Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Bad Is Kc Going To Beat Us?

Phil J

Steelers and Bucs will steamroll us. no question.

but how bad will KC beat us? just by a TD? a field goal? Mc Cluster and Jones are gonna have alot of fun with our D line.

as terrible as KC is, I say there is virtually no shot at winning even that game. we are #1 pick-bound fo sho, but I am kind of excited about that.

Next season is gonna be fantastic with Peyton back and dope draft pick.

I wouldn't go so crazy about TB. They stacked up well against us. They have a running back similar to Peyton Hillis, and we shut down Peyton Hillis today (besides that TD run). Their pass heavy, we're pretty good at pass heavy, even though Tampa 2 sucks. They lost their best linebacker in Ruud, so I think we could run the ball well against them. They have pretty bad defensive end in Bennett and Clayborn, so I think Kerry will have enough time to throw. The best part of their D is their cornerbacks in Ronde and Aqib. Let's kill em by throwing to Dallas, Austin, and Joe. They have a younger team than we do, but we stack up better than they do. The Steelers is a loss.

we are not going to draft Andrew Luck to sit for 4 years..

Agreed.

Assuming Manning comes back healthy, he figures to have at least 3 more years. The drafting of Luck would do NOTHING to help a Manning led team get to and win a Super Bowl. Getting a later round prospect, like the Patriots did with Ryan Mallett, would be a much wiser route to go. I say, save the first couple of rounds for players that can actually help improve immediate prospects for nearly immediate front line improvement.

And as a prediction, despite my taking on a much gloomier outlook on the Colts' prospects for this current season, no way I see them even being in position to get the first over-all draft pick, so I really think this "Luck" talk is way off base.

Agreed.

Assuming Manning comes back healthy, he figures to have at least 3 more years. The drafting of Luck would do NOTHING to help a Manning led team get to and win a Super Bowl. Getting a later round prospect, like the Patriots did with Ryan Mallett, would be a much wiser route to go. I say, save the first couple of rounds for players that can actually help improve immediate prospects for nearly immediate front line improvement.

And as a prediction, despite my taking on a much gloomier outlook on the Colts' prospects for this current season, no way I see them even being in position to get the first over-all draft pick, so I really think this "Luck" talk is way off base.

Sounds like a lot of people channelling ESPN, Rocky..

we are not going to draft Andrew Luck to sit for 4 years..

If he's there when the Colts pick....they will take him. Feel free to bump this thread next April.

There is NO guarantee that Manning will be able to play next season, much less 4 seasons from now. Sure -- there is a very good chance that he'll be fine next July when camp opens, but at 36 years old --- can you be 100% certain that he'll make it thru the season again w/out injury?

Manning is no longer superman....we have no idea of how he'll come back after a year off....or how his neck will react to the hits he will take.

Given Manning's age and the seriousness of this injury -- they can't go into seasons anymore without a legit back-up. They can either find an old guy like Collins that will be looking to finish his career or chase a ring, or they can draft the "future" and groom that QB under Manning. They can't enter camp anymore with your only back-up choice being a guy like Painter.

sorry guys i dont see one winnable game on our schedule not even KC or car. this is probably the toughest schedule we've ever had

We should pound KC and win a close game vs. the Bengals at home. Plus I am not sold that Jax is that good either so a win vs them at home. 3-13

I think Seattle can beat Arizona once and KC can beat Denver once. If we actually do lose to the Chiefs, we could very well position ourselves for the #1 draft pick. I hope that is not the case, but if we lose to KC I'm not sure we can pull out a W unless Manning comes back which I doubt.

If he's there when the Colts pick....they will take him. Feel free to bump this thread next April.

There is NO guarantee that Manning will be able to play next season, much less 4 seasons from now. Sure -- there is a very good chance that he'll be fine next July when camp opens, but at 36 years old --- can you be 100% certain that he'll make it thru the season again w/out injury?

Manning is no longer superman....we have no idea of how he'll come back after a year off....or how his neck will react to the hits he will take.

Given Manning's age and the seriousness of this injury -- they can't go into seasons anymore without a legit back-up. They can either find an old guy like Collins that will be looking to finish his career or chase a ring, or they can draft the "future" and groom that QB under Manning. They can't enter camp anymore with your only back-up choice being a guy like Painter.

SORRY but id pick painter over collins any day. we are already 0-2 and collins looks like the worst qb of the century. might as well try him out and see what happens. he did beat the packers 1st string in the 1st half ..just saying it cant get any worse then it is now. They wont win any games with collins if he cant even beat the browns. Painter has been with the colts 3 years, knows the playbook heck of lot better, youung fresh and alot faster. he doesnt need 24 seconds in the pocket like kerry does.

I would hate the Indy-KC match to be dubbed as the Toilet Bowl. Ouch, that hurts, just thinking of it :(.

Besides, given my distaste for Pete Carroll, if he is close to the end of the season, I would not put it past him to tank the Seahawks' season to land Andrew Luck, something the Colts will not do. Maybe that is why he wanted Tavaris Jackson over there in the first place, knowing what would happen :).

I would hate the Indy-KC match to be dubbed as the Toilet Bowl. Ouch, that hurts, just thinking of it :(.

Besides, given my distaste for Pete Carroll, if he is close to the end of the season, I would not put it past him to tank the Seahawks' season to land Andrew Luck, something the Colts will not do. Maybe that is why he wanted Tavaris Jackson over there in the first place, knowing what would happen :).

How could Pete take Luck over his own kid at USC....

Steelers and Bucs will steamroll us. no question.

but how bad will KC beat us? just by a TD? a field goal? Mc Cluster and Jones are gonna have alot of fun with our D line.

as terrible as KC is, I say there is virtually no shot at winning even that game. we are #1 pick-bound fo sho, but I am kind of excited about that.

Next season is gonna be fantastic with Peyton back and dope draft pick.

There are currently six teams that are 0-2, barring a tie tonight there will be seven win less teams after the first two weeks. I have been to a couple of Chiefs boards where the fans are talking about going 0-16 and winning the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. It will be interesting to see which team actually tanks when the Chiefs and Colts meet and that might be the case at boards of other win less teams. Remember that the players have pride and none of them will purposely will lay down so the team will get a number one draft pick next year.

I wonder if the win less teams will make it so obvious that they are tanking, if so you will likely see a lottery for the first draft pick as in the NBA.

Agreed.

so you want to squeeze as much success as possible before peyton retires and our franchise becomes the laughing stock of the nfl again. glad you dont work for our FO.

so you want to squeeze as much success as possible before peyton retires and our franchise becomes the laughing stock of the nfl again. glad you dont work for our FO.

No one can guarantee the Colts would become the laughing stock, and there's no guarantee Luck will be 'all that' in the NFL.

No one can guarantee the Colts would become the laughing stock, and there's no guarantee Luck will be 'all that' in the NFL.

no guarantee? what do you think we are right now? without a qb we suck. atleast if we draft luck not only do we have a sucessor, but also a safety net if peyton is out again.

Wow, what a bunch of Negative Nancys. The Colts have a lot to improve on, but I don't think the season is lost yet. Sure play off hopes are rather low, as they should be, but wins? Come on! Even the worse team in the league can surprise the best on any given Sunday. Take away the fumbles from the first two games and the Houston game becomes closer and the Browns game is probably a win. Sure, Steelers will be tough and it's probably going to be a loss, but the next 3 games are against TB, KC, and CIN. All are very winnable IMO. And if that happens, the Colts are 3-3 and probably sitting at 2nd in the division. I swear Indy fans are the definition of fair weather fans.

Wow, what a bunch of Negative Nancys. The Colts have a lot to improve on, but I don't think the season is lost yet. Sure play off hopes are rather low, as they should be, but wins? Come on! Even the worse team in the league can surprise the best on any given Sunday. Take away the fumbles from the first two games and the Houston game becomes closer and the Browns game is probably a win. Sure, Steelers will be tough and it's probably going to be a loss, but the next 3 games are against TB, KC, and CIN. All are very winnable IMO. And if that happens, the Colts are 3-3 and probably sitting at 2nd in the division. I swear Indy fans are the definition of fair weather fans.

you sir are nuts. ive been a colts fan for many years and yes i wasnt around for the bad years. this is a bad year for us, but i still watch the colts no matter how painful. can they get wins sure the worst teams do, but whats gonna keep us from winning games is our system, its built for a lead and when we dont have a lead, this team looks just like they are now.