Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

so the starting defense is

CR91

Davis                            Landry                                        Bethea                                           Toler

Mathis                     Angerer                        Freeman                      Walden

Redding                            Chapman                      Francois

looks good to me

Replace Angerer with Butler in nickel situations vs passing teams.

Run D for our division, pass D to play elite teams, seems to be the mantra since the Peyton days with Arian Foster, MJD, and CJ2K in our division. Now, we deal with Shonn Greene too.

Yup, that's what it is. Not bad, we SHOULD be great against the run. Hopefully the passrush surprises me, because it doesn't look too great on paper.

I hear you, but I believe that having a much more stout D line will also help make it easier for our LB's to get pressure. Walden's no sack machine, but he is definitely capable of applying pressure and getting to the QB. Plus, having a solid D line will make our corner/safety blitzes more effective as well. Man, I just wana see Landry blast a QB, truck-stick style. 

i think you mean walden. I'm sure whalen would be a terrible olb

me either you must be like me hoping OC brings in Griff for WR spot he looked great in pre -season dont care what anyone says.He was taking big hits had glue fingers really would like to see the underdog make the roster. and with our WR corps Grigs and Pags must already be thinking the same thing.Or they see a big body at 24 they like.

me either you must be like me hoping OC brings in Griff for WR spot he looked great in pre -season dont care what anyone says.He was taking big hits had glue fingers really would like to see the underdog make the roster. and with our WR corps Grigs and Pags must already be thinking the same thing.Or they see a big body at 24 they like.

i have no doubt griff will be playing on peps offense next year

Starters

QB-Luck

RB-Brown/Ballard rotate, dont matter who starts

WR1-Wayne

WR2-Hilton

WR3-Whalen

TE1-Fleener

TE2-Allen

LT-Castonzo

LG-Frederick

C-Satele (I dont see Grigson biting the bullet on Satele)

RG-Thomas

RT-Cherilus

Defense

RDE-Redding

NT-Chapman(Hoping he is healthy, I am very skeptical)

LDE-Moala

ROLB/DE-Mathis/Okafor/Brandon Jenkins rotate (If we trade down into the 2nd round then either Okafor or Jenkins)

ILB1-Freeman

ILB2-Angerer

LOLB-Hughes (He earned his chance to prove himself as the starter plus you have to see what he can do as a first round draft pick starting 1 season in my opinion or your just wasting him and I would rather have Walden rotate because the year he was a full time starter he did not establish himself in GB)

CB1-Davis

CB2-Rhodes(If we draft Rhodes)

CB3-Butler

SS-Landry

FS-Bethea

Starters

QB-Luck

WR1-Wayne

WR2-Hilton

WR3-Whalen

TE1-Fleener

TE2-Allen

LT-Castonzo

LG-Frederick

RG-Thomas

RT-Cherilus

Defense

RDE-Redding

LDE-Moala

ROLB/DE-Mathis/Okafor/Brandon Jenkins rotate (If we trade down into the 2nd round then either Okafor or Jenkins)

ILB1-Freeman

ILB2-Angerer

LOLB-Hughes (He earned his chance to prove himself as the starter plus you have to see what he can do as a first round draft pick starting 1 season in my opinion or your just wasting him and I would rather have Walden rotate because the year he was a full time starter he did not establish himself in GB)

CB1-Davis

CB3-Butler

SS-Landry

FS-Bethea

I like most of what you have; however, Thomas is a LG not right. Also, Walden and Ricky Jean Francois are going to be starters. I know many of you may disagree, but they are not getting paid what they are to ride the pine. To me I think its clear that Hughes has officially been declared bench fodder, and Moala will be rotational depth along the D line. Lastly, Toler will be starting CB 2 (Unless like you said, we draft a highly touted CB prospect). 

doubt we are paying Toler 5 mil per year to be the 4th corner

Starters

QB-Luck

WR1-Wayne

WR2-Hilton

WR3-Whalen

TE1-Fleener

TE2-Allen

LT-Castonzo

LG-Frederick

RG-Thomas

RT-Cherilus

Defense

RDE-Redding

LDE-Moala

ILB1-Freeman

ILB2-Angerer

CB1-Davis

CB3-Butler

SS-Landry

FS-Bethea

doubt we are paying Toler 5 mil per year to be the 4th corner

I agree unfortunately he is overpaid for what he has done so far in the league in my opinion, ya ultimately want to put the best players you can out on the field, Im not convinced that Toler yet but I am going back and watching games he started

Starters

QB-Luck

WR1-Wayne

WR2-Hilton

WR3-Whalen

TE1-Fleener

TE2-Allen

LT-Castonzo

LG-Frederick

RG-Thomas

RT-Cherilus

Defense

RDE-Redding

LDE-Moala

ILB1-Freeman

ILB2-Angerer

CB1-Davis

CB3-Butler

SS-Landry

FS-Bethea

couple of questions.  Where is Francois?  Who is Fredrick?  Why no toler in your cb depth chart?  (not that i'm sold on toler just curious.  Most everything else i agree with.

I like most of what you have; however, Thomas is a LG not right. Also, Walden and Ricky Jean Francois are going to be starters. I know many of you may disagree, but they are not getting paid what they are to ride the pine. To me I think its clear that Hughes has officially been declared bench fodder, and Moala will be rotational depth along the D line. Lastly, Toler will be starting CB 2 (Unless like you said, we draft a highly touted CB prospect). 

He proved he wasn't camp fodder last year, some players have to get into the flow of a game(actually start) to produce, thats how Hughes produced last year, he was given a few starts, I think we should see what he can do over a full 16 starts

couple of questions.  Where is Francois?  Who is Fredrick?  Why no toler in your cb depth chart?  (not that i'm sold on toler just curious.  Most everything else i agree with.

No sold on Francois starting yet although his 4 year 22 mill contract all but says he is the definite starter going forward, I think it should be a battle between him and Moala and maybe even a drafted 3-4 DE

He proved he wasn't camp fodder last year, some players have to get into the flow of a game(actually start) to produce, thats how Hughes produced last year, he was given a few starts, I think we should see what he can do over a full 16 starts

That is certainly a possibility; however, I just think Walden is our starter. He is very athletic and has a higher ceiling imo. I didn't say Hughes was camp fodder, rather that he is bench fodder. I believe there is a big difference, as camp fodder type players generally do not make the 53 man roster. I was referencing the fact that I believe JH to be a solid rotational depth type player, given that I don't believe he has what it takes to be an impact starter. I don't mind Jerry, I just believe Walden to be the one to win the gig. It's all speculation, so this is obviously just the thoughts of an uninformed fan. 

I agree unfortunately he is overpaid for what he has done so far in the league in my opinion, ya ultimately want to put the best players you can out on the field, Im not convinced that Toler yet but I am going back and watching games he started

In the NFL you don't pay for what they did but what you think they're going to do, plus if you like a certain player, the market will control the price.

That is certainly a possibility; however, I just think Walden is our starter. He is very athletic and has a higher ceiling imo. I didn't say Hughes was camp fodder, rather that he is bench fodder. I believe there is a big difference, as camp fodder type players generally do not make the 53 man roster. I was referencing the fact that I believe JH to be a solid rotational depth type player, given that I don't believe he has what it takes to be an impact starter. I don't mind Jerry, I just believe Walden to be the one to win the gig. It's all speculation, so this is obviously just the thoughts of an uninformed fan. 

Yeah my bad about the camp fodder thing, I also believe he is our starter but the year he started in a 3-4 in GB as a OLB he only had 3 sacks and 60 tackles through 15 starts thats 1 less sack and only 19 more tackles in 10 more starts then Hughes got last year, Hughes produced, he showed signs, ya cant demand a player produce and not give him consistent starts to do so while just putting him for several but sporadic plays a game its just illogical

In the NFL you don't pay for what they did but what you think they're going to do, plus if you like a certain player, the market will control the price.

Unfortunately I know, also I disagree on how smart that is to do, Im a pay for production guy not a pay for a fast 40 kinda guy

Walden>Hughes because he's good at using his hands to shed blockers, one of Jerry's major weaknesses.

If he was not so good at then how did he produce the way he did?, Where Hughes is inconsistent is his wrapping up the ball carrier/holder 

If he was not so good at then how did he produce the way he did?, Where Hughes is inconsistent is his wrapping up the ball carrier/holder 

Hughes got better using his arms but he's not there yet. Jerry got the production he got just from speed and a decent motor.

I think I'm understanding this the way you intended.

Yeah my bad about the camp fodder thing, I also believe he is our starter but the year he started in a 3-4 in GB as a OLB he only had 3 sacks and 60 tackles through 15 starts thats 1 less sack and only 19 more tackles in 10 more starts then Hughes got last year, Hughes produced, he showed signs, ya cant demand a player produce and not give him consistent starts to do so while just putting him for several but sporadic plays a game its just illogical

Your logic definitely makes sense. It is also possible that I'm fostering the "grass is greener on the other side" mentality. I am just hoping one of the teo rise to the occasion. I'd rather have a solid D on my team than a right post in a forum haha.

Unfortunately I know, also I disagree on how smart that is to do, Im a pay for production guy not a pay for a fast 40 kinda guy

I'm not sure if any of these guys had a fast 40. I think they looked at how well these guys played with the playing time they had and made an estimation on how they would do if they were starters. I don't base quality on 40 times alone either.

He has a lot of uside apparently. Physical and will stick his nose in there. Lets just hope his upside shows and he stays healthy