Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Falcons reportedly receiving interest from LA

bap1331

It would be awesome to have a team where I live. I dislike the Raiders, 49ers, and Chargers for some reason. But idk if i can ever give up on the Colts...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000132470/article/atlanta-falcons-reportedly-receiving-interest-from-la

People in Atlanta would be soooooooooo mad. But I think that the Jaguars seem like the best possible bet so far.

Yeah the Falcons aren't moving. That is for struggling teams. California doesn't need nor deserve a 4th team, so if they want one they should just start trying to steal from one of the other towns. I hate the idea of any team ever moving anyways, so at least that way fans can still go to games. I don't see Shad Kahn giving up in Jacksonville yet. It's not like they can't get a fanbase, it's that they have sucked a lot and don't even appear to have a bright future at this point. Get a decent team running and you will be fine. 

It would be awesome to have a team where I live. I dislike the Raiders, 49ers, and Chargers for some reason. But idk if i can ever give up on the Colts...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000132470/article/atlanta-falcons-reportedly-receiving-interest-from-la

People in Atlanta would be soooooooooo mad. But I think that the Jaguars seem like the best possible bet so far.

I'm not native to CA but to me it seems that CA has enough Professional franchises.  Living where I do I am peppered all day with Raider, Charger, Dodger, Angel fans.  While I will say there are some Diehard fans out there, I hear and see alot (especially Raider fans) who don't know crap about their team, when I can tell them more about their team then they can, i feel bad for them.  I think they hold onto the perception that Raiders/Dodgers are just fearless, mean, and overall amazing team, when in all honesty they are more of a joke. . .

Yeah the Falcons aren't moving. That is for struggling teams. California doesn't need nor deserve a 4th team, so if they want one they should just start trying to steal from one of the other towns. I hate the idea of any team ever moving anyways, so at least that way fans can still go to games. I don't see Shad Kahn giving up in Jacksonville yet. It's not like they can't get a fanbase, it's that they have sucked a lot and don't even appear to have a bright future at this point. Get a decent team running and you will be fine. 

Well if it makes you feel any better the Sacramento Kings have pretty much been sold back to a group of investors in seattle. 

I guess its worth keeping an eye on the Rams....them and the CVC, the stadium authority in St. Louis just finished an arbitration hearing over a proposed improvement/renovation of the Edward Jones Dome.

The Rams want a full blown $700M renovation and the CVC proposed a $124M improvement package....which the Rams are not satisfied with.

And I guess the Rams lease states that they can break the lease after 2014 if they are not housed in what is considered a "top tier" NFL stadium...which is what the arbitration board is about to determine in the next couple weeks.

Either way....these knuckleheads in L.A. have spent years talking about a new stadium and the return of the NFL there, which is the #2 TV market and does make sense.

It just never seems to materialize and I couldn't care less if it does or not.

But the idea of the Falcons moving out here is completely unbelievable. Arthur Blank is playing some kind of game.

I think the NFL loves LA not having a team because it is the perfect bargaining chip for owners.  

Why not keep LA open because every time an owner wants a new stadium they can just threaten to leave for LA and politicians do not want be the one in power that let their franchise go.  A lot of their constituents value sports way to much and would probably flip out and not vote for them if they let them go.

So with LA always open the owners basically have cities writing blank checks for these monster stadiums. 

I think the NFL loves LA not having a team because it is the perfect bargaining chip for owners.  

Why not keep LA open because every time an owner wants a new stadium they can just threaten to leave for LA and politicians do not want be the one in power that let their franchise go.  A lot of their constituents value sports way to much and would probably flip out and not vote for them if they let them go.

So with LA always open the owners basically have cities writing blank checks for these monster stadiums. 

Well....owners are milking it for all it's worth that's for sure.

After all, the numbskulls cackling about a new stadium in L.A. can't ever seem to finalize anything....so why not milk it?

And you're right about the cowardice of politicians....they're born with that.

So, Arthur Blank calls AEG and asks them to leak that LA is interested in the Falcons in order to get the Atlanta city council moving on a new stadium, and in return, AEG gets the contract to build the new stadium in Atlanta. AEG also gets another feather in their cap, which makes their LA proposal that much more attractive to the LA city council.

Genius.

I guess its worth keeping an eye on the Rams....them and the CVC, the stadium authority in St. Louis just finished an arbitration hearing over a proposed improvement/renovation of the Edward Jones Dome.

The Rams want a full blown $700M renovation and the CVC proposed a $124M improvement package....which the Rams are not satisfied with.

And I guess the Rams lease states that they can break the lease after 2014 if they are not housed in what is considered a "top tier" NFL stadium...which is what the arbitration board is about to determine in the next couple weeks.

Either way....these knuckleheads in L.A. have spent years talking about a new stadium and the return of the NFL there, which is the #2 TV market and does make sense.

It just never seems to materialize and I couldn't care less if it does or not.

But the idea of the Falcons moving out here is completely unbelievable. Arthur Blank is playing some kind of game.

Agree 100%, but I will say, I'm sure some thought there was no way the Colts were leaving Baltimore. So crazy things can/do happen, but in this instance I don't see it.

Also, I do know the two situations are completely different, and there was a lot more pressure on Irsay, just using it as an example.

Agree 100%, but I will say, I'm sure some thought there was no way the Colts were leaving Baltimore. So crazy things can/do happen, but in this instance I don't see it.

Also, I do know the two situations are completely different, and there was a lot more pressure on Irsay, just using it as an example.

Oh, without question....the State of Maryland taking steps to seize his franchise under eminent domain laws would be a good definition of a lot of pressure.

But the only possible scenario I can think of that moves the Falcons....and this is really stretching the imagination...would be Blank moving his team to to L.A. and then Shahid Khan moving the Jacksonville franchise to Atlanta.

Part of the Jags problems are NFL teams already having been in Miami and Atlanta long before they showed up. Tampa Bay is another drain on their possible fan base...not to mention SEC college football, which is white-hot popular in the northern Florida/Georgia area the Jags are stuck in. There's only so much sports entertainment $$$ to go around and Jacksonville is clearly a crummy market with a lot of entities grabbing for those dollars.

Let's be honest....we've seen Jags home attendance sometimes resemble that of a 3rd rate college bowl game.

Atlanta....on the other hand is actually a good sports city and this particular 2-team relocation scenario would accomplish basically the same thing as Jacksonville. Although I don't know why Khan wouldn't simply move to L.A. unless him and Blank were to have some kind of deal cooking.

Either way, Blank shot his mouth off for some reason...who knows whether it's legit or not.

Oh, without question....the State of Maryland taking steps to seize his franchise under eminent domain laws would be a good definition of a lot of pressure.

But the only possible scenario I can think of that moves the Falcons....and this is really stretching the imagination...would be Blank moving his team to to L.A. and then Shahid Khan moving the Jacksonville franchise to Atlanta.

Part of the Jags problems are NFL teams already having been in Miami and Atlanta long before they showed up. Tampa Bay is another drain on their possible fan base...not to mention SEC college football, which is white-hot popular in the northern Florida/Georgia area the Jags are stuck in. There's only so much sports entertainment $$$ to go around and Jacksonville is clearly a crummy market with a lot of entities grabbing for those dollars.

Let's be honest....we've seen Jags home attendance sometimes resemble that of a 3rd rate college bowl game.

Atlanta....on the other hand is actually a good sports city and this particular 2-team relocation scenario would accomplish basically the same thing as Jacksonville. Although I don't know why Khan wouldn't simply move to L.A. unless him and Blank were to have some kind of deal cooking.

Either way, Blank shot his mouth off for some reason...who knows whether it's legit or not.

I lived in Florida some time ago and no one, literally no one liked the Jags. Florida fans everywhere though, they sure love them and Florida State. The Jags should have went after Tebow, I swear it. They could have got Tebow and that would have increased their attendance because they are in the middle of Florida/Florida State fan bases, and those people would show up just to see Tebow.

I was born & raised in East L.A . I laughed when I heard where they want to put a stadium . Last I heard its gonna be in the city of commerce , Why not compton or watts having went to school in all these areas I can tell you the bangers will love a new stadium , Hell they'll enjoy the opportunities that come with, new cars & visitors with plenty of bling . Going to a area of the city that most locals would avoid , It used to be a war zone just to live there, outsiders don't stand a chance .

L.A will keep coming up because there is so much money with sports in L.A if not why would the ANAHEIM Angels who reside in orange county call there self L.A Angels $$$. Its all about greed the politicians want it so it will happen . I personally think its a stupid idea .