Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins and Rutgers WR Mark Harrison responsible for trashed Hotel Room.

This could hurt his stock.

Thrashing a hotel room like a child doesn't show signs of maturity, something that every team looks for in a prospect.

I'm not sure if it will, but it could and I think it will. 

This could hurt his stock.

Thrashing a hotel room like a child doesn't show signs of maturity, something that every team looks for in a prospect.

I'm not sure if it will, but it could and I think it will. 

I think it will.  Particularly this year, when the WR talent as a whole is bunched together pretty closely.   There's Tavon Austin and Patterson, who are just a tad bit better than the rest (although not a whole lot better).  Then, there are about 10-12 guys in the next tier (including Hopkins) who carry about the same draft grade.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hopkins fell all the way to the third round.  I mean, why would you pick Hopkins when you can pick one of the other 10-12 guys with comparable talent, but without the potential character issues?

okay...

i didnt even read it but trashing a hotel room? cmon nothing illegal with that. you can't be young anymore i guess..

"urine and feces scattered about the bathroom, toothpaste on the mirror and garbage strewn about the room. Among the garbage was partially eaten food left on one of the beds."

Sheeze...... You should have seen the dorm common areas at my college....... That was every day

I and made it up to french fry guy level 2 in my job........

Just 20 more years...... And I am sure I am gonna be somone......

I really hope Hopkins falls to later rounds.........

Just right to grab by the Colts.....

I am ready to start any rumour neccessary.......

I heard that Hopkins was co-horting with the north korean dictator.......Nobody should draft him!

It's one thing for the players to deny it.....

But they're the ones who were the last ones in the room....

So if they didn't do it,  then they need to offer an answer as to who did???

I've seen Hopkins in interviews and he seems like a great kid...   so this is surprising....

But ticking and shi!!ing in a room is completely unacceptable.

So,  who did it and why and how without the players knowledge??    These kids needed to say more than just.... "I didn't do it"

with

in most years teams might take a pass but with a weak WR class probably not

Well, sort of weak, but not really.  It lacks top end talent... which we don't care about because we're not picking top 10.  But it's incredibly deep in the next level, with lots of 2nd round talent guys probably getting picked in later rounds.

I wouldn't touch Hopkins or Allen in 1st at this point. Not 100%, but I feel like Austin & Patterson will have been picked by 24. If we are picking WR (which I think we should ill explain next paragraph) to me it comes down to Hunter or Woods. Though Hunter has the size we all want, I think Woods is a way better player. Woods was very consistent, hasn't had a torn ACL like Hunter, and comes off to me as a younger Reggie Wayne with a little better speed.

Why should we go WR? OL has been addressed, and it's easier to find late round & UDFA starters there. Defense has been addressed at every level. DL, LB, CB, S starters have all been added. We need a playmaker. Look at DEN & GB. When you have top level QBs, it's important to give them high end weapons. We need another WR besides DHB going forward. For me, Woods is the guy. Can't wait til this time next week.

I wouldn't touch Hopkins or Allen in 1st at this point. Not 100%, but I feel like Austin & Patterson will have been picked by 24. If we are picking WR (which I think we should ill explain next paragraph) to me it comes down to Hunter or Woods. Though Hunter has the size we all want, I think Woods is a way better player. Woods was very consistent, hasn't had a torn ACL like Hunter, and comes off to me as a younger Reggie Wayne with a little better speed.

Why should we go WR? OL has been addressed, and it's easier to find late round & UDFA starters there. Defense has been addressed at every level. DL, LB, CB, S starters have all been added. We need a playmaker. Look at DEN & GB. When you have top level QBs, it's important to give them high end weapons. We need another WR besides DHB going forward. For me, Woods is the guy. Can't wait til this time next week.

Why wouldn't you touch Allen?

okay...

i didnt even read it but trashing a hotel room? cmon nothing illegal with that. you can't be young anymore i guess..

Yeah, because urinating all over the room and leaving feces in places other than the toilet constitute a pass for young people... :sarcasm:

4.7 forty, torn up knee, failed drug test at combine. He didn't dominate the way Woods did against the exact same PAC 12 CBs.

He ran a 4.7 on a knee that'll be 100% by the start of the season and he didn't fail a drug test.

Grigso/Pagano have talked about building this team with the right guys. Character is obviously important to them. Now, I don't know how these guys came off in private interviews. Maybe they did enough to overcome this. My guess though, we won't draft immature young men like this. Where is the character? This is the biggest job interview of your life. And that's also why I do t want Keenan Allen. Dude couldn't stop smoking pot for a month before the combine.

He ran a 4.7 on a knee that'll be 100% by the start of the season and he didn't fail a drug test.

There isn't proof he didn't fail. Of course his agent is going to come out & defend/deny these reports. His money is affected by where Allen is picked & the contract he gets. The fact that Allen's name has come up is a red flag. Media isn't out to ruin prospects lives.

There isn't proof he didn't fail. Of course his agent is going to come out & defend/deny these reports. His money is affected by where Allen is picked & the contract he gets. The fact that Allen's name has come up is a red flag. Media isn't out to ruin prospects lives.

He had too much water in his system. Because he drank too much water he's now a drug fiend? Can you provide me with anything that showed that he took drugs?

He had too much water in his system. Because he drank too much water he's now a drug fiend? Can you provide me with anything that showed that he took drugs?

Having "too much water" I'm your system is a sign of pot smoking.

I've smoked a lot of pot in my life. Hell, to be honest I've even passed a drug test with fake urine before.

I've talked about it with a lot of different people, on ways to cheat drug test.

Drinking obscene amounts if water does something pot smokers consider to be "diluting" your urine. I've heard it can work. I've never tried it.

This is pure speculation on my part but Allen probably smokes pot and probably tried to get his urine clean by basically over dosing his system with water. Doesn't mean I'm right, but I'm telling you the fact his name came up is a red flag.

Having "too much water" I'm your system is a sign of pot smoking.

I've smoked a lot of pot in my life. heck, to be honest I've even passed a drug test with fake urine before.

I've talked about it with a lot of different people, on ways to cheat drug test.

Drinking obscene amounts if water does something pot smokers consider to be "diluting" your urine. I've heard it can work. I've never tried it.

This is pure speculation on my part but Allen probably smokes pot and probably tried to get his urine clean by basically over dosing his system with water. Doesn't mean I'm right, but I'm telling you the fact his name came up is a red flag.

I understand why he was red-flagged, but saying that he "failed a drug test" is totally inaccurate. Maybe he just thirsty. And even if he did smoke, I'm not going to pass over a superior talent for that. It's the same reason Randy Moss dropped and GMs have been kicking themselves for that since '98.

Randy Moss & Keenan Allen aren't in the same league. I wouldn't have passed on Moss either. I remember that draft. I was just a kid & thought the Titans were DUMB to pick Kevin Dyson over Moss.

I think you missed my point. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Alec Ogletree

Very nice LB....and he had a DUI so that works for the Bengals too. :)

Seriously....I wouldn't mind if we snagged Ogletree.

Anyway, I think Hopkins has probably bounced himself out of the 1st round.

It's more the stupidity factor than anything....I'm mean, right AT the Combine?