Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most underated prospect and most overated prospect

Godeepreggie

Under Damontre Moore

Over: Geno Smith

honorable mention  for overrated Xavier Rhodes, i see him mocked at #12 overall, every top scout i see talk about him gives him a very late to mid second round grade, he had a great combine but all i hear is hes a man to man guy and cant do much else great,  but at 24 i still like him and dont think he would be a reach

Underrated: Mingo (Didn't know who he was until you guys told me. Haven't heard anything about him on NFLN)

Overrated: Geno Smith (He's on my TV everytime I turn it on)

I would say Mingo is overrated. He's too raw for my taste.

Under Damontre Moore

Over: Geno Smith

honorable mention  for overrated Xavier Rhodes, i see him mocked at #12 overall, every top scout i see talk about him gives him a very late to mid second round grade, he had a great combine but all i hear is hes a man to man guy and cant do much else great,  but at 24 i still like him and dont think he would be a reach

What? Nobody has a mid to late 2 grade on him, and he does more than just man coverage. Great in press and tackling.

What? Nobody has a mid to late 2 grade on him, and he does more than just man coverage. Great in press and tackling.

i was watching kiper and mcshay the other day, one of them had him there, and was shocked there was talk about him being picked at 12, he was a late 1st to mis 2ns before the combine and suddenly he runs well and suddenly he shoots up so high? to me thats overrated, i still think hes gonna be a good corner but dont buy into combines as much as some ppl do

i was watching kiper and mcshay the other day, one of them had him there, and was shocked there was talk about him being picked at 12, he was a late 1st to mis 2ns before the combine and suddenly he runs well and suddenly he shoots up so high? to me thats overrated, i still think hes gonna be a good corner but dont buy into combines as much as some ppl do

He didn't rise because of the combine, he didn't have a great combine, just what was expected of him. That's not why this board is so high on him.

Underrated: Mingo (Didn't know who he was until you guys told me. Haven't heard anything about him on NFLN)

Overrated: Geno Smith (He's on my TV everytime I turn it on)

isnt mingo the one who doesnt like to train in the weight room and has his games where he plays lazy?? or is that montgomery??

He didn't rise because of the combine, he didn't have a great combine, just what was expected of him. That's not why this board is so high on him.

he did have a great combine, and after that all the mocks shot him up to miami or tb, his pro day wasnt so good, i dunno im just going by what im hearing scouts say

Idk lol

yeah mingo run defense is weak, struggles to shed blocks, needs to work on his pass rushing moves, lacks the strength for the NFL, and his work ethic...

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013bmingo.php

Montgomery - is the last one off the snap, not fast or explosive around the edge, as mingo he has a bad reputation of work ethic, need to improve pass rushing all around, awareness, and double teams are effective against him. 

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013smontgomery.php

the only thing i really have against these two are the poor work ethics. the other stuff could be fixed im sure. but out of the two id prefer mingo over montgomery. 

I don't get it. How can it be "yet to be determined" if a player is underrated coming into the draft or not.

If they say a player is underrated and he is a bad nfl player,then he wasn't. same a overrated.To say a player is rated one way or another is yet to be determined until he plays. you can say he WAS but not he IS.

Overrated: Cordarelle Patterson (got nothing on Allen and Austin, and him being compared to Julio Jones is laughable) and Bjoern Werner

Underrated: Montee Ball (IMO, the best RB in the NFL next year in this class) 

he did have a great combine, and after that all the mocks shot him up to miami or tb, his pro day wasnt so good, i dunno im just going by what im hearing scouts say

Even before the combine, many saw him as a 20s pick. The combine helped him, but he didn't have a medioric rise because of it. He was never a mid-late 2nd round pick. 

Overrated: Cordarelle Patterson (got nothing on Allen and Austin, and him being compared to Julio Jones is laughable) and Bjoern Werner

Underrated: Montee Ball (IMO, the best RB in the NFL next year in this class)

I think so as well. He might have a better year than Eddie Lacey, but of course it all depends on what teams they go to.

Even before the combine, many saw him as a 20s pick. The combine helped him, but he didn't have a medioric rise because of it. He was never a mid-late 2nd round pick. 

it was a typo on my part, it meant to say late 1st to mid 2nd, and yes i have seen scouts say that prior and have saw some of that, since his pro day wich i heard he didnt do too well

it was a typo on my part, it meant to say late 1st to mid 2nd, and yes i have seen scouts say that prior and have saw some of that, since his pro day wich i heard he didnt do too well

Gotcha.

He didn't really do anything at his pro day, and from I heard he did nothing to hurt his stock. 

Rhodes is easily the 2nd best CB in this draft, and should be gone by the mid-teens. 

I don't get it. How can it be "yet to be determined" if a player is underrated coming into the draft or not.

Simple. Teo goes in top 20.....he is overrated, IMO. He goes 46 or lower, I wouldn't consider that overrated.

If the player you choose fell a round farther than you expected, would they still be overrated?

Simple. Teo goes in top 20.....he is overrated, IMO. He goes 46 or lower, I wouldn't consider that overrated.

If the player you choose fell a round farther than you expected, would they still be overrated?

I thought we were going off of where they were projected to go. As in like most boards have Damontre Moore going in the bottom of the 1st/top of the 2nd. I beleive that he should be going in the middle of the first. I thought that was what OP meant.

Overrated : Milliner

Underrated.: darick Rogers

I wouldn't say that Rogers in underrated. A lot of people consider him to be one of, if not the best, WR in this draft. It's his off the field issues that have him dropping so low.

I thought we were going off of where they were projected to go. As in like most boards have Damontre Moore going in the bottom of the 1st/top of the 2nd. I beleive that he should be going in the middle of the first. I thought that was what OP meant.

Gotcha. Each year there are more opinions out there on rankings. Man I would love to have 30 minutes with Grigson in a tell all conversation about this 24th pick.