Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

so, do you guys think we are done in FA?

trueblueblood

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still have the draft.. I'm thinking either guard,defensive line or WR round 1.

I think that with the signings we've made, we're able to just draft BPA, but yeah, all of those positions can definitely still be upgraded. We definitely need to draft our number 2 (and future number one) receiver in the draft so him and luck can start working together early in their careers

I think that with the signings we've made, we're able to just draft BPA, but yeah, all of those positions can definitely still be upgraded. We definitely need to draft our number 2 (and future number one) receiver in the draft so him and luck can start working together early in their careers

We do not need to draft 1 this year it can wait BPA is definately the way to go in draft we do not need to reach for an WR or DL in this draft .Just draft BPA and we will be fine does anyone see any serious problems on our d or o at the moment?

We do not need to draft 1 this year it can wait BPA is definately the way to go in draft we do not need to reach for an WR or DL in this draft .Just draft BPA and we will be fine does anyone see any serious problems on our d or o at the moment?

i think our d is set, i would like to get some more o line though

I could see Moore, Slauson, or Schwartz brought in at guard (I think they are all still on the market)...

Although Moore is sorta old he could be a decent stop-gap for a year or two...

Not sure how Grigs & Pagano feel about Slauson I suppose he could be viewed as having off field issues, or just a locker room headache...

Not sure how great Schwartz is, but cant be worse than McGlynn...

but they seem like the best free agent options left at the Guard position...

Maybe Grigs digs up the best linemen from the CFL... Who knows...

i think our d is set, i would like to get some more o line though

We still have some big bodies that havent been tried on O-line yet I know its a priority but we have already made our o-line much better.I just dont think we sign another guard yet we may but i dont think we will.

We still have some big bodies that havent been tried on O-line yet I know its a priority but we have already made our o-line much better.I just dont think we sign another guard yet we may but i dont think we will.

You're probably right, but it would be nice. I really want either warmack or Cooper in the draft

One, what you think is a reach may not be to Grigson depending in his evaluation of needs for the team. And I've never understood BPA. If the BPA is a QB, are we gonna draft him, or a running back? Probably not. You draft BPA based on your needs. Which is up to the the GM and coach to determine. Not some nobody who thinks they know what's best for a team they have no influence over. ( that goes for every fan of every team, not you specifically)

I could see Moore, Slauson, or Schwartz brought in at guard (I think they are all still on the market)...

Although Moore is sorta old he could be a decent stop-gap for a year or two...

Not sure how Grigs & Pagano feel about Slauson I suppose he could be viewed as having off field issues, or just a locker room headache...

Not sure how great Schwartz is, but cant be worse than McGlynn...

but they seem like the best free agent options left at the Guard position...

Maybe Grigs digs up the best linemen from the CFL... Who knows...

I would definitely like to get one of those guards. Moore or Schwartz would be my 1st choice, but maybe Grigson finds another guy out of nowhere. I'm am absolutely stoked about this offseason so far and we haven't even got to the draft yet.

I would definitely like to get one of those guards. Moore or Schwartz would be my 1st choice, but maybe Grigson finds another guy out of nowhere. I'm am absolutely stoked about this offseason so far and we haven't even got to the draft yet.

I would love to snatch up one more of those guards as well. Could potentially get our final starter with Moore or Schwartz, or at the very least O line depth. To be honest, I was obsessing over the draft to build our team. But after the last 2 days of FA, I am feeling pretty confident. Draft BPA and it's just icing on the cake. I wouldn't mind drafting a top WR to develop with our young core though.

I would love to snatch up one more of those guards as well. Could potentially get our final starter with Moore or Schwartz, or at the very least O line depth. To be honest, I was obsessing over the draft to build our team. But after the last 2 days of FA, I am feeling pretty confident. Draft BPA and it's just icing on the cake. I wouldn't mind drafting a top WR to develop with our young core though.

Yeah I agree, I said in another thread that we addressed more spots of weakness than I ever thought we would through free agency. Everything else we get from here on out is just a big bonus. Grigson hit a grandslam IMO this week.

Yeah I agree, I said in another thread that we addressed more spots of weakness than I ever thought we would through free agency. Everything else we get from here on out is just a big bonus. Grigson hit a grandslam IMO this week.

We are def. The winners of fa thus far. And of course, nobody is talking about us. What a shock...

It's so refreshing to hear someone else who is stoked about everything that transpired. I mean our team looked tough as nails last year, and we made substantial upgrades at many areas of weakness. I'm ecstatic about the potential of our D with Landry and Bethea patrolling the outfield (with Landry blowing people up in the box), Redding and RJF setting the edge, a solid LB corps, solid corners, and lastly acquiring some protection for Luck. Heck, now we can go out and get Luck some new toys in the draft or just bolster another position.

Yep I think we're done with FA this offseason. On to the draft.

Speaking of the draft, am i the only one who really likes tyrann mathieu? Granted he had some serious off field issues, but he plays really hard, fast, and with a lot of intensity. Also, he has more to prove than anyone in the draft, and players with a lot to prove and that have great motivation are the best players to have imo. Not to mention he's very, very talented.

It's so refreshing to hear someone else who is stoked about everything that transpired. I mean our team looked tough as nails last year, and we made substantial upgrades at many areas of weakness. I'm ecstatic about the potential of our D with Landry and Bethea patrolling the outfield (with Landry blowing people up in the box), Redding and RJF setting the edge, a solid LB corps, solid corners, and lastly acquiring some protection for Luck. Heck, now we can go out and get Luck some new toys in the draft or just bolster another position.

Yeah, I can't believe how much we've gotten better the last 3 days. Our defense is going to be a strength and I can't remember the last time I could say that. Bring on the season, I'm ready.

"the Colts have only four cap numbers north of $5 million in 2014." -Paul Kuharsky

That's very good to hear.

So is that for the entire team or those we just signed. I doubt it means every player, but it does mean another huge cap space next year. Goodnight! We're gonna be beast mode.

We are def. The winners of fa thus far. And of course, nobody is talking about us. What a shock...

Think Grigs did extremely well, but Pioli & Sapp discussed our day one moves on the NFL network & Cowherd said we killed in our day one moves, so while Seattle, Miami, & Denver may be being talked about more, I wouldn't say people haven't taken notice that the Colts got better this week...

Think Grigs did extremely well, but Pioli & Sapp discussed lur day one moves & Cowherd said we killed in our day one moves, so while Seattle, Miami, & Denver may be being talked about more, I wouldn't say people haven't taken notice that the Colts got better this week...

yeah, the colts never get any coverage anyway though. kinda frustrating

I am not sure I agree with this. I think we did an excellent job and are one of the winners, but I think the Broncos may have done better than us. Perhaps I feel this way because they had a more complete team than we do going into free agency. But, if I had to pick a winner as of Thursday early evening I would say its the Eagles and Broncos.