Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Great Draft Websites for all to use

Props to poster, 'throwingBBS'....

He made a post recently about a prospect he likes....   my eyes popped when I realized it was from NFL.com....   It's their webpage set up for following the draft.  

So, I spent a few hours on it late last night...    it's really well set up...

You can find players by name, by school,  by position, and by grade with a simple click.

The ONE CAUTION for now is that many (most?) of the evaluations are not yet current.   They're through 2011.   But a good number include a 2012 evaluation.   The rest will come in the weeks and months ahead.      

Even if you disagree with some of the evaluations -- and I do -- it's just so well organized, that you can get a ton of good information in a one-stop-shopping kind of way.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013

Click on the link....   then click on '2013 Draft Tracker'...    there you will see how it's laid out.   Simple.  Easy.    Organized.     It will only get better as the draft draws closer.

One personal note:   I'm hopeful this means a more well run "Combine" webpage on NFL.com...  I have not looked yet.   But the last few years that webpage was the worst thing I had ever come across.   Beyond horrible.   Complete chaos and the system didn't work consistently at all.   A nightmare.

I wrote and stinging and scathing e-mail to the NFL office.    I'm hopeful they changed whoever they were using to run this material.     If the "Combine" page is anything like the "Draft Tracker"  we're all going to be very, Very, VERY happy!!    Good times ahead!      :thmup:

I like it also....glad they finally updated for early entries. Similar to the set up scouts inc has on ESPN.com

Thanks for the heads-up on Scouts Inc and ESPN.    The last I had checked that it was still only 2012 kids and not the 2013 draft class.    Great to see!

Here's the link for that.    

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

And to all here,  use this (assuming it's not premium insider material)  in conjunction with the webpage at NFL.com....   Always good to have two different sources of material to compare and contrast.

Props to poster, 'throwingBBS'....

He made a post recently about a prospect he likes....   my eyes popped when I realized it was from NFL.com....   It's their webpage set up for following the draft.  

So, I spent a few hours on it late last night...    it's really well set up...

You can find players by name, by school,  by position, and by grade with a simple click.

The ONE CAUTION for now is that many (most?) of the evaluations are not yet current.   They're through 2011.   But a good number include a 2012 evaluation.   The rest will come in the weeks and months ahead.      

Even if you disagree with some of the evaluations -- and I do -- it's just so well organized, that you can get a ton of good information in a one-stop-shopping kind of way.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013

Click on the link....   then click on '2013 Draft Tracker'...    there you will see how it's laid out.   Simple.  Easy.    Organized.     It will only get better as the draft draws closer.

One personal note:   I'm hopeful this means a more well run "Combine" webpage on NFL.com...  I have not looked yet.   But the last few years that webpage was the worst thing I had ever come across.   Beyond horrible.   Complete chaos and the system didn't work consistently at all.   A nightmare.

I wrote and stinging and scathing e-mail to the NFL office.    I'm hopeful they changed whoever they were using to run this material.     If the "Combine" page is anything like the "Draft Tracker"  we're all going to be very, Very, VERY happy!!    Good times ahead!      :thmup:

Here is one more. Don`t see anyting regarding their process. But if you look at the bottom of the list some might say they do have an idea what they are talking about. ;) Yuck!

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/01/free-agent-cornerbacks/

you will see at the bottom of the page the list for all positions

• 2 weeks later...

My vote goes to www.walterfootball.com

WALTER ALWAYS A GREAT SITE 

love them., was going to add them till saw u had it, good job

but here is different link I like for them too , is more direct  with 1 less click to get too

has  theirs and other mocks to compare with  

Its ACTUALLY same as yours just 1 less click to get two so more direct 

also love walter alwaays has multiple rounds with b nice short   digest of salient reasoning behind pick too & then click on player for his detailed analysis

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my favorites is www.draftcountdown.com.  The site has daily reports from the college all star games.  Ranks the players and gives anticipated round.  over the years I have found it to be one of the more accurate in both player evaluations and projected draft rounds.

It seems they don't upgrade their mock draft very often. haha

Really interesting, but I do wonder about how that site develops their methods. Example: Mario Manningham has one of the best catch percentages by their criteria. Can that possibly be right?? Eli stopped throwing to him because he couldn't rely on him. Now he's top 5 in catching.....something's fishy...

And one of their O-line stats had our pass blocking at 18th in the league. The fact it was any higher than 24th had me wondering, to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...

Dustin, 

That site you linked has a guy named Andrew Parsons projecting the Colts, in the First and Third Round would choose Jarvis Jones and Joe Kruger.  His predictions to God's ears!  I'd LOVE those two players.  Jarvis is my favorite and Joe Kruger is high on my list as well.  But I can't imagine either player would be available when we choose in those two rounds.  I know Jones has dropped a bit but all the way to 24? If we followed up and got a Guard in the 4th and Lattimore in the 5th (similar to how we picked Chapman with our fifth last year) that would be one hell of a draft.  I am sure others will laugh (we seem to have a tough crowd here), but man, I think Lattimore could be an amazing steal in the 5th if he heals up after rehabbing.  (I'd be happy if they took him in the 4th just to be sure they got him).  Plug in a Guard, WR (if we can't find one in FA) and perhaps a Center in the 7th and we'd have the greatest 2 season draft classes in Colts history.   Of course the RB haters won't like the idea, but Marcus would have been a solid first round pick if he hadn't been hurt.  

Is there anyone else interest in Jarvis Jones, Joe Kruger, Marcus Lattimore and a Guard, WR and Center as a draft class?  Maybe we'll even find a decent Mr. Irrelevant 2 years in a row with our compensatory pick?  

Doesn't matter I guess.. Jones isn't falling that far.  Is he? Or Kruger? 

Brian

PS: Are we really set at Corner?  Rhodes, Taylor or Banks might be options at #24 if Jones isn't there and they are.  

Dustin,

That site you linked has a guy named Andrew Parsons projecting the Colts, in the First and Third Round would choose Jarvis Jones and Joe Kruger. His predictions to God's ears! I'd LOVE those two players. Jarvis is my favorite and Joe Kruger is high on my list as well. But I can't imagine either player would be available when we choose in those two rounds. I know Jones has dropped a bit but all the way to 24? If we followed up and got a Guard in the 4th and Lattimore in the 5th (similar to how we picked Chapman with our fifth last year) that would be one heck of a draft. I am sure others will laugh (we seem to have a tough crowd here), but man, I think Lattimore could be an amazing steal in the 5th if he heals up after rehabbing. (I'd be happy if they took him in the 4th just to be sure they got him). Plug in a Guard, WR (if we can't find one in FA) and perhaps a Center in the 7th and we'd have the greatest 2 season draft classes in Colts history. Of course the RB haters won't like the idea, but Marcus would have been a solid first round pick if he hadn't been hurt.

Is there anyone else interest in Jarvis Jones, Joe Kruger, Marcus Lattimore and a Guard, WR and Center as a draft class? Maybe we'll even find a decent Mr. Irrelevant 2 years in a row with our compensatory pick?

Doesn't matter I guess.. Jones isn't falling that far. Is he? Or Kruger?

Brian

PS: Are we really set at Corner? Rhodes, Taylor or Banks might be options at #24 if Jones isn't there and they are.

I would trust the mocks they do too much. Most of them are kind of questionable. I don't see Jones falling that far down the draft.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 23, 2013 - promoting another site
Hidden by Nadine, April 23, 2013 - promoting another site

I actually have two favorite draft websites, www.drafttek.com which runs a CPU simulated 7 round mock draft, DAILY for about a month leading up to the draft. It also allows you to customize things a little bit and will run a simulation based on your changes. Heck, it also runs continuously during the draft, as they update picks as they are made, and it makes projections for what's about to come. Is it the best system? Of course not. But it's pretty damn useful to have daily updated 7 round mocks.

My second favorite is www.hailredskins.com/mockdraft.htm that has quite possibly the largest collection of mock drafts on the net in one place certainly the largest database I've ever found, and it's an excellent resource for the mock drafter on the go.

And then of course, for draft talk in general, nothing better than the site I hail from, www.youdontknowfootball.com we might not have a gigantic collection of posters, and we might be a tad Jets-centric, but by golly there are a bunch of guys who really, really know their stuff.