Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vote for Luck in the Madden Cover Vote!

LeRyan07

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RG was only special because of his running ability.  His future glory depends on how accurate he is in the pocket, imo.  We shall see.  

I'm in agreement with that.  Without his running he might just be a mediocre QB.  

But what I'm referring to is the personality that gets guys like him in advertisements and on Madden covers and things like that.  While the first requirement for an athlete to do this stuff is to be pretty good, the other requirement is to have a personality that matches.  Peyton has that personality, RG3 has that personality.

Andrew Luck doesn't.  

RG3 is just more comfortable looking in front of a camera then Luck ever has been.  Luck just looks a little awkward.  No big deal, I'd rather have Luck as my QB. I'm just saying no matter how good he becomes, he's not likely to be crushing it in the advertising dollars or getting on Madden covers. 

RG3 has the personality for that sort of stuff and he will be the face of the NFL so long as he plays decent.  

I'm in agreement with that.  Without his running he might just be a mediocre QB.  

But what I'm referring to is the personality that gets guys like him in advertisements and on Madden covers and things like that.  While the first requirement for an athlete to do this stuff is to be pretty good, the other requirement is to have a personality that matches.  Peyton has that personality, RG3 has that personality.

Andrew Luck doesn't.  

RG3 is just more comfortable looking in front of a camera then Luck ever has been.  Luck just looks a little awkward.  No big deal, I'd rather have Luck as my QB. I'm just saying no matter how good he becomes, he's not likely to be crushing it in the advertising dollars or getting on Madden covers. 

RG3 has the personality for that sort of stuff and he will be the face of the NFL so long as he plays decent.  

Yep. And maybe Cam can get some of the attention if he matures and actually starts getting his team into the playoffs as well lol.

RG was only special because of his running ability.  His future glory depends on how accurate he is in the pocket, imo.  We shall see.  

Pretty ridiculously accurate, more so than either of his fellow rookies.  Issue with Griffin is going to be comfort with and speed of his reads.

I'm in agreement with that. Without his running he might just be a mediocre QB.

But what I'm referring to is the personality that gets guys like him in advertisements and on Madden covers and things like that. While the first requirement for an athlete to do this stuff is to be pretty good, the other requirement is to have a personality that matches. Peyton has that personality, RG3 has that personality.

Andrew Luck doesn't.

RG3 is just more comfortable looking in front of a camera then Luck ever has been. Luck just looks a little awkward. No big deal, I'd rather have Luck as my QB. I'm just saying no matter how good he becomes, he's not likely to be crushing it in the advertising dollars or getting on Madden covers.

It's not Lucks personality, it's his face and smile.

Pretty ridiculously accurate, more so than either of his fellow rookies. Issue with Griffin is going to be comfort with and speed of his reads.

Do you feel it in your bones when someone posts the words "RG3"?

Have you seen the mugs of manning and griffin?

You know I see that from guys on the internet all the time and they think Peyton is kind of ugly.  But my wife think's he's pretty attractive and thinks the dudes on the internet are nuts.

And she's not saying that out of some love Peyton either cause she's not really much of a pro-football fan at all.  Certainly not the Colts.  

All she knows about the NFL is "Jacksonville sucks" because she lived in Jacksonville, FL for a while and everyone told her their team sucks.

I tend to take her word for it on the attractiveness of other men.  

I think rg3 is the full package. Physically gifted, fantastic intangibles, great accuracy. Could be the best qb in the he league soon. But who would I rather have in the fourth quarter of the Superbowl with the colts 10 points down? Luck all the way.

Robert Griffin III is surely born to be a great qb, but Luck is born to win football games.

I think rg3 is the full package. Physically gifted, fantastic intangibles, great accuracy. Could be the best qb in the he league soon. But who would I rather have in the fourth quarter of the Superbowl with the colts 10 points down? Luck all the way.

Robert Griffin III is surely born to be a great qb, but Luck is born to win football games.

He's got all that, AND a twice busted knee. :haha:

But...don't great QBs win football games? :hmm:

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Luck isn't a great quarterback. I'm just saying he's more than just an ideal skill set.

I wasn't saying he was great either lol. But I think I get what you are trying to say.

Do you feel it in your bones when someone posts the words "RG3"?

Yes.

Also, I generally like reading the Colts-specific threads and occasionally will comment on them.  For whatever reason, you guys just REALLY like to talk about our QB in your section, though, so I can't help but to blindly stumble into it at times. ;)

Yes.

Also, I generally like reading the Colts-specific threads and occasionally will comment on them. For whatever reason, you guys just REALLY like to talk about our QB in your section, though, so I can't help but to blindly stumble into it at times. ;)

haha no worries, I was just having some fun.

The offseason is so long. Gotta do something to entertain ourselves.

Though I've been around the Internet and it turns out the Skins like to talk about our guy too lol.

haha no worries, I was just having some fun.

The offseason is so long. Gotta do something to entertain ourselves.

Though I've been around the Internet and it turns out the Skins like to talk about our guy too lol.

Yeah.  I mean, same thing goes with Seahawks fans.  It was kind of inevitable... but I'm pretty sure you guys started it :thmup:

Luck doesn't have the Charisma to make the Madden cover.  

As long as he doesn't outright suck, RG3 is going to be the face of the NFL for as long as he's in the league and he's gonna be crushing it in advertising dollars.  He just has a more camera friendly personality then Luck does.  

That's ok I'd rather have Luck taking the snaps in Indy.  

How can you call yourself a colts fan.  yet be all up on RGIIIs jock like this?

How can you call yourself a colts fan. yet be all up on RGIIIs jock like this?

as much as some Colts fans might not want to hear it he's right.

All he is saying is RG3 is more charismatic than Andrew. I think most that aren't blind homers would agree with that.

With that said tat as nothing to do with how they play QB. As his last seems to suggest he thinks Luck is the better payer than RG3.

Hey as far I'm concerned being able to be good in front of the camera and all that media Jazz is not what Im concerned about my QB being good at. I'm more concerned that we have a QB who is 110% committed to developing himself as a QB and perfecting his craft. One who is always studying and who always wants to be better and win championships. That's what I want my QB to be great a and I'm positive our QB is dedicated to these things. That's what really matters. RG3 can have all the camera glory and public fame he wants. Its not gonna get him more wins or championships!

as much as some Colts fans might not want to hear it he's right.

All he is saying is RG3 is more charismatic than Andrew. I think most that aren't blind homers would agree with that.

With that said tat as nothing to do with how they play QB. As his last seems to suggest he thinks Luck is the better payer than RG3.

OK I can see that he has more charisma.  I miss understood/  Thinking he was saying he is a better qb