Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson's comments on FA signings

MTC

http://sulia.com/channel/philadelphia-eagles/f/26e7d6f5-5410-44f4-898d-f54ab296ad7a/?source=twitter

“Chuck and I have a vision and we want players who love the game, play snap-to-whistle and do all of the little things to achieve greatness,” said Grigson. “Those traits are prevalent in all of the players we signed today. They love the game and play at a high level. They are team players and their focus is to dominate the person across from them every snap. That showed in the film and we agreed as a staff that these guys fit the mold of what we are trying to accomplish here. At the end of the day, we wanted players who would mesh well with our current roster and with one another. We feel these guys undoubtedly fit that style.”

7 minutes ago

Yeah, remember that wheeler guy? Sucked for us, went out to raiderland and put on a show. Or how about that Jennings guy? Don't be so quick to dismiss walden. He played us like a beast in case some of you forget

Walden is going to be the best of this first signing crew...mark my word....the kid pressures the QB...

Glad to know hustle an heart can get you 16 million. Looks like I'm up next, guys!

Read up on him....2nd to Matthews two years in a row in pressures.....he got a payday similar to other LBs that were doing less.  Cannot be worse than our very own D Free was the last two years for around 28 million...

Read up on him....2nd to Matthews two years in a row in pressures.....he got a payday similar to other LBs that were doing less.  Cannot be worse than our very own D Free was the last two years for around 28 million...

This one is not so kind: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/12/2013-free-agency-live-blog-day-1/

Another one from the Colts who have announced they’ve signed out bottom ranked 3-4 outside linebacker from 2012, Erik Walden. His pass rushing was pitiful, turning his 369 pass rushes into just 23 quarterback disruptions, while blowing contain on a number of occasions in the run game. Packers fans are united in being the most happy about this move.

Not sure about you but I felt we would have probably gotten hungry guys from the draft to play OLB with much less damage to the roster salary paid out. Of course, Grigson has earned the benefit of doubt but this one, I am definitely on the fence and Walden has to blow it out of the water for me to change course.

This one is not so kind: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/12/2013-free-agency-live-blog-day-1/

Another one from the Colts who have announced they’ve signed out bottom ranked 3-4 outside linebacker from 2012, Erik Walden. His pass rushing was pitiful, turning his 369 pass rushes into just 23 quarterback disruptions, while blowing contain on a number of occasions in the run game. Packers fans are united in being the most happy about this move.

Not sure about you but I felt we would have probably gotten hungry guys from the draft to play OLB with much less damage to the roster salary paid out. Of course, Grigson has earned the benefit of doubt but this one, I am definitely on the fence and Walden has to blow it out of the water for me to change course.

2nd to Matthews....two years in a row....I guess he sucks too...looks like the writer loved Colt bashing a little too...

Time will tell...

IMO PFF is garbage, but anyway, I like the signings so far.  We've signed a bunch of guys who are lightly regarded, but for stupid reasons.  Cherilus and Toler are guys who are quite proficient and whom advanced stats suggest are very effective.  Walden is a very talented guy who fits the system.

2nd to Matthews....two years in a row....I guess he sucks too...looks like the writer loved Colt bashing a little too...

Time will tell...

Offenses know where Clay Mathews is, they chip him, they double him more than any other OLB on that Packers squad. Once Mathews was injured, their pass rush went back to pitiful. That is what a difference maker does. Once Clay Mathews went down, if Erik Walden was anything close to Clay Mathews' talent, the pass rush difference would not have been considerable.

Like you said, time will tell and like I said, I will still give Grigson the benefit of doubt here.

Just a FYI: PFF gave Samson Satele a good rating last season.

Heh, case in point.

Anyway, I'm not saying that Walden's metrics are good, because they're kinda not, but he's got some good talent and a great motor, and he's sorta built like a Mathis type guy, so I think there's a really good chance this one pans out for us.  It may be a bit speculative right now, but it's a good fit with a high ceiling.

2nd to Matthews... on the Packers, not league wide. 

pretty good to be second to....

NFL.com talking about liking Walden now along with the 2 offensive lineman...called Walden the "pass rusher" unlike PFF's glowing write up...'pitiful...."  HMMMM.  Who is correct?  My vote is Pags and Grigs.

As I said...time will tell...need to learn more about the guys we have not seen a lot of...

Offenses know where Clay Mathews is, they chip him, they double him more than any other OLB on that Packers squad. Once Mathews was injured, their pass rush went back to pitiful. That is what a difference maker does. Once Clay Mathews went down, if Erik Walden was anything close to Clay Mathews' talent, the pass rush difference would not have been considerable.

Like you said, time will tell and like I said, I will still give Grigson the benefit of doubt here.

I am with ya...I just have read more good and heard more good than bad...other than the alleged assault.  The PFF was the worst I read....

Amazing how different eyes write different things....and draw different conclusions...I am definitely with your "benefit of the doubt statement..Pags and Grigs!!   :thmup:  I am rooting big time for Walden! :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

I'm fine with it too, as long as its not at the expense of missing out on someone. I just don't want us to get caught sleeping. Know what i mean?

Yeah I understand your point. But I'm sure we have a list right now. We've been under the radar today. Maybe tomorrow we make a splash

Read this. Maybe you'll feel better.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-walden-due-for-a-raise-jb7ilmb-178262421.html

Yeah I understand your point. But I'm sure we have a list right now. We've been under the radar today. Maybe tomorrow we make a splash

Me too, maybe a starting-caliber corner opposite of Davis, (toler could be 3rd, depending on whether or not we resign butler) a guard like moore, and I'dlove goldson or Landry. Our secondary would be beast.

Me too, maybe a starting-caliber corner opposite of Davis, (toler could be 3rd, depending on whether or not we resign butler) a guard like moore, and I'dlove goldson or Landry. Our secondary would be beast.

I guess you missed the thread. We re-signed Butler. It's a thread on it. We're doing well with our $$$ right now

For what it's worth. Scott Pioli said on NFL network we were the day 1 winners of free agency.

Lol its worth something ,think they know what they were doing,people need to stop the wining rotflmao Our OL is deffinately better,but how could it be much worse than it was?