Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

There are other candidates that would bother me more....    but his position is not a 1st round position of need for the Colts, IMO.

There are other positions that are far more important that we need to address high up in the draft.

That said,  while I know Teo is unpopular with a fair amount of Colts fans here,  I'm not one of them.   I very much admire his play on the field.    He can play for my team.

Believe it or not he may fall to us at 24. Thoughts?

If he had ANY involvement in cooking up this hoax or delaying it from being brought to light...then he is out of the question as an Indianapolis Colt.

If he used, of all things, leukemia, as part of an elaborate sham....he'd be completely unacceptable to a team whose head coach has battled the very same disease.

If he had ANY involvement in cooking up this hoax or delaying it from being brought to light...then he is out of the question as an Indianapolis Colt.

If he used, of all things, leukemia, as part of an elaborate sham....he'd be completely unacceptable to a team whose head coach has battled the very same disease.

well said. very true

Half of Teo's value has been attributed to his "leadership" ... 

Well that has been shot right down the  toilet.     Clowned or participant in the scam, bottom line is he WAS a participant.   

Good or bad...     right or wrong,  this dude is the farthest thing from a "leader" I can think of.

He had better run a wicked 40 and prove he "can" be a 3 down back in the NFL or he will drop like a rock.

Kiper has this dude going 8th to Buffalo?  OK, who was the last ILB drafted in the top 10 in the NFL draft?

Luke K for Carolina was drafted 9 last season.      Is Teo on par with this dude?     I don't think so....

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/LB-1980-now.htm

Von Miller   rush LB (11)

McClain      (10)     Drafted 8th   bust

Mayo       (08)     Drafted 10  Teo better than this kid?     It's not close.  He is the second best MLB in the NFL today.

Patrick Willis    (07)   11      Best in the game

AJ Hawk   and   Bobby Carpenter..     (06)    5  and   18    BUSTS

Vilma         (03)                 12th Solid...  still a better player than Manti....

Dan Morgan        (01)                 Drafted 11th   Good, but injury killed his career.

Urlacher....        (00)                     Drafted 9th....     Stud...  

Willis, Mayo, and Urlacer are the "top picks" at their position.       And I would include Luke K in this group but he will end up outside.

Does Teo in any way shape or form resemble ANY of Willis or Mayo at MLB?

It's just not close.

Put Manit in a Purdue uni and ..........

A.    he would have a "real girlfriend"   ......

and

B.   he would be considered a 4th round pick.

Watched him all year as an ND fan....this is ON THE FIELD. Has a nose for the ball, great tackler (aside from BCS title game, I'll explain later), coverage is an issue that he could work on but not a complete liability. He lost a decent amount of weight from Jr to Sr year to be more agile and quick...He's a solid 2nd round pick with potential.

Now, the BCS Title game. Yes, he missed some tackles. I think, looking back, part of it was the "big stage" and also the whole girlfriend thing (b/c it was known internally before the game, in mid December). Also, his defensive line was consistently blown into the backfield all game. Especially so when Nix and Tuitt, the top DLs, went out...so I take that game with a grain of salt. But he did miss on some "playmaking" tackles.

As for this "fake girlfriend" stuff....I honestly don't know what to think. I am not going to blindly defend him as a ND homer, but we need to know what really went down. Latest reports are saying the Tuiasosasopo (sp?) kid is admitting he was pranking Te'o the whole time and had a girl working the "girlfriend" angle. So who knows? Something doesn't add up here...and he needs to come out and speak publicly and tell the TRUTH about it all.

That being said: he's never:

Been arrested for DUI, assault, drug use, fighting, etc. He doesn't even drink. So, if this whole "fake gf" thing is the worst thing he's done...well I have seen guys with plenty more baggage get drafted...

Sorry for the long summary, but as a huge ND fan I've been following him closely. On the field he is a late 1st-early 2nd IMO unless he wows at the combine and clears this whole mess up somehow. But he is a tackling machine with good instincts that can't be taught.

And to answer the original question, no. He had some great games against some really mediocre teams and the one good team he did play (Alabama) he was absolutely terrible in. He's an arm tackler and that's not going to work in the NFL where all of the players are larger and stronger.