Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do we re-sign Butler?

I think we absolutely re-sign him.

I think the issues would be these....     do we see him as a #2 or  #3 and is that how we are offering him contract-wise??

So, if he wants to be paid like a #2, but we're offering #3 money,  that could be the issue (assuming there is one?)

Late last year, when there was a huge thread lamenting how bad Vaughn was,  I opined that perhaps the team sees Butler better as a nickel than a corner because we want our corners to be aggressive in run support and maybe that's not Butler's strength.   Perhaps all he's good at is covering a receiver and not forcing the run and making tackles and fighting off blocks.   I'm just thinking out loud here....

But I think the kid plays with a swagger and with our coaching seemed to have the light-bulb go on over his head....   if he now 'gets it'  then I think we want him back....

I'm hoping he's among the first players we re-sign.

I am good with him being a slot DB............and I am a little surprised we haven't seen more Colts being signed by now. Polians m.o. was always signing in the 11th hour, maybe Grigson is of the same ilk on this.......but I thought we would have all of our own wrapped by now so we would have a solidified number money wise for the opening of free agency.....But I guess if they wait until the last second, it does leave the door open in free agency by not tipping our hand, but I don't know how that strategy helps the Colts.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Heard Kevin Bowen and James Boyd on the radio saying Pierce was working with special teams if you and wondering how the WR2 battle is going early.
    • I'm a huge Georgia fan and let me tell you that he was loved and adored by the fanbase, the players and the coaches.   There was never any word of AD having a bad attitude or being a me first player.  I can tell you that is complete nonsense.   Kirby Smart (the HC at Georgia) runs a very tight ship.  He wants team players first.  He always emphasizes T-E-A-M.  Players with bad attitudes are left on the bench or better hit the transfer portal.  In fact, he often starts the 3 star or 4 star player over the 5 star player if they give more effort and hustle.   AD was instrumental in helping Georgia win back to back National Championships and when he wanted to transfer, he told us he wanted to be closer to his daughter in Texas.  So Georgia fans gave him their blessing.  Trust me when I tell you we are not always that gracious.   He is a big time player that makes big plays in the most critical moments in the game.  I already posted the Ohio State game where he made the game winning catch eliminating Ohio State.  That was the CJ Stroud big scramble at the end game.   But one of the biggest plays in Georgia history was the 2021 National Championship game.  Georgia was on their way to losing 8 straight times to Alabama.  For whatever reason Alabama was the hump that Georgia could not get over.   Then with 8:15 left in the game with dejected Georgia fans facing sure defeat at the hands of Alabama again, Stetson Bennett throws a 50 yard bomb to AD Mitchell.    Look at the way he tracks the ball.  The ball was slightly underthrown, so AD had to come back for it.  Then after AD catches it the Alabama DB tries to rip the ball away on the ground, but AD held on !!!  This is a legendary moment in Georgia Football !    
    • Someone get this egotistical * off the force... The face of a smug, jackwagon. 
    • Mark Gastineau might have something to say about that, lol!  I agree with all of the above as it was frustrating at times.
    • The site I go through (I am not allowed to mention in here because of Forum rules even though legal of course) is Boston is a -225 to win the series. So, to answer your question, it is for all marbles, not just 1 game. I knew Boston would be favored but I was thinking more on the lines of -100 to maybe -130 at most. Boston is a tad deeper and they have HCA is why I understand them being favored but at -225, I can't pass on that. Luka Doncic has the been the best player period during the playoffs and on any list he is a top 5 player with Joker and Giannis factored in. This will be the 1st series that Tatum has played in where he isn't the best player. IMO, Brown just is great as Tatum is, he has proved that time and time again every year during the playoffs. No one player can stop Irving from scoring either. Where Dallas is being overlooked by the media and Boston fans is, their Big's are more physical than Boston's in Lively and Gafford where the Pacers were a finesse team. To beat Boston, you have to get physical. Pj Washington can match anything Al Horford does as well from 3. Dallas has played great defense the whole playoffs, I have watched them close. I also think Kidd is the better coach.   Look at the path that Dallas had to take to get to the Finals compared to Boston's path. Best team Boston beat was our Pacers and 3 of those games could have gone either way, also Haliburton was out in Games 3 and 4. Boston beat Miami and Cleveland, arguably the 2 worse teams in the playoffs. Dallas beat a talented Clippers team, beat #1 seeded OKC without HCA, and just beat Minnesota without HCA who beat Denver.
  • Members