Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kuharsky Schedule Analysis.....

NewColtsFan

I think we could have gone 11-5 with last years roster. We have made upgrades in most spots. I say at least 12-4. We will beat at least 1 of sf broncos and seahawks

well lets just hope we can beat em both, they are both home games lol. but Seattle i think will be tougher to beat then the broncos. the hawks really improved this off season both on defense and offense. and their defense was already scary good. honestly my opinion i think Seattle wins the NFC West at 13-3 but no worst then 12-4 and goes to the super bowl. so im hoping were one of the teams that gives them one of those losses lol. 

The Colts will win some they should probably lose & lose some they should probably win, that said I am thinking somewhere in the 10-6 12-4 range is realistic...

I think going 4-3 into the bye week is totally doable & i would consider that a success, with the schedule seemingly easier as the season progresses...

well lets just hope we can beat em both, they are both home games lol. but Seattle i think will be tougher to beat then the broncos.

I think it is the other way because the Seahawks are traveling east and playing the Colts when we are coming off a normal week. However, the Broncos get us on SNF after we come off a west coast MNF trip. Degree of difficulty probably is higher vs the Broncos because of that, IMO.

Plus, the Seahawks play a 1 p.m. ET game on the road vs the Texans that will be a physical game before playing another 1 p.m. ET game vs the Colts. Colts are in perfect position to pull an upset there, IMO. Seahawks don't get to play that many games around 1 p.m. ET

Just noted that the bye is in week 8.  Is it just me or is that not the best time for the bye week?  

Especially after a tough match-up against the Bronco's right before that on a short week.  Will be good to have that bye week's rest when we go into Houston in week 9. 

ESPN's Paul Kuharsky looks at the Colts 2013 schedule....

I think he's like the vast majority of us....  he thinks we received a very favorable schedule...

This is his take....

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/49145/indianapolis-colts-schedule-analysis-4

Looks pretty tough to me :thmup:

Heres stampede blue opinion, favorable, coltrs make playoff, heres analysis and yes its stampede blue

• Overall, the schedule isn't too tough.
  • There are some very good teams thrown in throughout,
  • but there is no way that the Colts shouldn't make the playoffs this year. Ok, now I'll go shut up because 
Also, check out Josh Wilson's look at the five most anticipated games of the season. ( LINK )

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/4/18/4240846/2013-indianapolis-colts-schedule

I think we go 13-3 at best, 11-5 at worst -- I have 2 expected losses, and 4 toss-ups (with a split vs. HOU)

Week 1: Oakland, W
Week 2:  Miami, W
Week 3: at San Francisco, L
Week 4:  at Jacksonville, W
Week 5: Seattle, toss-up, I expect a win, but we'll see -- will be interesting to see how our D holds up vs. SanFran, SEA, and DEN before the bye week.  I expect to learn a lot about Walden during this game
Week 6:  at San Diego, W
Week 7:  Denver, L
Week 8: BYE
Week 9: at Houston, toss-up -- I originally was thinking split with HOU, but having them away after our bye week might prove beneficial to us
Week 10: St. Louis, W
Week 11: at Tennessee, W
Week 12:  at Arizona, W
Week 13: Tennessee,. W
Week 14: at Cincinnati, toss-up -- I expect CIN to win AFC North, could be tough battle away at this time of year
Week 15: Houston, toss-up -- I expect us to win this one, being at home late in the year -- but it is hard to beat the same team twice in a year, I think we'll know more about this after our week 9 matchup
Week 16:  at Kansas City, W
Week 17: Jacksonville  W

While i agree, you tend to never hear negative things about certain teams. While we tend to have something always said about us. 

You might want to look around a bit more. Pretty sure I could find someone on every other nfl teams forum saying the same thing you said. Every team has a flaw and someone is going to point it out. Someones always saying something about the Pats defense, someone is always saying something about Flacco for the Ravens etc. etc.

I think we go 13-3 at best, 11-5 at worst -- I have 2 expected losses, and 4 toss-ups (with a split vs. HOU)

Week 5: Seattle, toss-up, I expect a win, but we'll see -- will be interesting to see how our D holds up vs. SanFran, SEA, and DEN before the bye week.  I expect to learn a lot about Walden during this game

Week 9: at Houston, toss-up -- I originally was thinking split with HOU, but having them away after our bye week might prove beneficial to us

Week 14: at Cincinnati, toss-up -- I expect CIN to win AFC North, could be tough battle away at this time of year

Week 15: Houston, toss-up -- I expect us to win this one, being at home late in the year -- but it is hard to beat the same team twice in a year, I think we'll know more about this after our week 9 matchup

I agree with most of this but I would put Denver as a toss up.

I think it is the other way because the Seahawks are traveling east and playing the Colts when we are coming off a normal week. However, the Broncos get us on SNF after we come off a west coast MNF trip. Degree of difficulty probably is higher vs the Broncos because of that, IMO.

Plus, the Seahawks play a 1 p.m. ET game on the road vs the Texans that will be a physical game before playing another 1 p.m. ET game vs the Colts. Colts are in perfect position to pull an upset there, IMO. Seahawks don't get to play that many games around 1 p.m. ET

i dont think one extra day is going to matter. it isn't like their going to be coming back from London or anything. they will get Tuesday off or part of the day off, and Wednesday and Thursday they practice, Friday do their walk through, Saturday go to the Hotel and sleep until 10, 11 AM Sunday morning before having to go to the stadium. 

as far as seattle goes, all but two of their home games are between 1 and 130 in the afternoon. when they go on the road if it isnt a prime time game (they have 4 prime time games) their games are played 1030  in the morning Seattle time when they go on the road except when they play in San Francisco. 

The time and day of the previous games wont be a factor for Denver or Seattle nor will it be a factor for the Colts. 

Houston is 0-11 in Indianapolis, i wouldn't necessarily put that as a toss up until they can win a game in Indy.I mean we beat them when we went 2-14 and we beat them last season when the game meant nothing to us, but a lot to Houston. there is something about them playing in Indy that is not going their way. I guess that is what makes the rivalry so good now. 

And I wouldnt be so quick in saying Denver is going to beat Indy either. I honestly believe the colts could beat Denver at home. and if the offense goes as plan in using the run mostly to set up play action the OC likes to do, alot of clock will be ran off the clock meaning less time for manning to be on the field. 

I largely agree with your scenario.  Though, I'm willing to concede a loss to Seattle.  

But, something in my bones makes me think we will beat Denver.

Overall, I think 11-5, if not 12-4.

I said it in another post the other day... I had an image of Luck beating Manning in the AFC Championship game (in Denver) where Manning shakes Luck's hand at the end of the game saying "good luck in the super bowl, young one"...

I think that Denver will put up the most points on our D in the regular season and Pagano will adjust accordingly.  I don't think Peyton is a bad outdoor/cold weather player.. I just think that we will be able to beat them in Denver in the cold outdoors.