Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Running Game

Greenoughrunner

Ok, with Manning out i think we need to foucus on our running game. If we get that going we will be able to win. And if we get it going and when Manning comes back then we will be unbeatable. And we need to prepare for life with out Manning were getting a little taste of it now, we ether need to change are game plan or pray that we get a Arron Rogers next year.

Ok, with Manning out i think we need to foucus on our running game. If we get that going we will be able to win. And if we get it going and when Manning comes back then we will be unbeatable. And we need to prepare for life with out Manning were getting a little taste of it now, we ether need to change are game plan or pray that we get a Arron Rogers next year.

coaches saw we didnt run the ball well and are going to make some adjustments

yeah everyone is down on cadwell but u cant argue that he is trying to get bigger on both sides of the ball if dungy were here u think he would have a 5'8" 225 pound running back its only his 3rd year i mean 1st year was good 2nd year was lot of injuries this year no manning so we have to see my only problem is the defense scheme we need a traditional 4-3 no a tampa-2

sweet i really really like this kid

Me Too! This kid has a spark and I really really like it! I still like Joe as our Number 1 but I think Delone needs more touches than just short yd plays. This kid is quick and can avoid hits. Brown needs to get his crap together or move out, I vote move out but thats just me

The backs did solid last game however those back-to-back fumbles immediately killed the game and prevented a consistent run effort, "I believe they were back-to-back fumles, correct me if I'm wrong.".

Only 15 run attempts total for 64 yards rushing = 4.3 avg overall, tack on Addai's 13 yard catch they did very well. Not shabby for a unproven line and a rookie back in the equation. Delone IMO is just more than a short yardage back, he has 7 carries just 1 less than Addai. With Brown virtually out of the equation Joe and Delone will get ample playing time. Tough road for Donal Brown, was really pulling for the kid, who knows what will happen with him weather it's good or bad. I like Delone, I think he's the back the Colts need along with Addai.

I think once the line improves and they work out their hitches, the Colts will have a very solid run game.

delone needs to get 20 carries a game and they need to get joe back to hitting the whole hard like he did his rookie year, no more juking in the back field

Agreed....unfortunately, that was also when we had LT Tarik Glenn and LG Jake Scott, and Addai actually had a hole to hit.

I feel like run blocking is where this offensive line did it's best this preseason. Running, at this point, is not an option...it will have to become a way of life. Kerry Collins needs time to throw. He will only get time if we can have some type of run game to make the defense question a bit. I still feel like this offense is ready to breakout and be special. It would be nice for everyone to be looking for Hillis to have a big game for Cleveland, but instead Joe and Delone run wild on them. The crap T.V. broadcasters wouldn't know what to do.

we need to run more. collins needs some help, and only running 15 times a game like last week doesnt do it.

That's Collins fault for fumbling the snap near our own endzone twice. It put us down early with a big deficit. We had no choice but to throw it.

The Problem is, that the Front Office has always looked for a RB that can catch and block...not one that can hit the hole unless its WIIIIDE open.

Agreed. Plus, you can always teach someone how to catch and block. You can't teach them raw speed, instincts, etc. The Colts need to start looking for a HB who can run the ball first and foremost. They can worry about catching and blocking later.

Well if it was that easy to fix the running game, i think The Colts would have fixed it a long time ago.

The Problem is, that the Front Office has always looked for a RB that can catch and block...not one that can hit the hole unless its WIIIIDE open.

Carter is the type that runs first and has those instincts but he's a rookie, he should just get better and better, but he needs more than 7 attempts.

Delone Carter just got promoted to short-yardage back so hopefully they give him the ball more.

What? That's what he was drafted for and we used him for that in the Texans game. He got promoted to number two on the depth chart maybe that's what you are thinking of but he has always been seen as our short yardage back.

coaches saw we didnt run the ball well and are going to make some adjustments

I saw we didn't run the ball well for...like..the past four or five seasons. I would certainly hope the coaches saw it by last game and are going to make some adjustments.

Then again, since it's been so long I wouldn't be overly optimistic about it. Especially when opponents don't even respect the passing attack anymore.