Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Barkley and Nassib in "two-horse race" for 8th overall pick.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7421/matt-barkley

WGR 550 Buffalo's Joe Buscaglia believes the Bills' pick at No. 8 overall is a "two-horse race" between Ryan Nassib and Matt Barkley.
Buscaglia is a plugged-in Bills beat writer and reporter. He says Buffalo "likes Barkley a lot," and it sounds like the two quarterbacks are neck-and-neck to go eighth overall. Because of their Nassib ties and his superior skill set to Barkley, we strongly suspect the Bills would prefer Nassib. In an ideal world, Buffalo would trade down in round one and still come away with a new QB

The Browns are reportedly looking for a new QB as well.

The Browns are reportedly looking for a new QB as well.

god i hate lombardi, im not saying weeden is all world beater but at least give him a shot...he was a high pick let him play...is like he sayed, as a media analyst, that weeden wasnt that good and now has to back it up by throwing him under the buss, like he already made his mind up...besides is not like he playeed poorly, browns have lots of holes and is not like there are much better options in this draft than weeden

god i hate lombardi, im not saying weeden is all world beater but at least give him a shot...he was a high pick let him play...is like he sayed, as a media analyst, that weeden wasnt that good and now has to back it up by throwing him under the buss, like he already made his mind up...besides is not like he playeed poorly, browns have lots of holes and is not like there are much better options in this draft than weeden

To me MCcoy was never given a fair shot, With the crap they called wr's he never had a chance, Same goes for Weeden now

To me MCcoy was never given a fair shot, With the crap they called wr's he never had a chance, Same goes for Weeden now

McCoy was terrible. He was inaccrurate, had a noodle arm, and was more timid in the pocket than Blaine Gabbert. He never once flashed anything that said he should be a starting QB in the league.

Weeden had a good receiving core, great pass blocking O-line, and a decent running game. He still sucked. 

McCoy was terrible. He was inaccrurate, had a noodle arm, and was more timid in the pocket than Blaine Gabbert. He never once flashed anything that said he should be a starting QB in the league.

Weeden had a good receiving core, great pass blocking O-line, and a solid running game. He still sucked. 

respectfully disagree there...besides he is a rookie he still should be given another year IMO

Weeden had a good receiving core, great pass blocking O-line, and a decent running game. He still sucked.

I agree terrible pick plus he was too old should have been a late round pick

Everyone said the same thing about Tannehill. He turned out pretty decent, and probably will continue to improve.

Wasn't he the 8th? You are going to tell me Tannehill was a better college QB than Barkley?

I think Barkley will be one of the better QB's in this class may not be great but I think on the right team he will be pretty good he might be more like Carson Palmer not great but good

I thought Buffalo was set to draft Chance Warmack.

If they take Barkley, that just means some player is going to fall to the Colts that otherwise wouldn't have.

I read on Bleacher Report that Arizona really likes DJ Fluker, not sure who the source was, but apparently like him enough to take him at #7 good.

I would love nothing more than some of these doormat teams to reach in their selections. It may really help the Colts.

Weeden had a good receiving core, great pass blocking O-line, and a decent running game. He still sucked. 

He was a 3rd round pick who was asked to start after 5 games coming into a team with crap for wr's(Most of them could not catch a cold) and he was given the boot after 24 games, 24  games for a 3rd round pick and you quit on him? are ya kidding me? ya picked him in the 3rd round which means PROJECT PLAYER. He was drafted into a bad team and clearly a bad organization as a whole, Besides, Hows Weeden doing? Not quite as good actually, 1003 yards less then Mccoy in only 9 less games, if he is lucky he will have a couple more td passes then Mccoy by the time he plays his 24th game (total number of games Mccoy played) but will have more picks

He was a 3rd round pick who was asked to start after 5 games coming into a team with crap for wr's(Most of them could not catch a cold) and he was given the boot after 24 games, 24  games for a 3rd round pick and you quit on him? are ya kidding me? ya picked him in the 3rd round which means PROJECT PLAYER. He was drafted into a bad team and clearly a bad organization as a whole, Besides, Hows Weeden doing? Not quite as good actually, 1003 yards less then Mccoy in only 9 less games, if he is lucky he will have a couple more td passes then Mccoy by the time he plays his 24th game (total number of games Mccoy played) but will have more picks

Right so what you're saying is to give 3 more years to a project QB that's inaccurate and skittish in the pocket because he may develop into an average player at some point? 

And you're right about Weeden. He sucks too. Probably just as bad as McCoy.

the 2011 team had Cribbs, Little and Massaquoi. none of which are #1's or #2's as there top 3 wr's, Only difference for Weeden last year was the addition of Josh Gordon only respectable wr they have, now I believe great QB's have the ability to make wr's better then what they really are, But Mccoy will never be one of them great players but combine that with Cribbs, Little and Massaquoi as your top 3 wr's (none of which could catch a cold let alone a football) and you got a QB that never had a shot from the start, what if we quit on Manning after 24 games for throwing 41 td's but 37 picks? As I said, he was a 3rd round pick, those players are 3rd rounders for a reason, In most cases they are not meant to start from day 1(or week 6 in Mccoys case)