Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Grigson`s patience pay off?

SOMDColtsfan

I hope it's true. Francois would be a great pickup.

I agree! One of the things that has made New England so competitive over the years, though I pray they lose every year, has been their ability to add players with versatility. The articles I have seen on Francois indicate he is very versatile to play both the DT and DE positions, but also the NT when needed.

as per Ian rapport  avril still very well in our sights still the leader in his sweepstakes ! love hearing that

Mike Chappell @mchappell51

Just exchanged texts with someone who should know and was told #colts not in play at this point for Cliff Avril. I trust the voice.

The Dolphins also signed ex Colts LB Philip Wheeler, who IMO  was always a step behind on every play.

I like that Grigson is semi-aggressive, but also laid back. He's watching everyone splurge their money quickly. Like the Browns & Dolphins have already.

I'm liking this strategy. I'm thinking our "Splash" may come tomorrow or today

Foles was out of Arizona, not Michigan State.  Kirk Cousins was from Michigan State and was a senior.

Believe me, I know all about Foles. That's why I know that he started out at Michigan State his freshman year.  He then transferred to the University of Arizona and redshirted in 2008.  A few weeks into 2009 he became the starter and was the starter all through 2010 and 2011.  That's why I said if he'd stayed at Michigan State.  

If Foles had stayed at Michigan State then he still would have been a senior in 2011 (assuming he redshirted somewhere along the line) and, imo, would have been the starter over Cousins because personally I never thought too highly of Cousins.  That year, Michigan State had a pretty solid running game and a pretty good defense so, with Foles at QB, I think they could have easily been ranked in the top 5-10.  Being on a highly ranked team and in the national spotlight would have vaulted Foles, imo, into the top QB discussion last year.  He was already considered at one point as the 3rd best QB behind Luck and RG3 but then fell again after a poor pro day.  I don't think he would have fallen as far as he did if he'd actually been on a good college team and had a winning record like I believe he would have if he'd have stayed at Michigan State.

:)

Patience is a virtue. I do remember Grigs saying that he's not gonna go sign big name guys right off the bat. I was very disappointed at first when they made the first FA signing with Cherilus, but you have to realize, they're still making good moves, filling in holes in the defense and the O Line. You can pay a big name guy a lot of money (similar to what Miami is doing) but how can you be sure they'll be worth all of it until the season starts? Grigson is playing it smart I think, and hopefully it pays off in the end.