. I did some designs of new Nike Colts jerseys a while back. Most people hated them, but i'm still here :). People don't want to stray from the classic blue and white. Personally, I don't see the harm in change for a game or two. 

These were my horrible ideas. 

Vkh7gmD.jpg

Ubs8LO7.jpg

My point is its not much gold it's a few little stripes on the shoulders and outline of the number but that's your opinion it's fine my original point was just how much ppl seem to not like a modern style jersey is all I was trying to say

I gotcha. I love the modern style jersey. i just have a problem with how they used the colors. But what do I know? I don't work for Nike.

I gotcha. I love the modern style jersey. i just have a problem with how they used the colors. But what do I know? I don't work for Nike.

I agree I too love modern style jerseys most hate them I also love the idea of different number styles I hate how everyone uses the same old boring numbers I like the jags new number look

I agree I too love modern style jerseys most hate them I also love the idea of different number styles I hate how everyone uses the same old boring numbers I like the jags new number look

yeah the number design is pretty cool...just needs to be one solid color or at least black/white outline. 

yeah the number design is pretty cool...just needs to be one solid color or at least black/white outline.

That's wat I was gonna mention there are some flaws IMO but its not really bad I would have stuck with white with black numbers and teal sleeves and then the black with white numbers with teal sleeves with the stripes on the shoulders being gold on all of them and the numbers outlined in teal on the white and black jerseys

I actually wouldn't mind seeing an alt jersey made for the Colts. But...we have 2 colors to work with. Don't worry, you won't be run out of town. I did some designs of new Nike Colts jerseys a while back. Most people hated them, but i'm still here :). People don't want to stray from the classic blue and white. Personally, I don't see the harm in change for a game or two. 

These were my horrible ideas. 

Vkh7gmD.jpg

Ubs8LO7.jpg

dont know how the gray works but the helmets are awesome