Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Atlanta falcons want to trade up in the draft

TheBlueAndWhite

As stated in the title. I think we might be able to work something out with them. From what i read on nfl.com they wan't to trade down in the draft to get a good cornerback. Rhodes and Trufant are who they are targeting. If rhodes or trufant are availible when we pick and the falcon's want to trade. Would you trade the 24th overall pick for their 30th and 3rd round picks ?. Discuss

As stated in the title. I think we might be able to work something out with them. From what i read on nfl.com they wan't to trade down in the draft to get a good cornerback. Rhodes and Trufant are who they are targeting. If rhodes or trufant are availible when we pick and the falcon's want to trade. Would you trade the 24th overall pick for their 30th and 3rd round picks ?. Discuss

I read that earlier today as well. I would be willing to move back, as it keeps us having a first round pick (extra signing year), if the players Grison want are off the board.

From 24 to 30? Noooo, that means I'd have to wait even LONGER to see who we take on draft night. And plus we're already shorthanded in the picks department, we're in no position to be trading away unless we're getting in the early part of the 2nd round

From 24 to 30? Noooo, that means I'd have to wait even LONGER to see who we take on draft night. And plus we're already shorthanded in the picks department, we're in no position to be trading away unless we're getting in the early part of the 2nd round

We'd still get 3rd rounder from trading back to go along with pick 30.

ummm your post is different from your title. you said in the title they want to trade up (which would make sense) but in your post you said they want to trade down?? lol im just poking some fun, i knew what you meant.....anyway i wouldnt trade for their 30th and 3rd, but maybe our first, 6th and comp. 7th round pick for their first and 3rd or late round 2nd pick. sounds crazy i know, but if their that much in need of trading up, you try to get what you can out first lol. 

TK....

Read what you just wrote.    Then read it again.

Do you understand that if we trade back,  the Colts gain MORE picks?   

So, commenting that we're already shorthanded makes me think you believe we're losing picks in this deal.   That's only if we trade UP.    If we trade DOWN,  we gain picks.    That's the trade-off.   Moving down you gain picks.   Moving up you lose them.

You follow?

I'm not telling you which way to support,  only that you seemed confused over the process...

TK....

Read what you just wrote. Then read it again.

Do you understand that if we trade back, the Colts gain MORE picks?

So, commenting that we're already shorthanded makes me think you believe we're losing picks in this deal. That's only if we trade UP. If we trade DOWN, we gain picks. That's the trade-off. Moving down you gain picks. Moving up you lose them.

You follow?

I'm not telling you which way to support, only that you seemed confused over the process...

I know how the draft works. But why give up 24 for 30 & a LATE 3rd? That makes no sense

Yes he was. But why get a late 3rd? If they wanna move up, I say we take their 2nd. Hustle them. How bad do they wanna move up?

I doubt that their front office is that inept. They could just move up to 23 and give up their 1st and 3rd. I'd rather get picks that gives us more depth and a potential starter.

A 1st and 2nd is what you give up to get into the top 18. They're not going to give up that much. 

On NFL network tonight (Wed), Casserly thinks they want to move into the #25 range to get one of the top safeties.

They don't have the ammo to move up for Vaccaro but they would give their 3rd to get to #24.

That would be strange. They don't need a SS and other than Vaccaro no other FS is considered a first rounder.

I doubt that their front office is that inept. They could just move up to 23 and give up their 1st and 3rd. I'd rather get picks that gives us more depth and a potential starter.

A 1st and 2nd is what you give up to get into the top 18. They're not going to give up that much.

You never know. Anything can happen on draft day. But a 24 for 30 & a late 3rd just doesn't make sense to me. Yeah it's more picks but I just don't like it. Now if it was early 3rd like where the cowboys or Panthers are.... then that's different

Lots of good value players will be available in the 2nd & top of the third... If Grigs could swing a trade to get a couple picks in that range to score any combination of OLB, G, & S/CB that would be cool...

just thinking out loud on here...

That's what I'm saying! The top part of the 3rd, not the later parts like 30 from the Falcons

In my perfect scenerio I would like to see us trade back with the 49ers 34/61 or with Cincy for 37/53. In both scenerios we might have to throw like a 2014 4th rounder in to make the compensation work but that would allow them to get two first rd picks each and allow us to get a very very early second rd pick and a middle to late second rd pick that we lost to Miami. I think there will be PLENTY of value there in the second rd as I don't think the difference in the quality of player we get at 24 would be much different than at 34 or 37....and then we get an additional second rounder that could step in and contribute right away. As it looks now....we will have one player that should be able to contribute right away out of this draft and then that 3rd rounder....well thats a long shot.... I think in rds 1 and 2 you get immediate impact players...and this allows us to do that.

It depends on who they are targeting for our first pic. If they think whoever would still be there at 30, then go for it. Pics 30,86,92,121 etc. Looks better than 24, 86, 121 etc.. Only if that first pic is still going to be there.  It's a gamble!!

ummm your post is different from your title. you said in the title they want to trade up (which would make sense) but in your post you said they want to trade down?? lol im just poking some fun, i knew what you meant.....anyway i wouldnt trade for their 30th and 3rd, but maybe our first, 6th and comp. 7th round pick for their first and 3rd or late round 2nd pick. sounds crazy i know, but if their that much in need of trading up, you try to get what you can out first lol. 

You can't trade compensatory picks. You are forced to use it.

In my perfect scenerio I would like to see us trade back with the 49ers 34/61 or with Cincy for 37/53. In both scenerios we might have to throw like a 2014 4th rounder in to make the compensation work but that would allow them to get two first rd picks each and allow us to get a very very early second rd pick and a middle to late second rd pick that we lost to Miami. I think there will be PLENTY of value there in the second rd as I don't think the difference in the quality of player we get at 24 would be much different than at 34 or 37....and then we get an additional second rounder that could step in and contribute right away. As it looks now....we will have one player that should be able to contribute right away out of this draft and then that 3rd rounder....well thats a long shot.... I think in rds 1 and 2 you get immediate impact players...and this allows us to do that.

I agree if we can get the CIN deal done I would be so happy