Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Lewis may have used banned substance to recover from injury

Jules

Im not trying to argue with you,Im just saying It's a banned substance and therefore if he took it then he should face some form of punishment(I'm still not convinced he won't be back next season). If he does retire then nothing can be done and this is a non-story. I'm not against him or anyone else taking this stuff, but the NFL is. My point about what GNC sells and what Ray has been accused of buying may technically be the same thing, but in reality it is not. simply because like I said, the human body can not absorb enough of this substance to have any nutritional benefit what so ever if taken in a pill form. Thats the difference IMO. You can take the same substance in 2 different ways, but if one form doesn't give you any benefits and the other form does, then there is a big difference IMO.

Bill romonowski said on the radio yesterday this stuff does nothing. He said he used it on his daughter to help her recover from a softball injury. He said it did nothing.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill romonowski said on the radio yesterday this stuff does nothing. He said he used it on his daughter to help her recover from a softball injury. He said it did nothing.

For every person that says it does nothing there's another saying it does. This is where clinical tests come in

Bill Romanowski is a certifiable nut.....I am sure he used anything he could get his PED hands on.....what an _____!!!  I will let everyone fill in their own blank... :spit:

12 players on the NCAA championship team, Alabama have also been accused of taking the stuff.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21622537/report-tide-players-took-banned-antler-spray-before-12-title-game

I do find it funny how people are being so quick to pretend of Ray's innocence. Yes, there isn't direct evidence that he took the banned substance, but 99% of these stories that come out of players using banned substances turn out to be true. If not for the ridiculous love and attention that Ray has received since announcing his retirement, the media would be all over this and not so easily letting him off the hook. 

in my comment # 94 ,, its noted that LSU used it the year before to beat Alabama and that's how Alabama got wind of 

from said Comment which has many paragraphs on Alabama 's usage

LSU players before their 9-6 victory over Alabama in November 2011; that helped him ( the Swats Guy )  get an audience with the Tide players, who received  some of the same S.W.A.T.S. products

Bill Romanowski is a certifiable nut.....I am sure he used anything he could get his PED hands on.....what an _____!!! I will let everyone fill in their own blank... :spit:

The only advice I would take from Romanowki would be;

"Which of those squirrels are talking about me behind my back."

The only advice I would take from Romanowki would be;

"Which of those squirrels are talking about me behind my back."

Love it House.....Romanowski is the biggest 'meat-head' in the business...he KNOWs all of the squirrels because he is one....

I was out of likes....had to babble some more :funny:    

I will be the first to admit I am not an expert on the banned substance, but that substance is the main ingredient in the link I provided above.  It was the first link I went to and IGF-1 is hailed as a miracle, and Roy Williams is 'selling' it.  

So is it a banned substance or isn't it?  Some are saying it is...some are saying it is not.  Regardless, if it is ONE CLICK away on a website....more athletes are using it and at what levels...high school, college?  From the link:

EFFECTIVELY BURNS FAT

For those interested in achieving lean body mass, IGF-1 is the supplement of choice. IGF-1 shifts fuel utilization from carbohydrates (sugar and starch) to fat-stores in the body. Thus, your body will burn more fat regardless of what kind of weight-loss or exercise program you are on. When people try to lose weight they lose muscle as well as fat but with IGF-1 muscle tissue is preserved while fat is preferentially lost.

This is just a sample to show the substance as IGF-1.  More on the website.

Banned by whom?

It's not illegal to buy, sell, or take IGF-1 in the US. The NFL has included it on the list of banned substances for players in the NFL.

But even that designation is overly simplistic. IGF-1 occurs naturally in the human body, so the NFL can't actually ban it. They can test for elevated levels in one's system. But even then, that requires a blood test, and the NFL can't blood test ... yet. So this "ban" is more a formality than anything else. Same as HGH, elevated levels of red blood cells, EPO, etc. These are undetectable in urine tests.

As for the deer antler spray, it contains a banned substance, so it's effectively banned by the NFL. But again, that's not very clear. There might be a different deer antler spray that doesn't contain IGF-1, and that wouldn't be banned by the NFL.

Banned by whom?

It's not illegal to buy, sell, or take IGF-1 in the US. The NFL has included it on the list of banned substances for players in the NFL.

But even that designation is overly simplistic. IGF-1 occurs naturally in the human body, so the NFL can't actually ban it. They can test for elevated levels in one's system. But even then, that requires a blood test, and the NFL can't blood test ... yet. So this "ban" is more a formality than anything else. Same as HGH, elevated levels of red blood cells, EPO, etc. These are undetectable in urine tests.

As for the deer antler spray, it contains a banned substance, so it's effectively banned by the NFL. But again, that's not very clear. There might be a different deer antler spray that doesn't contain IGF-1, and that wouldn't be banned by the NFL.

Right...the one I linked had that substance...IGF-1,  That was the one Roy Williams was 'selling.'  That was my only point.

12 players on the NCAA championship team, Alabama have also been accused of taking the stuff.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21622537/report-tide-players-took-banned-antler-spray-before-12-title-game

I do find it funny how people are being so quick to pretend of Ray's innocence. Yes, there isn't direct evidence that he took the banned substance, but 99% of these stories that come out of players using banned substances turn out to be true. If not for the ridiculous love and attention that Ray has received since announcing his retirement, the media would be all over this and not so easily letting him off the hook. 

I'm not defending Ray Lewis' innocence. I'm just saying that a so-called videotaped conversation that hasn't been viewed by anyone I know or trust doesn't convince me of anything.

It's also always interesting how people play the media card. The media is all over the Ray Lewis/PED story. It's all over talk radio, it's the lead on every sports website... SI.com wrote the initial story. Are they supposed to treat him as if he's guilty just because someone says he is?

Why doesn't the NFL just make him give a blood sample then? Or again is this Goodell's way of protecting the integrity of the game, by sweeping it under the rug. I'm also curious just how dangerous these substances are. If something can heal you faster without significant adverse side affects, what's the problem?

I'm not a great Goodell fan, but it's unfair how many of these things he gets blamed for. The issue of blood testing is collectively bargained between the NFL and the NFLPA. The NFL has been aggressively pushing for blood testing, and the NFLPA has been aggressively resisting.

In any event, they can't just show up at Ray Lewis' hotel room and demand a blood sample.

Right...the one I linked had that substance...IGF-1,  That was the one Roy Williams was 'selling.'  That was my only point.

Okay...

Roy Williams can promote a legal substance without taking it. This is tantamount to him doing a Sudafed commercial. I don't believe the NFL can penalize him for it.

The way you were initially talking about it was making it seem like he was promoting something that's illegal. This product is not illegal.

Okay...

Roy Williams can promote a legal substance without taking it. This is tantamount to him doing a Sudafed commercial. I don't believe the NFL can penalize him for it.

The way you were initially talking about it was making it seem like he was promoting something that's illegal. This product is not illegal.

I guess I am dumber than I thought....I thought the IGF-1 was the banned substance.  OK.

I thought so...just has to be at certain levels.....we are good...I misunderstood I think...

That's my understanding.

Problem is, the NFL doesn't test for it at this point in time. So players can take it (and a host of other substances that are technically banned) with impunity.

That's my understanding.

Problem is, the NFL doesn't test for it at this point in time. So players can take it (and a host of other substances that are technically banned) with impunity.

So in theory if the player is taking massive doses of the online 'muscle builder' the levels could reach levels that are banned.  The 'real' stuff...the expensive substance must be absolutely PURE.....

So in theory if the player is taking massive doses of the online 'muscle builder' the levels could reach levels that are banned. The 'real' stuff...the expensive substance must be absolutely PURE.....

The thing with some of the banned substances is you have to do a blood test to to check the levels. The NFL can't do blood tests per the cba. So while its banned, there isn't anyway to test for it.

So in theory if the player is taking massive doses of the online 'muscle builder' the levels could reach levels that are banned. The 'real' stuff...the expensive substance must be absolutely PURE.....

I heard that you'd have to take 4 bottles of the pills a day to reach the levels of the daily dose of the spray. Don't know how accurate that is, but seems that the spray is super concentrated in comparison to the pills.

I'm not a great Goodell fan, but it's unfair how many of these things he gets blamed for. The issue of blood testing is collectively bargained between the NFL and the NFLPA. The NFL has been aggressively pushing for blood testing, and the NFLPA has been aggressively resisting.

In any event, they can't just show up at Ray Lewis' hotel room and demand a blood sample.

Gotcha, I completely forgot about that. that's a shame though. The NFL and NFLPA need a real partnership. If blood testing was aloud some players wouldn't feel like they need to dope in order to keep up with the rest, it would be a even playing field.

Another part of me thinks some of these substances need to be more developed, need more testing to see how dangerous they really are because they sound like miracle drugs. But then theres the issue of escalation if they were legal.

Gotcha, I completely forgot about that. that's a shame though. The NFL and NFLPA need a real partnership. If blood testing was aloud some players wouldn't feel like they need to dope in order to keep up with the rest, it would be a even playing field.

Another part of me thinks some of these substances need to be more developed, need more testing to see how dangerous they really are because they sound like miracle drugs. But then theres the issue of escalation if they were legal.

You might not have read some of my other posts in this thread, but I totally agree. A lot of these things are demonized by the media and general public even though they have some pretty positive implications. I think the whole PED thing has blown up way out of proportion.

I'm not defending Ray Lewis' innocence. I'm just saying that a so-called videotaped conversation that hasn't been viewed by anyone I know or trust doesn't convince me of anything.

It's also always interesting how people play the media card. The media is all over the Ray Lewis/PED story. It's all over talk radio, it's the lead on every sports website... SI.com wrote the initial story. Are they supposed to treat him as if he's guilty just because someone says he is?

I understand where your coming from, but my point about the media was that, yes they are reporting it in the media, but the members of the media are acting as if it's a joke and no big deal. Maybe it's not roids, but it is still banned by the NFL and it seems like the media is just giving Lewis a pass because it isn't roids. I think they would be reporting this story differently if Lewis hadn't announced his retirement already. And your point about treating him as if he's guilty, yes they do usually treat players as if they are guilty because most of these stories have turned out to be true. 

I don't want it to come off as if I think Lewis should be thrown under the bus and demoralize him because quite honestly, I don't think it is that big of a deal, but the media usually makes these things into a huge deal and treats these players that are named in these reports like they are guilty before any real evidence comes out, but it just seems to be a little different with the way they are treating Lewis with this situation.

I would prefer Reindeer Antler extract.....cures what ails ya...and you can fly too!  :funny:   "On Dasher, on Dancer on Prancer on Ray Ray!"  My knees hurt...may need some of that stuff....Hey Ray...got a minute?   :)  WOW! :woah:

Wow I feel like I can hit me some Frank Gore and Kaepernick.....not to be confused with Saint Nick.... rotflmao

Thats all good if ya get the munchies - Dr Pepper & Muncho's & Twinkies work, O - wait they went under ...

On a side not I would not recommend smoking the Harris I hear it makes ya walk funny .

GØ ÇØLTŠ

I slipped on ice a few weeks ago and broke 2 ribs and tore the muscle from the ribs. Taking forever for it to heel up so if I could speed up the process, I would take it.

got u beat , 94 year old mom has 4 broken ones and 1 is slightly displaced

u know what good about advanced COPD, u breathe so shallow only move ribs a little so doesn't hurt as bad, but man if she coughs or laughs , Forget About It

u know whats good about dementia, u g forget the pain when it was bad from a cough , 

Dives me crazy with worry

got u beat , 94 year old mom has 4 broken ones and 1 is slightly displaced

u know what good about advanced COPD, u breathe so shallow only move ribs a little so doesn't hurt as bad, but man if she coughs or laughs , Forget About It

u know whats good about dementia, u g forget the pain when it was bad from a cough , 

Dives me crazy with worry

I know how bad it can be and I'm only 41. Coughing is bad, but IMO sneezing is worse. Feel like my ribs explode everytime I sneeze. I know your mom must be in terrible pain and I hope her pain lessens a little each day. Good luck to you both.

I know how bad it can be and I'm only 41. Coughing is bad, but IMO sneezing is worse. Feel like my ribs explode everytime I sneeze. I know your mom must be in terrible pain and I hope her pain lessens a little each day. Good luck to you both.

appreciate your thoughts , Shes  a tough one

oh yeah, broke enough in my time sneezing is the worse

absolutely love your avatar

lol at ESPN talking heads making it sound like it's not a big deal.

If a Saints player got caught using this stuff then you would hear they should lose more draft picks.

ESPN has a vested interest  its all about the SB .  If the player in question was not Ray Lewis & if said player was not a 49er or Raven . Then I'm pretty sure it would be a big deal honestly Lance Armstrong - Barry Bonds - Arod  stories are usually covered at nauseum on ESPN so this could just be a case of the media has built up Ray Lewis to be a mythical worlds best linebacker who with a win rides off into the sunset .

With the inconvienent truth to come out @ a later date .  Maybe there's a spider spray out there Ray Lewis had a for sure interception against Peyton Manning almost .

ESPN has a vested interest its all about the SB . If the player in question was not Ray Lewis & if said player was not a 49er or Raven . Then I'm pretty sure it would be a big deal honestly Lance Armstrong - Barry Bonds - Arod stories are usually covered at nauseum on ESPN so this could just be a case of the media has built up Ray Lewis to be a mythical worlds best linebacker who with a win rides off into the sunset .

With the inconvienent truth to come out @ a later date . Maybe there's a spider spray out there Ray Lewis had a for sure interception against Peyton Manning almost .

They also have another vested interest. Lewis is going to be working for ESPN next year.

1314029819767.png

I'm not going to do it. I'm done with Spygate.

I will say this, pertaining to Ray Lewis. Him purchasing or attaining a banned substance is not against the rules. Him using a banned substance is, and if he tests positive for a banned substance, then the NFL has grounds to penalize him.

you can post all the images that you wish it doesn't make the parallel go away, and you can wish not to get into the subject that is fine . . . I just a point out . . . the taping of signals is not against the rules . . . one using them to gain an advantage in the playing of the game is . . . and if a team test positive (in the affirative) that they are using the tapes to gain an unfair advantage, then the NFL has grounds to penalize the team . . . otherwise, like banned drugs, they don't . . .

As with Spygate and Ray Lewis the second part (element 2 of the crime) is lacking and can be (and was with Spygate) assumed to have happened based on the fact that the entity in question is in possession of a banned item . . .

bottom line Superman, no matter how you look at it . . . it comes down to the theory why else would one have the item if they do not use it . . . you don't have to agree with it, just recognize that is exist and has been used before . . . just as there is no direct evidence of medical test for the banned substance with Lewis, there is no observation of a NFL employee stumbling into a room in bowels of Gillette stadium catching the Pats coaching staff hovering over a VCR player taking notes on signals and prepping a cheat sheet for the next game . . . BB and Lewis both denied use of the banned substanse in a manner in which would violate league rules . . . plan and simple . . . if you can't see the parallel I can't help you . . .

Typically, the NFL does not have the evidence of possession and must prove use through testing, in this particular case there is a allegedly video which has Ray Lewis asking SWATS for some more drugs, indicates that there is prior usage and actually using during the video call . . . one does not need to test when one see another injust a banned substanse on film and moreover with the "you must be using it becuase you would not otherwise have it" theory the mere fact of evidence of possession is enough . . .

you can post all the images that you wish it doesn't make the parallel go away, and you can wish not to get into the subject that is fine . . . I just a point out . . . the taping of signals is not against the rules . . . one using them to gain an advantage in the playing of the game is . . . and if a team test positive (in the affirative) that they are using the tapes to gain an unfair advantage, then the NFL has grounds to penalize the team . . . otherwise, like banned drugs, they don't . . .

As with Spygate and Ray Lewis the second part (element 2 of the crime) is lacking and can be (and was with Spygate) assumed to have happened based on the fact that the entity in question is in possession of a banned item . . .

bottom line Superman, no matter how you look at it . . . it comes down to the theory why else would one have the item if they do not use it . . . you don't have to agree with it, just recognize that is exist and has been used before . . . just as there is no direct evidence of medical test for the banned substance with Lewis, there is no observation of a NFL employee stumbling into a room in bowels of Gillette stadium catching the Pats coaching staff hovering over a VCR player taking notes on signals and prepping a cheat sheet for the next game . . . BB and Lewis both denied use of the banned substanse in a manner in which would violate league rules . . . plan and simple . . . if you can't see the parallel I can't help you . . .

Typically, the NFL does not have the evidence of possession and must prove use through testing, in this particular case there is a allegedly video which has Ray Lewis asking SWATS for some more drugs, indicates that there is prior usage and actually using during the video call . . . one does not need to test when one see another injust a banned substanse on film and moreover with the "you must be using it becuase you would not otherwise have it" theory the mere fact of evidence of possession is enough . . .

http://images.wikia.com/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/9/9f/Facepalm_facepalm.png