Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be a dumb question but how reliable is George Bremer?

Don't know but I think when they were looking for the trade it was before they knew Hasselbeck would be on the market.  It will be interesting to see how much that changes thing.  It could very well be that the Colts just wait till the draft to address the WR spot now. 

Hey if we get the WR, we get him. If not, I'd be just as happy with Datone Jones, Jesse Williams, or Margus Hunt in round 1, and WR in round 3. It's a deep class and there'll be at least one 2nd round caliber prospect that slips to our 3rd rounder. The dropoff between DE's is much more steep than the dropoff between WR's.

Don't know but I think when they were looking for the trade it was before they knew Hasselbeck would be on the market.  It will be interesting to see how much that changes thing.  It could very well be that the Colts just wait till the draft to address the WR spot now. 

thanks

I did not recognize the name

Hey if we get the WR, we get him. If not, I'd be just as happy with Datone Jones, Jesse Williams, or Margus Hunt in round 1, and WR in round 3. It's a deep class and there'll be at least one 2nd round caliber prospect that slips to our 3rd rounder. The dropoff between DE's is much more steep than the dropoff between WR's.

agreed

Shifting gears....insurance policies are VERY valuable...makes your pillow softer at night..                George Bremer ‏@gmbremer

Never mind. @bkravitz confirms the "mystery" deal is still afoot. #Colts

Easy enough to understand. Still waiting for the other team to do something.

The nba does have a salary cap. Most teams go over it but few by much. The difference in payroll is minimal in the nba compared to say the Yankees and Pirates. The deal with the NBA is it only takes a couple great players with max contracts to get together and then put role players around them to win it all. Also in the NBA rookies can have a huge immediate impact. You can get a guy in the first rd that starts and be a big contributor to add to a team that has big contracts and stars. The deal with the NBA is superstars are willing to get together and go where the market is big because they know endorsements will more than make up for what they give up in salary. Lets be real...the Heat's salaries aren't much different than the Pacers as a team...its just some teams have learned to market their cities to players to make up for salary....but SA has done quite well over the years. Orlando made it to the championship...OKC....its just that the top teams stay at the top...more so than the NFL.

That's what I'm saying.  A small market team has that small window to make it to the championship.  They have the first 3 years of the star's rookie contract and then the 4 years after they match the offer.  After that, they better hope that star doesn't jet and most of the time they do.  It's every rare the star even signs an extension.  But no, the salaries of the Heat and Pacers are VERY different, the Pacers JUST got up into the cap because of the Hibbert contract.  The Heat have been over the cap ever since the big 3 came on.

And TBH, SA has done so well because they have been blessed with the best GM, one of the best coaches in history, a superstar in TD, and great allstars in Gino and TP.  OKC got lucky with Durant and Westbrook.

And the NBA is built so that the "good" teams stay at the top.  Most of the time, the good teams are the ones that spend the most money.  It's only a few team that are good and don't spend much money, but like I said, they are fortunate to have a good foundation.

See the NFL cancelled that all out with the Hard Cap.  It's all on the player if they get endorsements or not.  Like Polamalu, he plays in freaking Pittsburgh and had an endorsement with Head and Shoulders (or was it Old Spice?).  It doesn't matter what city you play in.  Also, the NFL has a very good system with TV deals where it doesn't really which city/team you play with, you will get some type of exposure.  In the NBA, it's the complete opposite.  Big market teams get all the TV shine, all of the endorsements, etc.  Only way you can get money in a small market is if the team is good, and we all know that will only last for so long.  Trust me, OKC will soon feel the heat of the Luxury Tax and will have to let either Westbrook or Durant go.  The first victim was James HArden.  If it was a big market team in that situation, they would have resigned Harden and went into the luxury tax with no worry.

I wonder why the details of the deal hasn't leaked out yet.  Most of the time we get "Such and such are in negotiations over this player." 

But it's like no one knows what's going on, just that a deal is happening.

Well fi you believe Kravitz it sounds like the Colts are still waiting on the other end to figure out if they want to do the deal or not.  That could be why.  The other side might not be ready to make it known yet rather it be a player or team.

I wonder why the details of the deal hasn't leaked out yet. Most of the time we get "Such and such are in negotiations over this player."

But it's like no one knows what's going on, just that a deal is happening.

That's wat I wanna know there is always someone that knows something but this deal has been so secretive it's odd

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay

Shifting gears....insurance policies are VERY valuable...makes your pillow softer at night......

I'm guessing this means about the Hasselbeck signing.

Yeah.  I don't think we are looking for a back up WR.  At least I would hope it didn't take five days (well seven now) to sign a guy who is going to be a back up WR!

Well fi you believe Kravitz it sounds like the Colts are still waiting on the other end to figure out if they want to do the deal or not.  That could be why.  The other side might not be ready to make it known yet rather it be a player or team.

They are sure being tight lipped about it.  Irsay should write music.