Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Uh oh, Arthur Jones used the "dream team" designation for Ravens

chad72

Well, this signing certainly replaces Kruger.  Assuming Doom remembers how to play 3-4 OLB, him and Suggs should be a great pair.  All they need now is a Safety, and an ILB, and the defense is fine.  Like the article said, I could see them signing Dansby.

But yeah, I'm not sure i'd throw the phrase "dream team" around.

They added a couple nice players after they lost 6 defensive starters, but their secondary is in horrible shape. I think they take a serious step back.

I'm not sure about a dream team, but the defensive line is totally upgraded over last year. Check out how many running backs had 100 yards on the Ravens. As far as secondary, they have Ladarius Webb coming back off injury, who didn't play the last 2/3 of the season. He is their best cornerback. They also have jimmy Smith back, as well as Corey Graham, and Chaykie Brown at corner. Raiders safety Michael Huff is coming into Baltimore for a visit, and if Ozzie can get him at the right price, you can add another piece to the puzzle. The Ravens are coming back !!!

I'm not sure about a dream team, but the defensive line is totally upgraded over last year. Check out how many running backs had 100 yards on the Ravens. As far as secondary, they have Ladarius Webb coming back off injury, who didn't play the last 2/3 of the season. He is their best cornerback. They also have jimmy Smith back, as well as Corey Graham, and Chaykie Brown at corner. Raiders safety Michael Huff is coming into Baltimore for a visit, and if Ozzie can get him at the right price, you can add another piece to the puzzle. The Ravens are coming back !!!

They have lost some serious leadership with Reed and Ray Ray being gone, but you're right, they could be in better shape than I originally thought they would be.

They have lost some serious leadership with Reed and Ray Ray being gone, but you're right, they could be in better shape than I originally thought they would be.

I agree with you. I like what the Raven's are doing, but there is definately a passing of the guard of leadership. It was very comforting to have Ray and Ed there all those years. They were great leaders. I don't see Suggs as the leadership type, so my main hope is with Flacco, who Ray said at the Super Bowl is now the leader of the Ravens. With Flacco, expect a more calm, Johnny Unitas style of leadership, versus Ray's rah-rah type.