Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is going through Peyton's head right now?

cokomenow

He played a great game throughout, but when he was needed to make a final drive to win the game, he came up short (Which is the media's perception of him during the playoffs).  This Broncos team has been, in my opinion, one of the better teams he's played with in recent years.  They were lucky that they didn't suffer many damaging injuries as playoff teams often do ('09 Colts).  Is it possible that this demoralizing loss might get to Peyton's head? Or is this going to fuel him even more?

The great ones, it always fuels them. Peyton lost in the 2005 divisional round to the eventual SB champs Steelers, and with some breaks falling his way, his team won it all in 2006. Sometimes, it just takes a butt kicking like that in the playoffs for the ENTIRE TEAM to wake up and not take things for granted. The Broncos sure looked like a team that took things for granted, IMO.

More importantly, what is going on in the Broncos' coaching staff's heads right now? Jeez, maybe we are not as good as we thought we are??? :) Maybe our head coaching chances just went down the tubes as co-ordinators???

Peyton knows it's a team game.  One pick does not win or lose a game for you.  The game is 60 minutes long and I have never seen a game be completely determined by just one play.  The Broncos had multiple opportunities to win the game, as did the Ravens.  It never comes down to one play.

Peyton knows it's a team game.  One pick does not win or lose a game for you.  The game is 60 minutes long and I have never seen a game be completely determined by just one play.  The Broncos had multiple opportunities to win the game, as did the Ravens.  It never comes down to one play.

I dont think the top QBs think that way.

...Peyton had several plays and decisions he would like back..

You KNOW he blames himself...and he doesn't

blame his teammates (except for that poor safety) for situations when the ball is in his hands..

Top players, I would guess, dont rationalize away mistakes the way you and I can

I heard this morning on sports radio that on that 3rd and 7 play that EVERY Denver fan was expecting to be a pass play, and they then ran the ball for less than a yard, that Peyton audibled that play.

It was supposed to be a pass play.

He changed it to a running play that gained a yard at most.

Apparently a lot of Denver fans online were questioning his comment after the game that he had changed it. Many were not happy with him.

This Denver team over achieved. They had the easiest schedule in the league, and did not really play anyone and beat them except an injury riddled Baltimore team and an average Bengals team that they struggled against. I was not shocked to see them one and done like everyone else was. I picked Baltimore against them a week ago, just had a strong feeling it was their time to win it. They totally out played Denver. All this denial, the stat board shows otherwise. People were way to quick to crown them a Super Bowl team, since they had beat up cup cake after cup cake after cup cake on their schedule.

"I turned the ball over 3 times, and if it wasn't for my special teams we would have been toast, man I'm glad that's over. When is my next commercial filming?"
please 1 was a sack the other wa sa clear penalty on decker...

the last interception is entirely on him.. the sack might be half on him half the line

he connected 3 nice TD passes so i dont see exactly how he would have been toast if not for hollyday

blah blah blah. It's all hearsay. If it weren't for Manning we might have 10 rings by now, it's time to let go of the past.

Or if It weren't for Manning we may be the LA Colts or something.

You don't have to like Manning for what he is, for making lots of money, but to say he was the problem is just well...... silly ( I don't want to get banned for the actual word I want to use)

Imagine that awkward moment at the pro bowl (if Brady doesn't go) when Peyton and Luck meet and talk for the first time since "the drama."

I think it would be cool.  I would love for Luck to pick Peyton's brain.  And Luck to say....  "don't worry, I will put the Patriots down for you this next few years"

Or if It weren't for Manning we may be the LA Colts or something.

You don't have to like Manning for what he is, for making lots of money, but to say he was the problem is just well...... silly ( I don't want to get banned for the actual word I want to use)

I'm not insinuating that, I was making a mockery of the post that claims without Manning we would be in LA.

He played a great game throughout, but when he was needed to make a final drive to win the game, he came up short (Which is the media's perception of him during the playoffs).  This Broncos team has been, in my opinion, one of the better teams he's played with in recent years.  They were lucky that they didn't suffer many damaging injuries as playoff teams often do ('09 Colts).  Is it possible that this demoralizing loss might get to Peyton's head? Or is this going to fuel him even more?

I think Peyton has been through enough demoralizing loss to get him through this.

I'm not insinuating that, I was making a mockery of the post that claims without Manning we would be in LA.

Did you ever see how empty the dome was in the nineties? Do you think the city would have built new stadium for a perennial door mat? Without a new stadium oat would have moved the team. He hinted at it several times

I think it would be cool.  I would love for Luck to pick Peyton's brain.  And Luck to say....  "don't worry, I will put the Patriots down for you this next few years"

They already know each other so it might be nice. I hope to get a good picture at least!

Did you ever see how empty the dome was in the nineties? Do you think the city would have built new stadium for a perennial door mat? Without a new stadium oat would have moved the team. He hinted at it several times

Who's to say that the next QB was gonna be a perennial door mat?

Hes wondering how many more chances he has left.  Peyton gave Balt 17 points (pick 6, fumble turned into td and int for winning fg).  If not for the kick and punt returner getting back 14 the game wouldnt have been close.

Its not a secret that Mannings worst games are in the playoffs.  Too bad because now I have absolutely no reason to watch the playoffs and football season feels officially over. 

Look guys, we can argue this till we are all blue in the face, I'm just saying that it's not a guarantee that The Colts would have failed without Manning ,and it's not a guarantee that they would have left INDY. Period.

So i take it you didn't see the empty dome in the ninties...

Look guys, we can argue this till we are all blue in the face, I'm just saying that it's not a guarantee that The Colts would have failed without Manning ,and it's not a guarantee that they would have left INDY. Period.

Well considering that I live in Indiana when they were fighting for a new stadium Peyton went with Irsay before the board and it was threatened that if he didn't get the stadium they could and might move the team to LA. It was all over the local news and the local papers. So it wasn't hearsay that is actually what happened. Peyton also went to the General Assembly to try and help get the stadium. So I would say that Peyton was a big help in getting it done. :thmup:  Before you ask link please that was a long time ago and I'm not going to archive the newspapers to fine the actual articles. :) 

Well considering that I live in Indiana when they were fighting for a new stadium Peyton went with Irsay before the board and it was threatened that if he didn't get the stadium they could and might move the team to LA. It was all over the local news and the local papers. So it wasn't hearsay that is actually what happened. Peyton also went to the General Assembly to try and help get the stadium. So I would say that Peyton was a big help in getting it done. :thmup:  Before you ask link please that was a long time ago and I'm not going to archive the newspapers to fine the actual articles. :)

I have no doubt that this actually happened, but it's irrelevant because they didn't leave, it's not like they packed up the mayflower trucks and someone came in while they were driving away and said OK OK, we'll build it.

I have no doubt that this actually happened, but it's irrelevant because they didn't leave, it's not like they packed up the mayflower trucks and someone came in while they were driving away and said OK OK, we'll build it.

No all I am saying SH is that it took some doings to get it done because our General Assembly doesn't want to do anything that cost Big Money. I know because I have lived here my whole life and have seen their workings for many years.  That's all I'm saying on the subject. :)