Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Grigson`s patience pay off?

SOMDColtsfan

I believe Ryan Grigson is still playing a mean game of poker. If the Colts don`t sign another free agent they are still better than the 11 win team of last year with yesterdays signings. Bernard Pollard for instance was just released this morning. Who else might come available nobody expected? The Dolphins for example have "over spent" on a back up LB and a 1 dimensional WR. Time is on our side here now and I believe the asking prices will come down as Grigson waits and makes his moves. This "reload the monster" isn`t a 1 year deal!

Well you look at the state of the Dolphins and how stupid Ireland has been as their GM.  The only reason he kept his job this season was because of Tannehill.  Who I don't think has as high of a ceiling as everyone thinks.  I've talked to several people and heard several people say that they think his season this year may be as good as it gets.

Ricky Jean Francois will be here today sometime as well as Laron Landry, and according to an article somebody posted here, we still might sign Avril.

Francois is supposed to be very interested in Indy along with Landry.  I would like the Avril signings because i've heard he can play both outside linebacker and DE.  Would hope he plays opposite Mathis and Wheldan was just a backup (i'm ok given that i've heard only 4 mil of that contract is guaranteed)

Well you look at the state of the Dolphins and how stupid Ireland has been as their GM. The only reason he kept his job this season was because of Tannehill. Who I don't think has as high of a ceiling as everyone thinks. I've talked to several people and heard several people say that they think his season this year may be as good as it gets.

Cause Tannehill sucks!!! He's a WR playing QB!!! I don't know what made them think he was a 1st rounder

I don't think Grigson is done by any means of getting players.

I think we will grab a few guys in the next couple days, and maybe one or 2 after the draft, if needed.

Yeah. If one thing he has shown, he'll sign a guy whenever and from wherever he wants. We're all kind of caught up because the league year began yesterday but Grigson will continue to make moves regardless.

Cause Tannehill sucks!!! He's a WR playing QB!!! I don't know what made them think he was a 1st rounder

It is the Dolphins.  Honestly they'd be in much better shape if the fired Ireland, who is known for his poor decision making and player signings.. I mean the first thing you do is trade Brandon Marshall for 2 second rounders?!?  Stupid...

It is the Dolphins. Honestly they'd be in much better shape if the fired Ireland, who is known for his poor decision making and player signings.. I mean the first thing you do is trade Brandon Marshall for 2 second rounders?!? Stupid...

Exactly!! Might as well sent him to us. Why send him to bummy Cutler??!!!

Francois is supposed to be very interested in Indy along with Landry.  I would like the Avril signings because i've heard he can play both outside linebacker and DE.  Would hope he plays opposite Mathis and Wheldan was just a backup (i'm ok given that i've heard only 4 mil of that contract is guaranteed)

Honestly, I would rather not sign Avril and put that money towards more O-line help. I think Walden may be better than what any of us know. Definitely want Francois and Landry though.

This is why I don't understand why people are mad that we didn't sign any big names. Look at all the top teams in the league..... how many of them really makes splashes in FA??

Money has to be distributed evenly to make a good team. You don't pay a guy like Mike Wallace $60 million when he can easily be taken out the game. If Revis stays on the Jets, Wallace will be invisible TWICE each year. The Dolphins aren't even my team & I'm frustrated by that signing!!

Honestly, I would rather not sign Avril and put that money towards more O-line help. I think Walden may be better than what any of us know. Definitely want Francois and Landry though.

What o-line help is still out there though?  I mean Moore could come in for a year and give Ijalana another year to heal or to coach up a rookie we draft.  I don't know of any centers out there that would be an upgrade over what we have.

Ricky Jean Francois will be here today sometime as well as Laron Landry, and according to an article somebody posted here, we still might sign Avril.

If we could get Francois, Avril on a much more favorable contract than has been reported prior to FA, either Landry or Pollard and possibly another FA solid-but-not-superstar OG then I don't see how we don't come out the winners of FA.  I'd still say we win even if we don't get Avril but he would definitely be the thick layer of icing on the cake if we got him at a reasonable price. :)

What o-line help is still out there though?  I mean Moore could come in for a year and give Ijalana another year to heal or to coach up a rookie we draft.  I don't know of any centers out there that would be an upgrade over what we have.

Moore, Matt Slausen, Geoff Schwartz just to name a few. I think we'll be fine at center with better guard play.

If we could get Francois, Avril on a much more favorable contract than has been reported prior to FA, either Landry or Pollard and possibly another FA solid-but-not-superstar OG then I don't see how we don't come out the winners of FA.  I'd still say we win even if we don't get Avril but he would definitely be the thick layer of icing on the cake if we got him at a reasonable price. :)

I agree completely and is exactly what I want to see happen. Francois, Landry/Pollard, and Brandon Moore, Matt slausen, or Geoff Schwartz for another guard and this offseason has been an absolute grand slam IMO. 

Moore, Matt Slausen, Geoff Schwartz just to name a few. I think we'll be fine at center with better guard play.

Not a fan of Slausen.  Which could be because I have him in my Madden league and he blows regardless of the fact that i keep improving him.. Moore would be a nice one or two year contract to allow Ijalana to heal up or coach along a guy we draft.  I don't know anything about the last guy.

a winning team with cap space is very attractive to veterans that may only have a year or two of top play left and want a chance for a sb. their leadership and skills will come at a bargain price for a year or two until colt young players are ready to take their place. i really think the colts are in a great position. you just have to be patient now.

Not a fan of Slausen.  Which could be because I have him in my Madden league and he blows regardless of the fact that i keep improving him.. Moore would be a nice one or two year contract to allow Ijalana to heal up or coach along a guy we draft.  I don't know anything about the last guy.

Slausen isn't great but I think we need another guy that can compete for the other guard spot over Reitz and McGlynn. Moore would be my top choice.

Except for the fact that Tannehill had a decent first year.   Not great,  but certainly not bad either.

Put another way,  if Tannehill stayed in school and came out this year,  he'd be the top QB in the 2013 draft and he might even be the top player to be drafted overall.

He doesn't suck that bad.......

Except for the fact that Tannehill had a decent first year.   Not great,  but certainly not bad either.

Put another way,  if Tannehill stayed in school and came out this year,  he'd be the top QB in the 2013 draft and he might even be the top player to be drafted overall.

I agree...I think Tannehill has a ton of potential but I thought he would have been better served by not starting from day one.  He did surprise me though and played a lot better than I thought he would have.  Things really worked out well for him.  If Weeden had been 5 years younger, Wilson was 3" taller or Foles had stayed at Michigan State then Tannehill, with his lack of experience, could have wound up being a 3rd or 4th round pick.  Instead the stars aligned just right for him and he went #7 overall.  I wish him well and agree with you that he certainly doesn't suck.  Lots of potential but still very raw. 

:)

I agree...I think Tannehill has a ton of potential but I thought he would have been better served by not starting from day one.  He did surprise me though and played a lot better than I thought he would have.  Things really worked out well for him.  If Weeden had been 5 years younger, Wilson was 3" taller or Foles had stayed at Michigan State then Tannehill, with his lack of experience, could have wound up being a 3rd or 4th round pick.  Instead the stars aligned just right for him and he went #7 overall.  I wish him well and agree with you that he certainly doesn't suck.  Lots of potential but still very raw. 

:)

Foles was out of Arizona, not Michigan State.  Kirk Cousins was from Michigan State and was a senior.

Except for the fact that Tannehill had a decent first year. Not great, but certainly not bad either.

Put another way, if Tannehill stayed in school and came out this year, he'd be the top QB in the 2013 draft and he might even be the top player to be drafted overall.

lol why does he suck...??

he played great for the team he had.

Except for the fact that Tannehill had a decent first year. Not great, but certainly not bad either.

Put another way, if Tannehill stayed in school and came out this year, he'd be the top QB in the 2013 draft and he might even be the top player to be drafted overall.

No, Tannehill sucks. No if's and's or buts about it. You don't take a guy who played QB for one year in the 1st round. But, if the Dolphins wanna fail for another decade, that's them. And I don't understand why they're letting Matt Moore ride the bench. I think he's better than Tannehill but the fact that you can't really take a QB in the 1st round & let him ride the bench (unless you're Locker)

Thats my point tho, players are getting waived and released each and evey hour. Willie Colon released by Pittsburg this morning, there could be others coming down the pipeline and fall right into our hands..cheap!

Francois is currently in Philadelphia. I do not believe we get a shot at him unless he turns down the Eagles or vice versa.

Francois is currently in Philadelphia. I do not believe we get a shot at him unless he turns down the Eagles or vice versa.

I heard that too, but this article says something different....

The first move would be signing Ricky-Jean Francois. His first choice was with the Philadelphia Eagles and said if he didn’t have a deal before he left Philly he was heading to Indianapolis to make a deal. Well, the Eagles went elsewhere and now Francois is headed to Indianapolis.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/03/12/indianapolis-colts-team-could-make-trio-blockbuster-moves-soon/