Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts get one compensatory pick.

MTC

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/03-18-13-compensatory-draft-picks.pdf

We receive a 7th round pick (254th). I believe that is the last pick in the draft. Disappointing we didn't get other picks but no surprise.

Update:

Indianapolis awarded the final compensatory pick of the 2013 draft, meaning the Colts will be crowning this year's Mr. Irrelevant.

We have Mr. Irrelevant for the second year in a row. wow

Don't understand how comp picks work really... We lost Wheeler, Tamme, Garcon, & Saturday.

All did well with the exception of Saturday...

They counter who you lose with who you gain. Our gains outweighed our losses last season, I think. I'm surprised we got a pick at all.

Don't understand how comp picks work really... We lost Wheeler, Tamme, Garcon, & Saturday.

All did well with the exception of Saturday...

The players we got didn't do much worse either. Colts and Giants got  comp picks even though they did not suffer a net player loss.

Here is from the doc

"Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The 

formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this 
formula. 
Two clubs this year (Indianapolis and the New York Giants) will each receive a compensatory pick even though they did 
not suffer a net loss of compensatory free agents last year. Under the formula, the compensatory free agents lost by 
these clubs were ranked higher than the ones they signed (by a specified point differential based upon salary and 

performance)." 

They counter who you lose with who you gain. Our gains outweighed our losses last season, I think. I'm surprised we got a pick at all.

I think we received a pick only because they give out 32 and we must have just barley squeezed the last one out. Last year we had this same pick as there were only 31 comp picks awarded so they give the 32nd to the team picking 1st in the draft.

I think we received a pick only because they give out 32 and we must have just barley squeezed the last one out. Last year we had this same pick as there were only 31 comp picks awarded so they give the 32nd to the team picking 1st in the draft.

Right, that's usually the way it goes. You give the leftover picks out, but they start with the team picking first. That's not us.

I haven't really looked at the whole list, and don't care to. Doesn't matter to me why we get a pick, but it's a plus that we do.

idk actually. im probably wrong. but i remember they had 14 before the compensatory and now they were given a 4,7,7 so i guess they have 17

I didn't see the two 7th rounders. That would make 17.

Just keep in mind that you can't trade compensatory picks.

Pretty sure they had 12 to start with and were figured for the 3 comp picks . So that brought the figure to 15 and now is 14 with the Boldin trade. No way they had aquired 7 extra picks going into this draft

Pretty sure they had 12 to start with and were figured for the 3 comp picks . So that brought the figure to 15 and now is 14 with the Boldin trade. No way they had aquired 7 extra picks going into this draft

They had 14 picks prior to the Smith trade. Plus 1 for Smith, minus 1 for Boldin, plus three compensatories = 17.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-have-stock-piled-plenty-2013-draft-picks

Right, that's usually the way it goes. You give the leftover picks out, but they start with the team picking first. That's not us.

I haven't really looked at the whole list, and don't care to. Doesn't matter to me why we get a pick, but it's a plus that we doyep

Yep

but i remember them talking about how they had 15 picks ( before the boldin trade) then 15(through trades)-1(boldin)+3(compensatory) = 17 (total picks).

They had 14 picks prior to the Smith trade. Plus 1 for Smith, minus 1 for Boldin, plus three compensatories = 17.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-have-stock-piled-plenty-2013-draft-picks

C'mon man of steel , you know the old man is never wrong. Why would you want to argue with me ? Look a little closer.

From your link.....

1. First round: Own pick

2. Second round: Own pick

3. Third round: Own pick

4. Third round: From Carolina in trade-back during 2012 draft

5. Third round: Likely compensatory selection

6. Fourth round: Own pick

7. Fifth round: Own pick

8. Fifth round: From Indianapolis in trade-back during 2012 draft

9. Sixth round: Own pick

10. Sixth round: From Miami in trade-back during 2012 draft

11. Seventh round: Own pick

12. Seventh round: From Cincinnati for Taylor Mays

13. Seventh round: Likely compensatory selection

14. Seventh round: Likely compensatory selection

C'mon man of steel , you know the old man is never wrong. Why would you want to argue with me ? Look a little closer.

From your link.....

1. First round: Own pick

2. Second round: Own pick

3. Third round: Own pick

4. Third round: From Carolina in trade-back during 2012 draft

5. Third round: Likely compensatory selection

6. Fourth round: Own pick

7. Fifth round: Own pick

8. Fifth round: From Indianapolis in trade-back during 2012 draft

9. Sixth round: Own pick

10. Sixth round: From Miami in trade-back during 2012 draft

11. Seventh round: Own pick

12. Seventh round: From Cincinnati for Taylor Mays

13. Seventh round: Likely compensatory selection

14. Seventh round: Likely compensatory selection

You're right. Reading is fundamental.

Change is that they didn't get a third; they got a fourth.